*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2223332-Dignitaries
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Political · #2223332
don't blindly follow others
Dignitaries

Words from the platform float down from the mouths of the dignitaries like hypodermic needles, and filter into the crowd. Arms, exposed in willing naivety, receive their pricks. Eyes, mesmerized by hypnotic words and cunning smiles, levitate toward the so-called love and trust evoked by the vampires.

Rich, red blood is being siphoned from the masses and channeled back to those on stage, who are vulgarly feeding off the energies of the gullible crowd. Most are blind to the tendrils that penetrate their veins. Some are aware and watch as the river flows away from them, unable to cry out or fight the power that holds them in this trance. So they continue to watch. And they continue to listen. And they continue to fall further into the hold.

Then, when all the profit is siphoned from these gullible creatures, their rag doll carcasses fall limp to the floor, void of energy, void of thought, till the maintenance crew comes along with shovels and scoops them into a back room, to make space for those waiting in line outside.


JMariah
© Copyright 2020 JMariah (poetjmariah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2223332-Dignitaries