*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1860836-The-Bond-series-Number-5
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1860836
The Bond is a series of short stories that all fall into one story about protectors.
THE BOND -5-
The Tale of Bo

His dreams burnt in fire. The flames of despair rose before his eyes. Left ashes of empty hope, dreams, goals, and joy.


Whenever Bo was five years old, he had a great family. A dad, a mom, a little sister. Perfect. But then… a house fire sparked. It was in the night. The orange shadow cast fear over the town he lived in.

Firefighters appeared. They charged in, while some sprayed the flames from the outside. Too little too late. Everybody was killed in the fire.

Crying was heard.

“What was that?” said one fighter.
“I don’t know.. Let’s check it out.”

They went searching, in a rush.

Nothing. They went out.

“something’s wrong. I feel it.” one of the firefighters said.
“Bo, no.”
Bo ran inside to check. Sure enough this brave fighter saw a child. His left arm was stuck under a piece of burning wood. Bo had really bad asthma… and he went in without his mask. He was having an asthma attack. But… he pulled through it. He managed to get the child and bring him out.

“Bo! You did it!…. Bo?”

Bo fell to the ground. He died.

His best friend cried over his body.
“whis-whisper-whus”
“what”
Bo’s last words.
“Take care of this boy.”
“I will…. His name will be Bo. Named after the greatest person I’ve ever known.”
Bo the firefighter faded away… with a smile on his face.

The firefighter tried hard to take care of Bo, but financially it wasn’t possible. He had to give Bo over. The fighter was Johnny Willow. That’s right. Son of Mrs. Willow. Bo was handed over to Mrs. Willow. The first child in the newly opened orphanage.

Ever since that incident.. The fire… Bo had to wear a full arm wrap on his left arm. You already know about this. Knuckles to shoulder. For the rest. Of. His. Entire. Life.

You know that has to suck.

Bo felt abandoned for a while and struggled with depression and anxiety. Whenever Violet moved in, he kind of made a new friend, but Violet is… not very nice. At all. Whenever Rain moved in, he loved her, a brother sister relationship. Rain and him were so close. But whenever Parker moved in, Bo and him just were like born brothers. Best friends, a bond was born.
Best friends. Forever. No matter what.


-END-

THE BOND -5- (part two)

The Tale of Parker


The last one to make it into the Willow Orphanage. Last… but not least.

Whenever Parker was seven, his tragedy bloomed from a random night with his family. He was just joking around with his dad, mom and older sister.

A doorbell rung.

His sister answered the door…. A shot was fired.

His sister was shot in the head by a man with a ski mask and a black outfit on, wielding a desert eagle.

His sister fell. Deceased. Dead…. Murdered. Mom screamed, dad ran to his gun case to grab his shotgun. He didn’t make it.
The man shot dad in the spine. Parker by this time was pouring tears like a sink faucet turned all the way on.

Mom charged the man, screaming. Boom.

Mom was shot in the gut.

The man walked to Parker.

“Grow hate. Grow agony. Grow sorrow… Grow strength.”

The man left. Left the bloody massacre with a smile beneath the masquerading ski mask. He was soon after arrested with a life sentence. Parker’s neighbor called the police. Luckily.

Parker was never the same. He cried forever. Six years later, 14, he still struggles with his depression from this event. He grew up mute. Or close to it. Parker was so shy and timid. He never talked unless spoken to. The only people that he can openly talk to is Bo, his brother, Rain, his sister, and sometimes Mrs. Willow, who took him in two months after the night.


Now, Parker has a duty to fulfill after training with Bobby. To rescue Noelle. To save the bond. To protect the innocent of the world. He’s a hero. A superhero. This is the saga of Parker, the Guardian of Darkness.

Prologue complete
-THE SAGA OF PARKER-


Parker looked into the mirror in the house in the tornado valley.

He fixed his hair, and admired his armor.

Purple clothe material for the shirt, with a black scarf. At the end of the scarf was a symbol. The symbol looked was the symbol for courage.

Every Guardian displayed that symbol.

His shirt has a little cloak at the end that went down to his knees.
His pants were black and loose, with a cross on each leg.
He wore a black belt, and on the buckle was another symbol. the symbol for angel.


Every Guardian also proudly displayed this.


On Parker’s lower back, on his hips, he had a brown sword sheath, about one and a half foot long and four inches wide, that hung down. On the closed end of the sheath, it had a metal tip. On the other side, he had an emblem near the opening of the sheath. Actually, it was another symbol. the symbol of hope



These three symbols that every Guardian wore was called the “Trinity Code of Honor”. Which was a code developed by the first Master of the Lands.

Anyway, inside the sheath, of coarse there was a sword. But this was an oddly shaped blade. The blade wasn’t silver, but instead it was made out of a special metal, Black Steel. This metal is the sharpest and most durable metal ever. So durable it’s close to being indestructible. Also, this blade was eighteen inches long, fifteen inches on the front side, then slanted up to meet the back side. On the back side of the blade, there were teeth all down it, meeting the hilt. On the front side, it was razor sharp, and the tip was even sharper. The hilt was odd. It had to be fat to match the width of the blade (four inches). So it was a brown hilt that went across the blade, and at the front side, it curved into the wielders hand and went back up, to make a handle, and the curve protected the hand. Also, on the handle, there was a cross.

Parker had spent one month training with Bobby, learning many techniques fundamental to being a Guardian. It was time for him to part ways with his mentor and chase the wind of his dreams. To chase the after breeze of his bond running away.

Parker wiped a tear from his eyes and met Bobby outside.

“So… I your really going, huh kid?”
“Heh… Guess so.”
Bobby nodded and smiled.
“Well….. Make me proud… use all that stuff well… You know I can’t come with you. You know why, but, I’ll be with you.. In spirit”
“Yeah… I know… and I will…… you better believe it!”
Bobby smiled.
“Ok then,” Bobby kneeled down and put his hand to the ground. “Summoning Art: Void Gate!”
A big black door raised from the ground and then opened up. It was all black. No nothing.
Parker stepped forward.

“Wait,” Bobby said.
Parker fixated his eyes on him.
“Tell my brother, Ollie Tornado, I sent you. He’ll help you.”
“Alright… hey uh…. Bye”

A tear streamed down Bobby’s face.
“Hurry up and get out of here! I can’t hold it forever!”
“Right”
Parker smiled, then ran into the door. It shut. Then, it lowered into the ground.

“I know he can do it but…. I’m still worried.”
Bobby lay on the ground.


“Be safe, kid.”





END
© Copyright 2012 Chainsaw Love (deathweasel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1860836-The-Bond-series-Number-5