*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1226745-The-Littlest-Angels-Have-Wings
by harlie
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1226745
Childrens short story of a small birds adventure.
Kenya is a small Senegal Parrot who loves to fly and play.

One day when she was flying over a small pond she happened to see a very young boy sitting alone.

Kenya flew down and landed on the branch of a tree and she noticed that the young boy was very, very sad. Kenya thought that if she could ask the boy what was wrong then maybe she could help him.

So she flew down to the ground beside boy and chirped softly. The boy turned to look at her but he was so sad that he didn't even say a word.

Kenya asked the boy, why are you so sad? The young boy told her that he had lost his brand new toy that his mommy bought for him just today.

He also told her that his mommy didn't have very much money because they were all alone. Well this made Kenya sad because she had lost her toys before and she was all alone also.

Kenya told the boy, "My name is Kenya and if you tell me your name and what your toy looks like, I can help you look for it."

The boy said, "My name is Seth, but you are too small to help me, I need someone big."

Kenya chirped and told Seth that when she is flying in the air or sitting in a tree, she could see everything from up there.

Oh said Seth, he didn't think about that!

I would love it if you could help me find my new toy wagon. It is red with black and white wheels on it!

Kenya thought for a moment, then she flew to the top of a tree.

Chirp chirp!!! said Kenya!! I see it! I see your wagon Seth!




More of the story to come soon!!!

This story is dedicated to my Grandson Seth and my own Senegal Parrot Kenya!!!
© Copyright 2007 harlie (harlie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1226745-The-Littlest-Angels-Have-Wings