*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323575-Raging-Screams---1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Dark · #2323575
About three siblings and their friends on a camping trip from hell.
It is only six thirty in the morning when I am entering the house from a five mile run. I am an avid runner, I run a mile just under ten

minutes, and I do not feel right unless I have gone for my run. As I enter the living room both my brothers are waiting for me. Ken and Adam

are on their feet and I wonder what is on their mind. I can see Ken waiting for me for something but with Adam all he wants to do is torment

me. Ken is eighteen and Adam is seventeen and I am merely sixteen.

Ken and I are closer, we share a special bond, and we are amazing friends. Adam has driven a wedge between us. Adam and I do not

have any bond and the only thing we have in common is the dislike for one another. Ken has an intense dislike for Adam for he is always

causing havoc with him and me. Mom and Dad usually tell Ken and I to pick our battles when it comes to Adam or that Adam is just a very

unique guy. Mom and Dad are always bailing Adam out of trouble but it is a known fact that they favor Adam over Ken and I. To be honest I do

not understand how they could favor a very violent and tormented being.

I shake my head. It is just way too early for this with Adam. Ken I can deal with but Adam I just will not in anyway. I really am in need of a

hot shower for my clothes are sticking to me for I am sweating profusely. Plus I am also in need of a cup of coffee. So Adam is going to have

to wait before I will even give him the time of day. Adam sits back down on the couch as Ken remains standing. I am very curious on why they

are both waiting for me for neither of them really likes the other.

I stare up at Ken, “What the hell are you two doing up at this hour. Usually you sleep until nine.”

Adam groans, “It was Ken’s idea.”

Ken speaks, “I asked Mom and Dad if Tobias Black and I could go camping for the Fourth of July weekend.”

I wonder, “What did they say?”

Adam states, “Ken is supposed to have the two of us go with him and Tobias. I am not crazy about the idea because you must tag along. This
should be a guy’s only weekend.”

I ask, “When did you talk to our parents about this?”

Ken answers before Adam could torment me any further, “I talked to them both last night. Timber you were sleeping so soundly that I did not want to wake you.”

I question, “Mom and Dad know that Adam and I do not get along so why would they suggest that we go with you?”

Ken states, “Because I guess they would like to have a total weekend together.”

Adam replies, “I can’t stand you either Timber but this is what Mom and Dad want.”

I gaze at Ken, “I don’t want to go Ken. Adam is going to pester me the entire time and it won’t be fun for any of us.”

Ken states, “That is why I told Adam that he can bring a friend.”

I state, “No doubt Adam has talked to Mike Wallis. Mike is decent when Adam is not around. But once Adam is in the mix Mike is just as nasty as Adam is.”

Ken answers, “I think having Mike around Adam will not be any trouble for either of us.”

I say, “Just keep the two of them away from me because I don’t want them giving me a hard time.”

Adam says, “I won’t bother you or Ken. Mike and I will be having adventures and we won’t be thinking twice about you or Ken.”

Ken looks at me and he sees I am undecided at the moment for Adam is a known liar, “Timber I swear that Tobias and I will keep Adam and Mike away from you.”

I sigh because I know that this means a hell of a lot to my oldest brother, “I will go for you and Tobias. But if Adam or Mike start giving me trouble I will just smash them.”

Ken laughs slightly, “Tobias and I will beat the shit out of them if they try anything too horrid.”

I smile as I look at Adam, “You understand Adam that I will not tolerate your behavior and Mom or Dad won’t be there to protect you.”

Ken insists, “You and Mike must be on your best behavior because I will not be putting up with any of your bullshit or Mike’s. Do you understand what I am telling you?”

Adam states, “I hear you loud and clear.”

Ken speaks to me, “Mom and Dad are in the kitchen. They want to know if you are going with us or not. They want to make certain that Adam or I bullied you into it.”

I reply, “I will talk to them as soon as I am out of the shower. I am dying here and I stink.”

Ken smiles slightly, “Thanks Timber. You don’t know how much this means to me. If you or Adam didn’t come than I would not be allowed to go with just Tobias.”

I smile as I ignore Adam’s gaze, “No worries Ken. As long as Adam and Mike mind their behavior than everything will be just fine.”

Adam smirks, “If either of you stress either Mike or I there is going to be hell to pay. I will talk to Mom and Dad and they will find a way to punish the both of you.”

I advance a few steps in Adam’s direction, “Don’t you dare threaten me or Ken. Trust me we will beat the shit out of you and I don’t care what
Mom or Dad do to me. I will be satisfied that I have had the chance to fight back.”

Adam laughs, “You wouldn’t dare.”

I say, “Try me Adam and you will soon figure out that you don’t scare me or something like that.”
© Copyright 2024 Julie D (jjdel1326 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323575-Raging-Screams---1