*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1284148-Chips-are-Better-than-Rice-Krispies
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1284148
Something I did for school. I got an A- on it! For creativity.
Word count: 667

Chips are Better than Rice Krispies



         One day after school, I decided to take a relaxing break from homework. But first I had to take a twenty-foot long journey from my couch to the fridge. During this
excruciatingly long adventure, I met many friends, and a foe or two. Let me describe this fascinating tale in detail.

         The moment I got home from a long, boring day at school, I knew I had to get
something to drink or I would die from dehydration. I also knew I had to make a very
long trip in order for me to have that drink. So, I set off for the adventure. But when I got to the fridge, I had completely forgotten why I was there, so I set off toward the couch. With each step I took, it felt more and more like I had socks on my feet, and when I looked down I realized that I indeed did have socks on! That was very weird, because I had absolutely no recollection of putting them on. In my amazement, I almost missed the chirping of the birds outside, but this didn’t faze me much because I heard this noise every day.

         When I got to the ever so comfortable couch, I decided to see what was on the
television. As I reached for the remote, I remembered why I went to the fridge so long
ago. I remembered because I could taste the dryness that was building up in my mouth.

         So there I was, getting ready for another exciting adventure to the monstrous
fridge. As I got up I realized that I was also very hungry. That would mean that I would have to take another gigantic step toward the pantry after I reached my destination of the refrigerator.

         I could feel my hunger growing with each step I took. It got to the point where I
got so hungry, that I started to feel sick. But I was too far to quit and turn back, and I still had a long ways to go. I could see the target I was headed for, but it was so far away into the distance, that I couldn’t see it very clearly. I had to keep going.

         I made it to the fridge with great difficulty, but I was glad I had made it safely. If I told you of all the dangers and risks I took to get there, this would no longer be an essay, it would be a novel. Anyway, back to the exciting story. I had to act quickly, so I opened the door to the fridge, and I looked inside. NOOO! I had opened the door to the freezer! That was a big waste of valuable time. So, I quick closed it and I opened the correct door, and the only thing there was to drink was Pepsi. I had no choice, Pepsi it was. That conquers my hydration issue, but I still needed some food. The next mission was to get to the pantry, which was a whopping three feet away! When I reached the pantry, I grabbed a couple of Rice Krispies. Those were the first things I saw so therefore that is what I ate.

         At that point in time, I was so relieved that I had accomplished those two tasks. But there was still one that I had to finish, and that was to relax. So I made my way back to the couch. On the journey back, everything was going swell until I saw a big hairy spider in my path! I couldn’t believe it, my worst nightmare. I couldn’t deal with the pressure of killing it, so I took a very long detour around it. It took an extra ten seconds, but at least I was safe. I finally got to relax, but I couldn’t feel 100% safe, when I knew that that creature was crawling around my house.

         That day I learned something. I learned that I like chips better than Rice Krispies.
© Copyright 2007 Glavin V. Thryash (jomamma92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1284148-Chips-are-Better-than-Rice-Krispies