*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1192388-A-Night-Full-but-Filled-With-Nothing
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #1192388
A lonely night repeated by many.
She sits.
Alone.

This is not an unusual site, as this young girl usually spends her nights waiting for that something that will never come. Always looking forward, and only looking backward in times she wished didn't exist. A light heart, a southern-soul, a slim mouth, and bright eyes. Always looking forward.

Music lightly playing, and fingers tapping at the crisp keyboard. Chair warm and pupils small, she typed a note to those who might care enough to read.


She'd always wished to see something no one else would. She obviously did, because not many people shared he same views, and she was just fine with that. She looked in awe at the ugliest things, and found beauty in those who lacked. She was always one for long and meaningful conversations, but her flirtatious smile and irresistible laugh forced extinction on such exchange.


With a one-second strike at the "w" key, one-second at the "h".. and what seemed like an infinite amount of seconds on key "y", she finished her note. Checked her phone one last time, turned out the light and went to sleep.

The night was full with much disappointment, but such disappointment is only what she had expected.
© Copyright 2006 LilyPee (thisisahymn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1192388-A-Night-Full-but-Filled-With-Nothing