*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1665299-The-girl-in-the-window
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1665299
A 1st person story about a girl in the window
I was walking up my street when i saw the girl. She was standing in the window of the house at the top of my street. Nobody speaks of the house anymore. All i know about it is the tales people have told me, many years ago. People say its haunted by a little girl who got killed hundreds of years back. Anybody who is brave enough to stand and look into the main window get cursed and die before they get back to their own house so they can't say what they saw.
Of course thats just one of the stories, there are many more but they all involve a little girl.
Our street is bright and cheerful, its always busy with women with prams or husbands heading off to work at half 8 in the morning. Then at 9 with the children walking to school since its not too far. But nobody ever looks at the house, they just blank it out.
But one morning was so different from the rest. It was a gloomy day in July, everyone was shocked because gloomy didn't exist on my street. I got up late and when i got to the top of my street there was a voice in my head. Saying 'look up to the window.' And so i let my eyes look up to the round, dark glass that stared at me all the time. And as i looked into the room, there was no one there. I let out a sigh of relief and was just about to leave when i heard a creak. It wasn't from the window, it was from the door.
A girl stood there. She looked about five years old and had bunches in her pretty blonde hair. Her beautiful face was chalk white and her eyes were sky blue and very pretty. She wore a yellow dress with buttercups on and her black shoes had laces which were done up in bows. She wouldn't smile though.
I noticed a purple bruise on her face which wasn't there before. I reconised the girl from somewhere. As i kept staring at her she began to get bruises and her eyes went black. She let out a scream. I started to back away but then she said, "Please stay, everyone always runs away. You don't." Her voice was so sweet and soft, it scared me though.
"What happened to you?" I whispered, trying to sound as brave as possible.
"My father killed me because i got my dress dirty. He hit me and when i was dead, he left me in my bedroom to rot and but a curse on me, whoever dared to look at me would die a painful death." I stared at this poor lonely ghost girl. She was so pretty and now she was gone.
"Thankyou for freeing me from my father's prison." The girl continued, "I wish you a long and happy life."
The girl gave a smile then, The sun lit on the house freeing it from the darkness cage and the girl stepped into the sunlight where she turned to dust.
I was sure this was a dream but the next day the house had gone.



The End
© Copyright 2010 Disneygirl (disneygirl226 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1665299-The-girl-in-the-window