*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1704333-kill-joy
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1704333
Keatonmakes a wish on to control emotions but uses it to kill joy
Waking up at exactly six o'clock so that he could open his presents Keaton jumped out of bed. He wasn't happy but for the first time in a while he wasn't sad. He went through his top draw looking for his "Metalica" shirt.  he pulled it on over his pair of 'Levi's' and walked down to the kitchen. Keatons dad was already in there making pancakes "hey son" he called cheerfully. Keaton smiled at sat down at he table and picked up a picture of his mother. Dean looked over "i miss her too son" he said calmly. Keaton looked up to see his father standing over him with a bottle of orange juice. "yes thanks" he said watching the orange liquid pour into the glass. "tell you what how about you take the day off school and we go out?" Keaton nodded he hated school it always treated him badly.evr since hs mother died Keaton wanted to gget rid off al emotions he did not feel and that emotion was joy. At midday Keaton and his father arrived at the marina "hey I got you a surprise for you" Keaton looked up suddenly and smiled. "Thanks dad." then three men came out witha  cake singing happy birthday baber shop style. Keaton had to smile but more of emmbarrasment than anything else. "Go on make a wish."  Keaton made his wish and blew out the candles all 15 of them at once. He travelled home thinking of that wish and what he would do with it. to control emotions was one big thing to have. the very next day he went to school sad and depressed as normal evrybody was so happy he hated it. He began to imaagine making them all depressed like he was well at least not as happy when he noticed people dying down in their behaviour and some evn crying. Cool Keaton thought my wish came true. he conntinued to kill peoples joy and made them feel as bad as he normally did an dit made him feel better. Something weirs was happenning though whenever he messed with Timothy's emotions Keatons would be directly affected. Maybe it's because we are such good friends thought Keaton but he still wasnt't sure. of course the afects t had didn't really bother Keaton sohe continued not knowing how much it would affect him. that night Keaton went home happy. This was the first time in ages. It was two weeks lateradn Keaton was still killing all joy he came across. "Keaton I have noticed oyu have been happier latley and that is great." Keaton nodded to his father and then went up stairs to bed. it was half past two and a call came that awoke Keaton he lay inn bed listening to it for a while not knowing what was going on. ten minutes later his father came in."Keaton are oyu awake?" Keaton sat up and looked at his dad.'whats wrong?" Dean sat down on Keatons bed. "it's Timothy he's dead son." Keaton sat back "no how could it be i only just saw him." Dean looked at his son. "His parents asay he had been really upset the last few weeks and it mut have been to much for him he committed suicide." Keaton got up and ran outside to his tree house and stayed there crying. He picke up a picture of Tim i am so sorry man i never wanted you to do something that drastic I just wanted peole to know how i felt i hate this power i need to fix things i need to fix them he layed down crying himself to sleep, He awoke the next morning in his bed and went down stairs. "son i have found out that Timothy started to be like this since his dog sied so it wasn't you." Keaton thought for a moment wondering how he would know. "I know you made a wish to change peoples emotions and that it was granted because the same thhing happened to mem  wished to get tour wish." Keaton loked up his eyes red "I still have to change things." Dean nodded "Maybe but for now just eat your breakfast you gat the week of school." Although he had the week off he still snuck into school adn made everybody go back t their normal emotions. he neer got over hwat happened and couldn't help but feel still feel guilty. at the funeral Keaton decided from that day forward to never want to change people again.
© Copyright 2010 mysterious_mystery (shadow_mystery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1704333-kill-joy