*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1446290-She-is-not-meant-to-be-loved-by-no-man
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1446290
Every man that fell her way died.
She walked by without a passing glance. Since he had left, she hadn't been the same. He left the way they all did; the ones she would and would have gotten closed to, they all died before thirty.

Andy, the first victim, was the high school jock. Number one rated quaterback in the state; all-division in basketball and baseball. Had numberous scholarship offers from some of the top rated schools in the national. They met their junior year. It was lust at first sight, but turned into loved very shortly. Then, the biggest football game of Andy's career, the state championship game. The coach puts the bus in park and the players get off. Andy and some of his friends goof off and one pushes him in front of the bus, which rolls and flattens him. Someone had tampered with the parking brakes. He was seventeen.

Mickey, her date to prom, was walking to her door to meet her parents, when the balcony above the front door collapsed. It cut up his jugular vein, but somehow they got him to the hospital in time; however, he died a week later from laughing too hard at a joke she told. He was eighteen.

A few years went by; it was her sophomore year at college. She fell head over heels for Joey. They had dated for a year and he popped a the question. She said yes. She had just told him she was three months pregnant when he fell to his knees in exitment yelling, when the street cleaner shot a loose piece of metal across the road, cutting his head off, and taking a older mans leg off. He was twenty- four.

Five years went by, she now had a little boy named Bronson. She loved him very much, but never thought she could find a man that loved her and him. Until she met Chuck at the office one day. Five dates and everyone of them Bronson had been allowed to tag allong. They went to the movies and Bronson wanted to play in the arcade, Chuck was trying to get the change machine to take his money, when suddenly his tie got sucked up in it. It suffocated him to death. He was twenty-nine.

It had been twenty-one years, it was her sons twenty-fifth birthday. She had never married. After Chuck she stopped dating. She was now walking all alone at the dead of night on her sons birthday along the bridge above the interstate. At night there was never much traffic. She climbed on top of the side and look up at the sky and yelled, "They all left me! They all said they loved me, but none of them really did! I loved everyone of them with all my heart! It was one thing for the men to leave me, but then my son left me! Why did he drown on his birthday?! Well, my heart is gone; there is nothing more of it to give away! So now it is my turn to leave." And she jumped.

"When should mom be here?" Bronson asked.

"In about thirty seconds." Andy answered.

"Now we all get to stay with her forever. Even if it was her who killed us all." Chuck said.

"Now I finally get my last dance she promised me." Mickey said.

"I hope she still has my ring I gave her. Now come here my son, she will be here in a few seconds. I want the first thing she sees is her new family." Joey said.

Bronson, Chuck, Mickey, Andy, and Joey all turned from the screen and looked at the opening gate, where the most beautiful broken angel stood, waiting for the men who left her to welcome her home.
© Copyright 2008 Dreamer101 (dreamer101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1446290-She-is-not-meant-to-be-loved-by-no-man