*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324496-finding-your-ground-to-stand-on
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by olgoat
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #2324496
where do you stand?

In a world where everything seems to be conspiring to destroy stability and even sanity, we are at a crossroads. Some would say, society is just evolving, don’t worry. Others would say it is our enemies around the world planting the seeds of destruction in the very core of our culture. While it `is true – if you can’t cut down the tree – attack its roots and eventually it will die. But the U.S., being a very big tree, it will take a long time to die from corrupted roots.

That time for destruction can be hastened by attacking many roots at the same time. Destroy the family starting with the father, then make women and children dependent on the state, and then or concurrently encourage dissatisfaction in both sexes but mostly in the female gender with their roles in the family.

This dissatisfaction will fester feeding on itself until the family bursts like a rotten pea pod then alternatives to the family cooperative communities or the like can spread, taking away responsibility for raising children from parents and giving it to the government. Once in the hands of the government, the children can be molded to fit the needs of a “new” society.

So, what do we do?

Like eating an elephant, trying to chew it all at once will cause despair and can not be done. Each of us must take one bite at a time and chew it thoroughly before moving to the next bite. Some bites, the toughest ones, need more preparation and tenderizing before consumption. But one general principle is clear, silence and inactivity will bring defeat.

To save one’s values you must live them demonstrating by your daily life that they are valid and lead to a more fulfilling existence. The generations that reject your values now – will perhaps see their value, not in your words but in the quality of your life. They need to choose for themselves but that choice should be made based on maturity and experience. Unwanted/unsought advice will only muddy the waters.

Don't defend yourself unless you are attacked by an implacable enemy. You pick the time and place for the confrontations – don’t be lured into a trap by the manipulation of your emotions.

When you understand that nothing you can say will change another’s animosity leave them behind. Shake the dust off your sandals and look for people who can and want to grow.

Stop letting minority opinions guide your life. If you don’t agree speak up and continue to live your life. Don’t let fear of personal attacks silence you. There are many more of you than of them. People who lead their lives the best way they can allow others to do the same unless they attack their basic values.

Freedom of speech is a guaranteed right in the US but if everyone doesn’t have it – no one does. In a Democracy the majority rules – of course, minorities must be protected from abuse but they should not inflict their beliefs or others.

So, summing up, if you were born a woman and want to “identify” as a man and you are an adult - Go for it. But understand society doesn’t have to accept your perception of reality or approve of it. Some issues are clear. Biological men should not be allowed to compete with women (not only is it unfair – it is wrong), Bathrooms designated as men or women should only be used by the biological sex indicated (use by others is a violation of the rights of the appropriate user), speech cannot be mandated by law (see freedom of speech).

Marriage and family are important building blocks of Western culture. But if you don’t want to marry or have a family – fine then don’t. Birth control is cheap and easy to get and there is a morning-after pill for accidents. A good evolving union is a strength for our culture bringing stability and making better parenting possible. This is a full-time job.
In the US you can make personal choices that have an impact on how your life will go. Many choose a career over family because they feel a family would limit their growth and success on the job. It can be a hard choice but it is their choice. No one made them. Long hours and daunting responsibilities are necessary to success in a competitive business world but can destroy a family. Rarely if ever can a person have both and have both be well done.

This is where the adage – be true to yourself – comes in. Facing what you want not what you think others want of you, is a commitment to yourself and to those around you. Adulthood demands it.

But life is a process, not an event, you make a choice and discover it was not the right one for you. Put fear and embarrassment aside and make the changes you need. This is your responsibility and you can do it. Death is all that can’t be changed. Life is not for the timid.
© Copyright 2024 olgoat (olgoat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324496-finding-your-ground-to-stand-on