*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320608-Chapter1-Suicide-D
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Mystery · #2320608
In this bittersweet world, why is the human suicide rate so low at only 0.02%?
On March 19, Ito put on casual clothes and appeared in a housing estate in Wong Tai Sin.

Not long after, Fang Qiaoer, a 16-year-old female student in the estate, experienced a strong change in her mind and began to reflect on her life experience.

Qiaoer couldn't bear the torment of a broken foot and headaches many years ago. She was worried about the impact on her academic performance and the damage to her appearance.

Later, Qiaoer handed over the pocket money to her father and asked her disabled mother to take care of herself. Then she jumped from the 21st floor to her death, shocking her parents.

On March 25, Kawasaki dressed casually and showed up at a cooked food stall in Po Wu Road Market in Tai Po.

The proprietress Mrs Ho in the stall, unknown reasons, suddenly went crazy and rushed to another cooked food stall across the street, accusing the other stall of taking away her customers, and even wrote curse words on the outside wall of the shop.

After a while, Mrs Ho hung herself from a beam outside the shop. Her sudden move shocked everyone!

On March 26, Block 3 of Kwai Shing West Estate, the residence of Detective Leung Wanzhen.

Wanzhen, who grew up in a single-parent family since childhood, was dependent on her mother, and they had a particularly good relationship.

On this day, Wanzhen didn't have to go to work, so she went to a nearby market to buy dishes and went home to prepare dinner with her mother. Just as she entered the elevator, a figure passed her.

Wanzhen didn't alert. The figure was very familiar. It was the Japanese named Ryumoto.

"Mom, today's dishes are very fresh. I can make delicious dishes for dinner." Wanzhen chatted with her mother while cooking dinner.

"Daughter, it's rare that you have a day off and you have to be busy preparing dinner. It's really hard on you." Mother Liang assisted her.

"Mom, you have put so much effort into raising me, so what does this little thing mean?" Wanzhen expressed her gratitude.

"Yes, are you getting used to it after being transferred to the investigation team?" After hearing this, Mother Liang smiled sweetly.

"Oh, I'm still getting used to it. The Officer I'm following now, Sergeant Chen, is a nice and experienced detective who has taught me a lot." Wanzhen told her mother briefly about the matter.

"In this case, you should be modest and learn more!" Mother Liang instructed.

"I know, I will study hard and become an excellent police officer!" Wanzhen kept nodding her head, showing great respect for her mother.

"Well...you are not young now, so don't always think about work and forget about your lifelong happiness." Mother Liang changed the topic.

"Mom, don't worry. The most important thing now is to concentrate on my work...no time to care about other things..." Wanzhen didn't care.

"It is normal for a man to marry a woman." Mother Liang was anxious.

"Mom, didn't you also have a desire for men? What now?" Wanzhen questioned.

"Alas! Your father is indeed not a good man. He abandoned me and you..." Mother Liang said with some emotion.

"So, I think none of the men are good, we shouldn't waste our time on this." Wanzhen shook her head.

"However, not all men are like this. I believe you can find a man who can make you happy." Mother Liang comforted her and still hoped that she would find a good marriage.

"Okay, okay, Mom, don't go on, I have my ideas on this." Wanzhen didn't want to talk about this topic anymore.

At this moment, she suddenly heard a rapid knock on the door. Wanzhen put down the dishes and rushed to open the door.

"...Help...Help...It's not good...It's not good..." It turned out to be a pair of young sisters from a nearby unit. They looked very panicked.

"Kids... calm down, what happened?" Seeing how nervous the two of them were, Wanzhen asked hurriedly.

"Help...Mom...ache...stomachache...vomiting...vomiting...very hard..." The two little sisters were only five and eight years old. They were so nervous that they could not speak coherently. However, as a detective, Wanzhen also understood What was going on. She hurriedly ran to the nearby units to see what was going on.

Wanzhen found that the little sister's mother, Mrs Zhou, had fallen to the ground, struggling and vomiting in pain.

After asking the two sisters carefully, Wanzhen found out that Mrs Zhou might have taken an overdose of medicine.

Wanzhen immediately applied the first aid skills she learned at the police training school to Mrs Zhou.

After some rescue work, the situation stabilized slightly. Wanzhen called for an ambulance.

The ambulance crew sent Mrs Zhou to the hospital for treatment. The two young sisters were temporarily taken care of by Wanzhen's mother.

Fortunately, Wanzhen did first aid properly, and Mrs Zhou was finally able to regain her life after being rescued by the hospital. However, she still had to stay in the hospital for a while.

Wanzhen is a very caring person. When Mrs Zhou was sent to the hospital, she accompanied her throughout the entire process. After making a statement with the police, she went to the ward.

After being rescued, Mrs Zhou was still weak and thank Wanzhen for saving her life and taking care of her two daughters.

"Mrs Zhou... life is precious. Besides, the two children still need your care. Why... commit suicide?" Wanzhen asked the reason with concern.

"Alas! Miss Liang... I don't know how could be like this..." Mrs Zhou was also confused.

"?"

"I remember that I was watching a TV show with my two daughters...Suddenly, I felt very empty, as if… there was nothing worth cherishing in the world...Then, I took the entire bottle of pills in the cabinet... "Mrs Zhou recalled.

"So strange?" Wanzhen was confused after hearing this.

"Then the drugs took effect... The painful feeling woke me up, and I immediately thought of survival... However, the pain was unbearable and I couldn't get up to ask for help. Fortunately, my two daughters came to you alertly, and I was able to save my life." Mrs Zhou shouted.

"Mrs Zhou, the doctor just told me that you were taking psychiatric drugs. Are you... mentally ill?" Wanzhen was a little embarrassed.

"Well, it's like this. I had a lot of quarrels with my husband over money and relationship issues a while ago. He suspected that I had a mental problem..." Mrs Zhou knew that Wanzhen cared about her and didn't mind telling her about the situation.

"Then how will he deal with it?" Wanzhen asked.

"He took me to the psychiatric hospital, Dalian Hospital, for medical treatment. After the doctors at the hospital conducted a large number of tests on me, they diagnosed me with schizophrenia and gave me a large amount of drugs, told me took on time." Mrs Zhou Brief description.

"Is it better after taking drugs?" Wanzhen nodded.

"I don't think there is any mental illness at all. It's just that my husband wanted to find an excuse to abandon me. Therefore, I just kept the drugs in the cabinet and did not take them." Mrs Zhou said angrily.

"Logically, after a professional diagnosis at the hospital, there shouldn't be anything wrong." Wanzhen cupped her chin.

"Hey, what's so surprising? Aren't medical errors happening one after another recently?" Mrs Zhou raised her eyebrows.

"Well, would you mind telling me how your relationship with your husband?" Wanzhen changed the subject.

As soon as this question came up, the atmosphere immediately fell silent for a while...

"...Well, to be honest, our relationship was originally very good. Although we are not a wealthy family, our life as a family of four is quite stable and happy." Mrs Zhou confided the truth to Wanzhen.

"That's okay." Wanzhen agreed.

"However, since my husband was laid off a few months ago, we have started to have financial problems... We have often quarrelled about this. Recently, he has been travelling more frequently. I suspect that he is having an affair in mainland China... so the quarrels have become more intense..." Mrs Zhou was a little excited.

"No wonder I hear loud noises from your side sometimes... I think the matter is not without a solution. You can ask others for help or discuss it with us. The situation should be better." Wanzhen persuaded her kindly.

"You don't know, my husband has a very strong self-esteem. He thinks it is shameful to ask others for help on such a problem. He believes he can solve the problem himself." Mrs Zhou shook her head.

"Oh, Mr Zhou has a lot of character!" Wanzhen admired.

At this moment, Mrs Zhou's husband, Mr. Zhou, picked up his two daughters from Wanzhen's mother and came to the hospital.

"Madam, are you okay?" Mr Zhou asked urgently.

"Huh!" Mrs Zhou was still annoyed with Mr Zhou and didn't take him greetings seriously.

"Why do you want to commit suicide? This will not only scare your two daughters but also alarm the neighbour. How embarrassing!" Mr Zhou asked accusingly.

"I... didn't commit suicide, it was just an accident." Mrs Zhou denied it.

"Accident? How could such an accident happen?" Mr Zhou asked.

"How do I know?" Mrs Zhou didn't want to answer.

"Ah! By the way, did you forget to take your drugs on time, which caused the disease to develop?" Mr Zhou immediately thought about it.

"Hmph! I'm not mentally ill. Don't force me to see a psychiatrist, do any psychiatric examinations, or take those kinds of drugs. You are the one who is mentally ill!" Mrs Zhou became excited after hearing her husband's question.

"Hey, look at you like this, your schizophrenia is much more serious!" Mr Zhou accused.

"Bah! You are just trying to find an excuse to abandon me and find a new love. Don't think I don't know what good things you have done!" Mrs Zhou criticized her husband.

"You...are so unreasonable...the doctor is right. If you don't treat it seriously, I'm afraid the condition will get worse." Mr Zhou was furious.

"You two, this is the hospital. Please don't argue, so as not to scare your daughters. Just calm down!" Seeing the couple getting into a quarrel, Wanzhen separated them first to avoid scaring their two young daughters.
© Copyright 2024 patrickcmk (patrickcmk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320608-Chapter1-Suicide-D