*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1982576-Take-a-Leap-The-Introduction
Rated: E · Chapter · Biographical · #1982576
The intro for my autobiography
Take a good look at me.
Tell me, what do you see?
Do you just see my difference?
Is that the area of significance?

People stop and stare:
I live my life without a care.
Stand and wonder how I cope.
My job is to give people hope.

Myself, 2013


While out on my own in public, I get several different reactions. Whether they be actual comments or just subtle, yet oh so obvious glances, I’ve had it all. I’ve had the “aw bless” to the “you’re very brave/clever”. Then there’s the “where’s your carer?” to the “its such a shame” muttered under Jo Blogg’s breath.

Luckily I have the right mix of stubbornness and sense of humour, with a pinch of self-control, to be able to allow all this to wash over me. Although, I am human so sometimes I do grimace whilst trying to bite back a snappy retort. More often than not, however, I just want to explain. The way I am is, by no means, a shame!

Writing this book has been on my horizon for many years now. I currently earn my living by sharing my story and inspiring secondary school students across East Anglia and it brings me joy. This brings me joy for several reasons, namely my job is to try and give people hope and inspire them to want to achieve great things. But, more than that, when I leave school at 3pm the students say goodbye to a different person to the one they thought they said hello to at 9am. I’m a chameleon!

The title of this book, my autobiography, is inspired by a quote from one of the many hundreds of books I like to read to while away my free time. The quote in question, goes something like this:

“Perhaps we can fly. All of us. How will we ever know unless we leap from some tall tower? No man ever truly knows what he can do unless he dares to leap.
There is the window. Leap. What do you want?
The world.”

George R.R. Martin, A Feast for Crows


What of it’s meaning? In the context of this book, that is up to you. You could take a leap in to my reality. You could read my story and be inspired into leaping into something new. You could dare to broaden your mind and leap into a new way of positive thinking. But, whatever you do, please don’t leap from a window.

As for me? Well, I dare to dream. Therefore, I dare to leap. No matter how strange I look whilst doing so.

And it all started right from the moment my mum screamed, “she’s going blue!”...
© Copyright 2014 Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ (frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1982576-Take-a-Leap-The-Introduction