*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1758647-Excerpts
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1758647
fdjsadkfjalsdfjasdklfjadsl;fkja;
Milwaukee's teachers are the best paid teachers in the midwest. Milwaukee has a depressing 68% graduation rate and two-thirds of Wisconsin eighth graders read below grade level.  The teachers' unions never mention that private and Catholic school teachers make far less, with far superior results. Today, a Wisconsin teacher reported retiring at age 55, after working part time for five short years. She “only” about $250 per month for life from the taxpayers of Wisconsin. If this teacher lives to be 78, her pension will amount to over $65,000. With cost of living increases, it will probably go to $75,000 – more than twice as much as her entire five-year working salary, which was $35,000. The message is simple: “Accept these modest cuts and end abusive collective bargaining by public employees or “YOU'RE FIRED.” And be sure to charge the teachers who have fake doctor notes with fraud.



In the Madison area and surrounding communities, 21 districts closed their schools. Many argue for the legality of the protest, claiming it is not directed at an employer, disqualifying it as a strike. John Matthews, the Madison Teachers Inc. executive director, referred to the events “a political action,” not a strike. A strike includes any concerted work stoppage by municipal employees, any concerted interruption of operation of services, or any concerted refusal to work or perform normal duties for the purpose of enforcing demands on a municipal employer. The bill, if passed, would prohibit future strikes of the same kind. The bill reads, “This bill authorizes a state agency to discharge any state employee who fails to report to work as scheduled for any three unexcused working days during a state of emergency or who participates in a strike, work stoppage, sit-down, stay-in, slowdown, or other concerted activities to interrupt the of operations or services of state government, including specifically  purported mass resignations or sick calls. Under the bill, engaging in any of these actions constitutes a just cause for discharge.” They elected Republicans to run both the house and the Senate. This was a change election in Wisconsin.
© Copyright 2011 Trystran Allianna Aiden (allianna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1758647-Excerpts