*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1297302-The-Lonely-Night
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1297302
Jadon is walking down the street and into the woods when he is attacked and soon bitten.
Jade took a deep breath of the warm summer breeze which filled his nostrils. He loved the summer. Not only because he was out of school but because of the hot days and warm night. He hated the cold. It was in fact, one of his biggest pet peeves. He looked down the narrow road which was emtied of cars and people. The houses surrounding were hardly seen through the darkness of the night. For some reason, this area of the street always seemed to be much darker than te rest of the road. Perhaps it was the lack of streetlights or the houses which were deserted. He looked to all of the houses. The lights were off. He wondered what time it was. He had left his cell phone on his bed before leaving the house after a row with his brother. That was unatural. Jade and his brother, Cody fought almost every single day. It was normal that Jade walked around the night.
He looked over at the woods near him. He had never gone in them before. He was always too scared. He thought deeply and decided that he would go. What was there to worry about?
© Copyright 2007 NikkiUndead (nikkiundead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1297302-The-Lonely-Night