*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436237-Cookies
Rated: E · Short Story · Biographical · #1436237
I know my Daddy loved my cookies; they were all gone the next morning.
Cookies!



My Daddy loves me.  I know this because he tells me all the time just how much he loves me.  He is the bestest Daddy in the world, and I love him, too.

Yesterday my Daddy took me to the zoo.  It was lots of fun!  I saw monkeys and camels and even an ephelant.  I never saw anything that big before.

Daddy does so many things for me.  He likes to make me happy.  I want to do something for him to make him happy, so I decided to do what my Mommy does for him on ‘Specialcasions.’  (I’m not really sure what a ‘Specialcasion’ is, but I think it has something to do with birthdays and Christmas and stuff like that.)  I’m going to make him some cookies!  He loves Mommy’s cookies almost as much as he loves me.  If he loves her cookies that much, then mine will be even betterer, right?

I can do it now; Mommy is sleeping.  She does that every day now since my baby brother got here.  When he takes his nap, she does, too. 

I’m gonna close the door so I don’t wake Mommy up.  She gets grumpy when I do.  It’s not fair...she doesn’t get upset when the baby wakes her up.  I think she loves him more than me.

OK, first I gotta get everything together.  Eggs and sugar and salt and, oh yeah, the cookbook.  I know how to preheat the oven; I’ve seen Mommy do it lots of times.  Now a big mixing bowl and here we go!

That was hard work.  Why do eggs break in half so easy for Mommy?  I think I got all the pieces of shell out.  Gee, I don’t remember the kitchen being this messy when Mommy does it.

*  *  *



I did it!  They’re all pretty on a big plate, the same one Mommy uses.  A few of them are almost black, but the rest look good.  Mommy woke up and helped me clean up the mess I made.  At first she was mad, but then she helped when I told her they were for Daddy.  I can’t wait for him to try them!

*  *  *



I’m getting ready for bed now, Daddy will be in soon with Mommy to tuck me in.  I’m really tired, this baking stuff is harder than it looks.  I’ll never forget how Daddy’s face looked when he saw the cookies, and the other face he made when he tasted the first one.  He got a great big smile; he must have liked them a lot.  He ate three of them all at once!  Then Mommy spoiled it when she tried one.  She said it was time for dinner, no more cookies now.  Spoilsport.

So I made cookies for my Daddy and he loves me even more.  Even Mommy loves me a little bit more now, too.  She said that the next time I want to bake cookies for Daddy, she’ll help me.  She even promised to teach me the difference between one teaspoon of salt and one cup of salt.  Does it really make that much of a difference?



© Copyright 2008 ShadowMouse (knitmouse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436237-Cookies