*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1212518-To-Hold-Him-In-My-Arms
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by tuffyt
Rated: E · Poetry · Family · #1212518
These were my thoughts as I held my sick child in my arms

Mom son Brandon has had so many struggles is his life. There are days when I am not sure if he is going to see another day or if God is just going to take him home. Many days go by and I am just happy for the comfort of holding him in my arms, yet I long to see his beautiful eyes. This poem came from a day that I was greatful yet loning.




I lay here and I hold you in my arms so snug and tight. Thanking God above for yet another gallant fight.
Your eyes are closed and sleeping. The dreams they fill your head. I am thanking God above, That you are safely in my bed.

Your body is much thinner there are things we will have to do. Thanking God above, for that day He gave me you.

The struggles they have been many, with each one you still hold tight. I am thanking God above, for His ever present light.

We don't know bout tomorrow, or what the future holds in store. Just thanking God above, for the days that we have more.

I love my son with all that I am and all that I ever will be. I praise God each day for his life and for what it means. I keep these days close to my heart because I never know what tomorrow will bring. This is true of so many that have children who are ill.

We need to remember this in the lives of our other children as well. I never go to bed angry at my children no matter what. As Clay often says, "My mommy always loves me even when I am bad!" We do not know what God has in store for them either. Wouldn't it be ashame if on that one night that you did not have time to read that special story, say those prayers, give them yet one more kiss and hug, or tuck them for the tenth time under the covers----God decided they were His once more.

Never be too busy, never be to upset, never be to proud; to let your children know how much they mean to you. They are but a gift from God. Given to us for such a short time. Enjoy every second of it. I know I do.
© Copyright 2007 tuffyt (tuffyt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1212518-To-Hold-Him-In-My-Arms