*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1226927-Childhood-Memories
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1226927
A character of the story who needs to say good bye.
    Mandi was walking along the dirt road looking around quietly.  She had lived in Pecan Acres for four years.  Her friends were here, her family was here, and her life was here.  Her brother, Dane, was hanging around the 'wrong' crowd according to what she had heard her parents say, and her dad’s new job was too far to commute.  Mandi kicked the ground with her foot.  She was about to start fifth grade, and she was not excited about another new school.  She had gone to four schools before they settled in Pecan Acres.  She hated being the new kid.  She remembered what it felt like to walk into a classroom full of kids who already knew each other.   
    "Hi!"
    Mandi, lost in thought, jumped and turned around.  "Hi Charlie."
    "Why the long face?"
    "Just thinking."
    "'Bout leavin'?"
    "Yes."  Mandi loved Charlie.  She had been his 'girl' for two years.  She couldn't bear the thought of leaving.
    Charlie sighed, and put his arm around Mandi.  He kissed her head and walked with her.  “I love you.”
    “Yeah, me too.”  Mandi’s parents didn’t understand the feelings that she had for Charlie.  He was special.  They said she was too young to feel love for someone.  Mandi loved Charlie, though.  Not like she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him…she was ten!  But, she knew he was something, and she would miss him terribly. 
    “Mandi!  Let’s go!”  Mandi heard her mother’s voice and knew they were leaving.  They had packed everything and were ready to move to the new place. 
    Charlie looked into Mandi’s eyes.  “I’ll never forget you, I love you.  Don’t forget me.”  Charlie kissed Mandi softly and looked at her.  Mandi turned and walked away.  She never looked back, and never said a word. 
© Copyright 2007 Bethany (brhiannon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1226927-Childhood-Memories