*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1117848-Whatever-Happened-To-Finn-Dowen-Anyway-2
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1117848
If she just dissapeared, where would she be?
Finn’s story could have been anybody else’s.
Her daddy was the governor; a big, fat-lipped man who liked nothing better but to sit and watch while others did his dirty work.
He was short, only 5 foot 8, but for a man who only came up to a boy’s nose, he appeared taller; the height he didn’t possess, he made up for in weight. Gary had 240 pounds on his side. Most of Gary's fat was muscle, collected in the barrel of his chest and the ripples of his forearms, the burly legs. Two hundred and fourty pounds of flesh that he applied in power. One hit from Gary was equivalent to a baseball bat to the side of the head. The man knew he had power, and unfortunate for the others around him, he learned how to channel and manipulate it, like a bendy straw.
Gary Dowen wished he had had a son; a son like John Wayne or even Billy the Kid. A son who, like himself, had learned the rules before he played the game.
Gary Dowen was a man who hid his cowardice by inflicting fear. He dwelled on the basic fact, that where there was fear, there was always victory. The governor liked victory.
The only person who saw through his thin-spread façade , was his daughter, Finn, and she put her seeing eyes to her advantage, and good use.
Finn had only one goal of which Gary knew of, and it was not a goal he liked. Gary, even if he was a coward, was not dumb. Finn wanted him, and then she wanted out. And Finn, who was only a girl, he would not allow to stand in the way of his plans, which were evil and shady, just like the man himself.

What happened to Finn Dowen had had a purpose. Gary had planned from top to bottom, but his plans had been sent spinning, a rubber top in motion, although it was unbeknownst to him. He had thought he’d sewed all the stitches, but Finn had found the loophole and ripped it wide open.
It had been almost foolproof.
Finn was no fool.
He had sent her one million dollars in cash, one million dollars to leave the country and never come back.
That wouldn’t keep her away, he knew.
So he took more drastic measures. The working of a no-good man was a working to see.
However, comes the old saying,
“Good always conquers evil.”
© Copyright 2006 Incinerated (incinerated at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1117848-Whatever-Happened-To-Finn-Dowen-Anyway-2