*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818470-Daily-Flash-Fiction
Rated: · Other · Other · #1818470
222 words.
“When I was born, I was a healthy baby girl. I had a head full of hair and good heart. But, because of my mother not caring and shooting heroin while she was pregnant, I was only born with one thumb. My mother was never much of a mother; she never tended to me when I needed her. So I learned to take care of my self at a rather young age. On the first day of school, I noticed something else was different. I had to look up to all the other kids, just to talk to them. They called me a midget, just because I was short. The other kids in my class were so much taller than I was. They probably had about a 2-foot advantage. Caring about myself, that day I went to the doctor. He continued to tell me that because of my mothers negligent of being pregnant, that I was in fact a midget. But, I was determined to live my life just as if I were normal. I was just like the other kids. I comb my hair just like them; I use my toothbrush just like them; minus a thumb. I wasn’t going to let other kids get to me. I was unique in my on way, and that was good enough for me.”
© Copyright 2011 Amy Daniel (ald94 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818470-Daily-Flash-Fiction