*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319045-Chapter-3-Flaw-C-Aug142024
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Adult · #2319045
In this bittersweet world, why is the human suicide rate so low at only 0.02%?
After an unknown amount of time, Wanzhen regained consciousness in Caritas Hospital.

"Wow! Cousin...cousin..." Wanzhen screamed on the hospital bed as soon as she woke up.

"Zhen, it's so good to wake up... How could you faint on the street so well? Fortunately, a passerby took you to the hospital." After Wanzhen fainted, she was taken to the hospital by a passerby. Her mother was notified by the hospital and came over. Guard her until she wakes up.

"...Woo...Woo...Woo..." As soon as Wanzhen saw her mother, she hugged her and cried.

"Don't cry...tell mom what happened?" Mother Liang comforted her.

"...Mom...Cousin, she...she...is dead...wu...wu..." Wanzhen cried.

"Ah! What?... Xinru...is dead...? She was fine earlier, so how could she die suddenly?" Liang's mother was also surprised.

"...Ugh...I...don't know...when I went to visit her, she...suddenly jumped from home...Ugh...she still held my hand before she died!" Wanzhen cried about the situation.

"...Ah...what a tragedy...my dear daughter... it cannot be changed...don't be too sad." Liang's mother tried to explain to Wanzhen.

"No...if I can detect something wrong early, I can save her...I'm useless... I'm useless...Ugh..." Wanzhen thinks that Xinru's death is her responsibility.

"...Daughter...don't blame yourself. There must be a reason why she feels like committing suicide, and it has nothing to do with you." Mother Liang gently patted Wanzhen to persuade her.

"No, it's me who's useless... It's me who's useless... Wu... Wu..." Wanzhen kept blaming herself. Mother Liang could only persuade her with kind words. After a long time, she was able to calm down her mood.

"...Wanzhen...Wanzhen...Wanzhen..." Suddenly, a voice called to Wanzhen.

"...Who? Who called me...?" Wanzhen looked around but saw no one.

"...Wanzhen...I'm here..." A figure suddenly appeared in front of Wanzhen, startling her!

"...Ah...Cousin...Cousin? Is that you?... Why are you...still...alive?..." The person in front of her was the dead Ma Xinru.

"Wanzhen... I was murdered... you must avenge me... you must avenge me..." Xinru kept complaining to Wanzhen.

"...Ah...cousin...what are you talking about?... Cousin...please make it clear!" Wanzhen didn't understand for a moment.

However, before Wanzhen could finish asking, Ma Xinru had disappeared into the void in an instant.

"...Cousin...Cousin...Cousin..." Wanzhen screamed and jumped up from the hospital bed.

"Zhen...Zhen...Zhen...what are you doing? Mom is by your side!" However, the only person besides Wanzhen was Liang's mother, Ma Xinru was not there.

"Ah! Mom...I...just saw my cousin!" Wanzhen told Liang's mother what happened just now.

"...How could it be? I have been with you all the time. You were asleep just now must be dreaming." Mother Liang looked around.

"...Asleep? Dreaming? Maybe...but...my cousin told me just now...she was murdered...and she wanted me to avenge her!" Wanzhen recalled.

"Zhen, don't think too much, take a rest first!" Liang's mother tried to persuade Wanzhen again, but this time she was unsuccessful. Wanzhen continued to think about it, and she was very absorbed in it.

"Haha, our Agent Liang doesn't have to work and is just hiding here to laze around!" Another familiar voice to Wanzhen woke her up from her reverie. It turned out to be Sergeant Chen Dazhong.

"Huh? Sergeant Chen, is that you?..." Wanzhen was slightly stunned.

"Yes! There are two purposes for coming here. The first is to check on you, and the second is to ask you to record a statement... My police district now handles the case of your cousin Ma Xinru." Dazhong explained his purpose.

"Sergeant Chen, you came just in time. I need you too." Wanzhen beamed when she saw Dazhong.

"Oh! What do you want from me?" Dazhong slightly probed his head.

"Sergeant Chen, I want to report a crime. My cousin Ma Xinru was murdered. I ask the police to find the murderer!" Wanzhen said seriously.

"Zhen, don't talk nonsense again..." Mother Liang became nervous after hearing this.

"No, it's not nonsense. Sergeant Chen will investigate the case thoroughly for me!" Wanzhen held her mother and signalled her not to speak.

"Well, Wanzhen, you think your cousin was murdered. It is known that you and the deceased were the only two people at the crime scene. Could it be that you murdered your cousin?" Dazhong glared at Wanzhen.

"Of course not! My daughter has a very close relationship with her cousin Xinru. She would never murder her. Please don't listen to her nonsense." Mother Liang hurriedly explained.

"Auntie, don't worry. The police work based on evidence and won't do anything random." Dazhong looked back at Liang's mother.

"Sergeant Chen, I think the murderer of my cousin is the 'Dalian Hospital'!" Wanzhen got Dazhong's attention.

"It's 'Dalian Hospital' again? What are you talking about?" Dazhong tilted his head.

"It's not nonsense. I just thought about it. Ever since my cousin went to Dalian Hospital for treatment, her temperament has changed drastically. She didn't say a word and even committed suicide by jumping off the building in front of me." Wanzhen described Xinru's conditions before suicide.

"So what?" Dazhong said.

"My cousin had such a big change in such a short time, and it's not their fault?" Wanzhen connected the things again.

"It's just...the two things may not necessarily be related!" Dazhong raised his lips.

"I understand, you said you wanted evidence, right?" Wanzhen's attitude changed sharply after hearing Dazhong's answer.

"Yes, this is exactly what the police want..." Dazhong wanted to continue.

"Huh! That's enough, no need to say any more..." Wanzhen suddenly shot Chen Dazhong with a sharp and fierce look, startling him.

"Wanzhen, I know that your cousin's death has a great impact on you, but I also hope that the matter can be considered from the standpoint of the police force." Dazhong tried to explain to Wanzhen.

……………………………………………………

"...You're here to take a statement from me, right?" After the two of them were silent for a while, Wanzhen's attitude towards Sergeant Chen turned cold.

"Yes...yes...but...if you still need time to recuperate, the confession can be taken later." Dazzhong calmed down Wanzhen's emotions.

"Sergeant Chen Dazhong, there is no need to waste your precious time, please start now." Wanzhen did not appreciate it.

"Oh, okay..." Dazhong nodded helplessly.

Wanzhen just calmly recounted the story of her cousin's fall from the building, and soon finished recording her confession.

"Sergeant Chen, the confession has been recorded. If you think I am the murderer, please arrest me. Otherwise, please leave." Wanzhen's attitude remained the same.

"...Okay, Zhen...take care of yourself and get more rest. Aunt, let's go first." Wanzhen's cold attitude was the first she had ever treated Dazhong in this way since they met, which made Dazhong feel uncomfortable.

"Mr. Chen, let me take you out." Mother Liang wanted to leave with Chen Dazhong.

"Oh, okay..." Dazhong came to his senses after being called by Liang's mother.

"I'm sorry...Mr. Chen, maybe my daughter is so rude because her cousin has passed away and she hasn't recovered yet. Please don't take it seriously." Mother Liang said kind words for Wanzhen.

" Auntie, I understand. I won't blame her. Don't worry." Dazhong signaled.

Mother Liang sent Sergeant Chen away and walked back to Wanzhen's bed.

"A colleague came to visit you, why are you so rude?" Mother Liang wondered why Wanzhen had behaved like this just now.

"You don't understand, he is just a stubborn idiot." Wanzhen breathed out.

"Ah! How could you say that?" Liang's mother didn't understand.

"My cousin's death is full of doubts, but he insists that there is no evidence and does not investigate. Isn't it stupid?" Wanzhen explained to her mother.

"Zhen...are you saying that Xinru fell into a building and had other reasons?" Mother Liang finally understood this time.

"Yes, she didn't just commit suicide. This time I will find out the truth and avenge my cousin!" Wanzhen's eyes were firm.

"Ah, you have not fully recovered yet...don't do about it!" Liang's mother was still worried.

"No, I need to be discharged from the hospital immediately. Go through the discharge procedures for me!" Wanzhen was determined.

Before her mother could complete the discharge procedures, Wanzhen was already eager to change her clothes and prepare for leaving the hospital.

"Huh?... It seems like there is something on the sole of the shoe." When she put on the sneakers she had worn...she felt a little strange.

Turning over the sneakers, Wanzhen saw that a metal object as thick as a nail was embedded in the bottom of the sneakers, and was surrounded by dry bloodshot threads.

Wanzhen vaguely remembered stepping on something before she fainted.

Wanzhen pulled out the metal object that was as thick as a nail from her sneakers, wiped away the blood stains with a paper towel, and looked at it under the light.

Upon closer inspection, Wanzhen thought the thing seemed to be a tiny electronic part.

Wanzhen thought of the horrific scene where her cousin's head exploded and her brains were all over the place... She believed that this thing fell out of her cousin's brain, and was most likely related to her suicide.

"Wanzhen, the discharge procedures have been completed... Huh? Why are you so obsessed?" Liang's mother walked back.

"Mom, I've found the clue!" Wanzhen smiled confidently.

Wanzhen left the hospital, she took the suspected electronic parts she found to experts for examination to find out what kind of instrument it was.

"Well... this is a micro brainwave transceiver chip. It is only 0.5 millimetres in diameter and about one centimetre in length. It is quite exquisite... It seems to be a nano-level cutting-edge technology product." A few days later, Mr. Wang, an electronics expert, after the test of the instrument found by Wanzhen was completed, she was informed of the results.

"Mr. Wang, what is the function of the instrument?" Wanzhen asked.

"This brain wave transceiver device can send out the human brain wave status within a range of about one hundred meters and can receive some external waves and amplify them... The capacity of the micro battery inside can be used continuously for about one year!" Mr. Wang explained.

"How can this chip be implanted into the human body?" Wanzhen wanted to know more details.

"This chip is so small that it can be injected into the human body." Mr. Wang expressed it through actions.

"If this device is put into the human body, will it weaken its function?" Wanzhen asked again.

"Radio waves can penetrate the skin, and I believe it can still operate normally within a range of 100 meters." Mr. Wang continued to explain.

"Hmm...do you know if this instrument can be used for medical purposes?" Wanzhen still had questions.

"I'm not sure about this. I can ask a friend in the medical field to check for you." Mr. Wang shook his head.

Under the introduction of Mr. Wang, Wanzhen went to see Deng Qitai, a senior consultant doctor at Wales Hospital in Shatin and told her questions.

"Well, Agent Liang, according to your description, this brainwave instrument chip is indeed advanced and sophisticated. However, such high-tech products have not yet been presented at international medical conferences." Dr. Deng looked carefully at the Instrument inspection report handed over by Wanzhen.

"Dr. Deng, in your professional opinion, can this instrument have practical medical applications?" Wanzhen asked for advice.

"I just learned about the existence of this device, let alone its use in the medical community in Hong Kong, so I don't know what medical uses it has." Dr. Tang also shook his head.

"Dr. Deng, that means this instrument has no applicable medical uses, right?" Wanzhen wanted to confirm again.

"It can be said that this instrument has never been used in our medical field. Therefore, I cannot answer your question!" Dr. Deng told him based on what he knew.

"Dr. Deng, I am very satisfied with this answer. Thank you for your opinion!" Wanzhen smiled.

Wanzhen got the answer she wanted and happily returned to the police station to find Chen Dazhong.

"Oh, Miss Liang, a few days ago you were still angry with me, why are you in such a good mood today?" Wanzhen suddenly returned to the police station, and her attitude changed greatly, which puzzled Chen Dazhong.

"Sergeant Chen, don't you want to see me?" Wanzhen gave a perfunctory smile to Dazhong.

"Your sick leave hasn't ended yet, so there's no need to rush back to work in such a hurry." Dazhong was still confused.

"Sergeant Chen, I came here specifically to tell you that all the previous assumptions were correct, not due to suspicion or nitpicking... I finally found the so-called evidence you often mentioned," Wanzhen spoke to Chen Dazhong arrogantly.

"Oh, Miss Liang, you are dedicated to the case!" Dazhong began to have an idea.

"Stop talking nonsense, Sergeant Chen, I accidentally discovered a microchip in my cousin's brain. After questioning experts, I found that the chip's function is to collect and transmit human brain waves." Wanzhen confidently took a small instrument chip and an inspection report contained in a transparent plastic bag used to show off in front of Chen Dazhong.

"?”

"If my cousin's head had not exploded and happened to be inserted into my sneakers, the normal autopsy procedure would not have found the chip hidden in the brain." Wanzhen handed the chip and the test report to Chen Dazhong.

"...What do you want to prove?" Dazhong took the chip and inspected it in his hand.

"I think this chip was implanted during my cousin's last check-up at Dalian Hospital. My cousin's death is most likely related to this," Wanzhen said bluntly.

"This is just your hypothesis. A single chip cannot prove anything." Dazhong was still doubtful.

"Isn't that enough proof? I've checked with professional doctors and found out that no one uses the chip in the medical field. Since it has no medical purpose, why would they implant it so secretly? Don't you think so with your detective thinking? Is there anything suspicious or unreasonable?" Wanzhen asked.

"This..." Dazhong hesitated.

「"...Please believe me, this time the feeling will not be wrong." Wanzhen begged.

"Well...if what you said is true, then there are indeed some doubts...I know you won't give up." Dazhong glanced at Wanzhen.

"Of course!" Wanzhen's eyes were firm.

"Well, let's go to the Dalian Hospital once and listen to their explanation of this matter!" Dazhong compromised.

"Ah, Sergeant Chen...are you willing to believe what I say...and launch an investigation?" Wanzhen was pleasantly surprised by Chen Dazhong's decision!

"Zhen, I just want to find out the truth." Dazhong showed.

Sergeant Chen and Liang Wanzhen went to "Dalian Hospital" as police officers and asked for Ma Xinru's medical records and an explanation of her condition.

"Dalian Hospital" seemed to attach great importance to this, and specially dispatched a chief consultant doctor, who was proficient in many languages from Japan, Ryumoto Taro handle the incident.

Wanzhen had visited "Dalian Hospital" many times and had also met Ryumoto before, but this was her first time as a police officer.

"I am Ryumoto Taro. I am responsible for Ma Xinru's illness. What information do you want?" Ryumoto politely welcomed the two of them into his office.

"Mr. Ryumoto, we would like to know about Ma Xinru's medical history." Chen Dazhong explained his purpose.

"Agent Chen, according to the medical records, Ma Xinru suffers from severe mental depression. People suffering from this disease are prone to suicide..." Ryumoto flipped through the documents.

"No, no...my cousin doesn't have any...depression...she won't commit suicide!" Wanzhen had an aggressive personality and didn't wait for Ryumoto Taro to finish speaking, she blurted out to reply.

"...Oh, detective madam, is Ma Xinru your cousin?" Ryumoto was slightly stunned by Wanzhen.

"Yes...yes, Ma Xinru is my cousin, and she was killed by you!" Wanzhen was excited for a moment and revealed her relationship with Xinru, but she continued to question the cause of Xinru's death.

"Ah...I remember we met in the hospital before. You are the lady who came to the conference room to find the restroom last time, right?" Ryumoto also had an impression of Wanzhen.

"So what if...we've met? Don't change the topic...you...don't think that no one knows about the good things you have done. It's better to confess the incident readily!" Wanzhen was recognized by Ryumoto and showed a hint of embarrassment, but It was quickly overshadowed by a revenge mentality.

"Wanzhen, don't get excited!" Chen Dazhong saw that Wanzhen was agitated and quickly reminded her to prevent her from ruining things.

"Hmph! No need to show off any more. I found a micro-brain wave transceiver chip in my cousin's brain. You implanted it into her brain, and no outside doctors used it... If you don't have any evil intentions, that no need to be so mysterious and secretive to implant a chip in my cousin's brain?" Wanzhen ignored Dazhong's reminder and continued to accuse Ryumoto.

"Oh...Agent Liang...please don't get me wrong. The reason why the chip is implanted into the patient's brain is because our hospital's unique examination method...is to more accurately test the human brain wave activity." Ryumoto's expression changed after hearing this, but he quickly recovered.

"My cousin doesn't have any brain disease, why do you need to test her brain waves?" Wanzhen became more and more angry as she spoke.

"...This is just to check whether the patient is suffering from depression due to abnormal brain waves in epilepsy." Ryumoto was not as excited as Wanzhen and explained politely.

"Hey, I have lived with my cousin since childhood, and I know that she does not have epilepsy." Wanzhen scoffed at Ryumoto's answer.

"However...according to the medical records, the patient told me personally that she had suffered from epilepsy before arranging the patient to undergo brain wave testing. All testing procedures were signed and confirmed by the patient. Please take a look." Ryumoto said Ma Xinru signed the document and showed it to Wanzhen.

"Is there such a thing?" Wanzhen looked at the document dubiously and recognized that it was indeed her cousin's autograph.

"Actually... diseases are personal privacy. Even close relatives may not tell them. It's not surprising that you don't know she has this disease." Ryumoto paid attention to the change in Wanzhen's expression as he spoke.

"Oh, this...this..." Because Xinru is dead, the truth has become unproven, and Wanzhen diidn't know how to respond.

"Well...according to the records, our hospital has prescribed antidepressants for patients. Logically speaking, she shouldn't relapse so quickly...Yes, do you know if your cousin takes the drugs regularly?" Ryumoto saw Wanzhen's reaction and already knowing that he hit her blind spot, he took advantage of the situation and pressed forward.

"This...this...I...I don't know..." Wanzhen seemed guilty because she took away the drugs, and did not dare to answer directly.

"...You know, patients suffering from mental depression need to take medication on time. If you ignore this situation, the patient's chance of relapse is very high... Could this be the reason why your cousin committed suicide?" Ryumoto stared at Wanzhen.

"!" Ryumoto replied confidently, which immediately made Wanzhen speechless.

Chapter 3: Flaw C

"...Dr. Ryumoto, thank you for your explanation, which has enabled us to deepen our understanding of mental depression. We would like a copy of the medical record for our records so that the case can be closed!" Chen Dazhong, who had been just watching, saw that Wanzhen couldn't resist it, so he spoke up to help her out.

"Of course, the hospital is willing to cooperate with the police. If you need help with anything in the future, we will assist!" Ryumoto told a clerk to take the medical records to photocopy.

"Mr. Ryumoto, on behalf of the police, I would like to thank you for your assistance." After obtaining a copy of the medical record, Dazhong shook hands with Ryumoto and said goodbye.

Then, Sergeant Chen and Liang Wanzhen took copies of the medical records back to the police station for study.

"Oh! It's all my fault... I was too impulsive at the time..." Wanzhen was very dissatisfied with her performance just now and kept blaming herself.

"As a police officer, you should keep a cool head when handling cases." Dazhong reminded Wanzhen again.

"...I know I should calm down...but, facing my cousin's murderer, Ryumoto, who has a human face and an animal heart, I...can't help it." Wanzhen gritted her teeth as she spoke.

"Well, I understand that... Ryumoto's explanation is quite reasonable. Could it be that your cousin is suffering from mental depression and doesn't know it?" Dazhong asked in return.

"Of course not. I tricked her into pretending to be a patient with depression. She was fine before going to Dalian Hospital for an examination. How could she be mentally ill?" Wanzhen denied.

"But... as Ryumoto said, this disease may be recessive. Maybe your cousin suffered from this disease because of the divorce." Dazhong asked again.

"No, I have a very close relationship with my cousin. When she had marital problems, I often gave her some relief. She was also tolerant and would never be mentally ill..." At this point, Wanzhen suddenly stopped and her expression changed!

"!”

"That's right, you... don't believe me... you don't believe me from the beginning to the end. You think I’m just weaving a story out of wishful thinking. Everything is a fantasy, right?" Wanzhen's eyes became fierce.

"Zhen, didn't you say that as a police officer, you should handle the case calmly? You are too easily excited." Dazhong taught her a lesson again.

"Oh... yes... you are right, I am too easily excited... I'm sorry - my good boss, Sergeant Chen." Wanzhen was taught a lesson by Dazhong, and her emotions came back again.

"You said something unlucky again? Can you calm down?" Dazhong calmed Wanzhen's emotions.

"Sergeant Chen, I'm very calm now... I think... I'm still not suitable to be a police officer. I'm sorry for wasting a lot of your time teaching me..." Wanzhen not only failed to calm down her emotions but turned to extremes.

"...”

"I will give you a resignation letter later...I...goodbye..." Wanzhen felt full of grievances at this moment, and her eyes filled with tears.

"Zhen, wait!" Dazhong shouted to stop.

"Sergeant Chen, what else do you want to teach me?... Wu... Wu..." Wanzhen couldn't hold back anymore, tears burst into her eyes.

"Zhen, you should understand, I just believe in facts and evidence." Dazhong reminded again.

"..." Wanzhen continued to cry, returned to her seat to pack her things, and did not respond to Chen Dazhong's words.

"Zhen, what Ryumoto said is indeed reasonable and quite professional. I really can't find any reason to doubt them." Dazhong continued.

"Sergeant Chen, that's enough. You don't need to say any more. I understand... In short, everything is my fault..." Wanzhen didn't want to listen anymore and continued to pack things.

"Zhen... I haven't finished speaking yet, please listen to me..." Dazhong seemed to still have something to say.

"Huh! Sergeant Chen, what else do you want to say?" Wanzhen turned from crying to angry, throwing objects in her hands harder to vent her overwhelming emotions.

"That Ryumoto Taro's response was indeed very calm and sincere and seemed believable... However, he also revealed a suspicious flaw in the process." Dazhong waited for Wanzhen to vent her anger.

"...Sergeant Chen...you...what did you say...the flaw?" Upon hearing this, Wanzhen stopped her movements, wiped her tears lightly, and looked back at Sergeant Chen.

"Yes, the flaw he exposed was when you questioned his brainwave transceiver chip... I saw a sudden change in the expression on his face..." Dazhong said his observation of the conversation between the two at that time.

"I...didn't pay attention..." Wanzhen scratched her head.

"You only focus on questioning Ryumoto, and naturally you can't do anything else." Dazhong glanced at Wanzhen.

"What...what did you find?" Wanzhen asked.

"...Although it was only a short moment, this reaction is incompatible with his calm response. There must be some problems." Dazhong analyzed the observed situation.

"Oh... do you think... what's the problem?" Wanzhen cupped her chin.

"Well, I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe it's related to the patient's suicide as you said." Dazhong thought about it.

"Yes, yes, I said earlier that the patient's suicide was related to them..." Wanzhen nodded.

"I'm just guessing, nothing is certain yet." Dazhong waved his hand.

"What action should be taken now?" Wanzhen continued to ask.

"Eh? Zhen, aren't you planning to resign? What are you asking for?" Dazhong turned his eyes.

"Oh! No, no...I was too impulsive. I'm so sorry!" Wanzhen kept waving her hands with an embarrassed smile on her face.

"Haha, silly girl, I always say that believe in facts and evidence?" Dazhong teased.

"Yes...yes, you are right, now how to collect their evidence?" Wanzhen lowered her head and acknowledged her mistake.

"...This case is very unique. It is only in the suspicion stage now, and the incident is not simple. It can be big or small. If there is a slight mistake, it will have a major impact. Be cautious." Dazhong serious.

"Yes, where should we start?" Wanzhen couldn't wait.

"...Don't act rashly now. We must take a long-term approach before deciding on the next step." Dazhong asked Wanzhen to calm down.

"Okay, I will immediately ask my superiors to send more manpower to assist in the operation!" The impatient Wanzhen thought that Dazhong agreed to launch an investigation.

"Don't alert your superiors!" Dazhong stopped him.

"Why?" Wanzhen paused.

"There is no substantial evidence yet. If you report it to your superiors casually, they will not accept it." Dazhong understands the police's position.

"Doesn't the computer chip count as evidence?" Wanzhen was clueless.

"The chip can only be regarded as a minor suspicion, and it is not convincing enough to ask the superiors to open a file to investigate the case." To avoid Wanzhen's impulsive misunderstanding, Dazhong hurriedly explained.

"That's true...what should I do?" Wanzhen raised her lips.

"How?... It's very simple, just like the method you used to investigate the case last time, isn't it okay?" Dazhong smiled.

"You... mean that... we will investigate the case privately?" Wanzhen was also surprised.

"That's right!" Dazhong nodded.

"But... you're not saying that the case involved is anything but simple. Without the huge support and assistance of the police force, it's just the two of us who may not be able to handle it!" Wanzhen was a little doubtful.

"Yes, I also understand the difficulty...well...there is one person who may be able to help." Dazhong thought carefully.

"Oh, you have someone who can help investigate this case? That's great. Who is it?" Wanzhen was anxious to know the answer.

"He is a very powerful person, you can say he is my idol!" Dazhong expressed his admiration.

"Ah! I have been following you for so long, and I have never seen you praise someone so much. Could it be that he has three heads and six arms?" Dazhong's reaction made Wanzhen curious.

"Of course, he is not an ordinary person!" Dazhong looked at Wanzhen.

"What's his background?" Wanzhen asked.

"...He is the senior brother who brought me up. His name is Bai Yulong. He is shrewd and capable of handling cases. He has repeatedly solved many major cases of the year and won many honours from the police force. He can be said to be the most outstanding talent in the police force!" Dazhong recalled.

"Then...he must be holding a senior position in the police force now, right?" Wanzhen pointed at Dazhong.

"No, he left the police force many years ago." Dazhong shook his head.

"Ah? With such a strong case-solving ability, he didn't stay in the police force? It's really surprising. Why did he leave?" Wanzhen looked puzzled.

"It's like this. During an arrest operation, my senior brother was accidentally shot by a gangster, which caused his left leg to become paralyzed." Dazhong told the story of Bai Yulong.

"So that's how it is!" Wanzhen sighed.

"Yes! Senior brother was unwilling to be transferred to a civilian job because he was interested in investigating cases. Therefore, he firmly gave up his job in the police force, opened his private detective agency, and continued to use his smart mind to solve cases for others." Dazhong continued.

"He indeed very perseverant!" Wanzhen listened carefully.

"With his abilities, senior brother has made a name for himself in the world of private detectives. It is known that all the cases he takes over can be solved, and he is known as 'The God of Detective' by experts and customers!" Dazhong be proud of senior brother Bai Yulong's achievements.

"...' The God of Detective'! It's such a powerful title. If he takes over the case, there will be hope for revenge for my cousin! I want to meet him soon to see what a powerful person he is!" After listening to Dazhong’s description of Bai Yulong, Wanzhen was also full of expectations.

"Haha, don't worry, I'll be here to introduce you later." Dazhong smiled.

"...Wait a minute...Wait a minute..." Wanzhen suddenly stopped.

"Oh, Miss Liang, what's the problem?" Dazhong glanced at Wanzhen.

"You said he is a famous private detective, so... his charges for investigating cases must be very high. Can we afford it?" Wanzhen looked worried.

"Haha... Junior sister, it's really interesting to talk." Dazhong smiled again.

"What do you mean by this?" Wanzhen didn't understand.

"You know? Investigating cases is of great interest to Senior Brother Bai." Dazhong looked up.

"So what?" Wanzhen raised her lips.

"The reason why my Senior Brother left the police force and opened a private detective agency was mainly because of his interest in investigating cases. The more difficult the cases to be investigated, the more motivated he will be to investigate." Dazhong continued.

"Our case is indeed difficult." Wanzhen nodded.

"As long as the senior brother is interested in our case, there may be no charge. Besides, he was the senior brother who helped me debut, so the relationship can always make up for the money!" Dazhong raised his index finger.

"...That's great." After Wanzhen finished speaking, she suddenly fell silent for a while, walked up to Chen Dazhong, and stared at him with a strange look. Then he laughed sinisterly.

"Zhen, what are you... laughing at?" Chen Dazhong was stared at by Wanzhen in a very unnatural manner.

"...Didn't you say before that I look like the heroine 'Scully' from the TV series 'The X-Files'? It seems that I have found another protagonist partner 'Fox Mulder'." Wanzhen brought up old things.

"Hey, I use my spare time and my friendship to help you investigate this case, and you make fun of me?" Dazhong was a little bit furious.

"No...no...that's not what I meant, Sergeant Chen..." Wanzhen said shyly.

"What else do you want to say?" Dazhong glared at Wanzhen.

"...Actually, I have always questioned your judgment. I...think you are too subjective and arbitrary in your dealings. Unexpectedly..." Wanzhen lowered her head.

"...You didn't expect me to be so smart, right?" Dazhong leaned forward.

"Well..." Wanzhen nodded in acquiescence, then lowered her head in silence, feeling infinitely sorry for her previous misunderstanding of Chen Dazhong.

"Zhen, to be honest, if you weren't too impulsive in doing things, you would not only be a good police officer, but also a sweetheart, a beautiful police madam!" Dazhong patted Wanzhen on the shoulder.

Faced with Chen Dazhong's compliments, Wanzhen immediately blushed, a little shy, and seemed to have a special feeling for Chen Dazhong.

"Ah...why don't you say anything? You just like me...haha...just joking." Dazhong looked at Wanzhen who was lowering her head.

"Chen Dazhong! You...are kidding me...duh...duh...I don't like you, a middle-aged man with no money and no talent!" After saying that, Wanzhen punched Chen Dazhong lightly, and the two of them started playing. The atmosphere suddenly became much more relaxed.


© Copyright 2024 patrickcmk (patrickcmk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319045-Chapter-3-Flaw-C-Aug142024