*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327149-The-Hidden-Story-of-The-Black-Parade-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Review · Other · #2327149
This post is about the concept behind The Black Parade.
I'd like to start this post with explaining the background of The Black Parade.

To start off, The Black Parade is a concept album written by My Chemical Romance. My Chemical Romance are a very popular rock/punk/emo band, who made 4 albums during their short time as a band. The band members during The Black Parade are Gerard Way(Vocalist), Ray Toro(Lead Guitar), Frank Iero(Rhythm Guitar), Mikey Way(Bass) and Bob Bryar(Drums.) They started their career in 2002, with I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love. After the mass success of this album, they went on to create their next big hit, Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge which was another mass success, though even better than their last album. After the 2004 release, they would once again be in the studio for another 2 years working on the original demos for The Black Parade, which most of them never made it to the final release.

What is a concept album? Concept albums are usually classified as one of two classes. Either they have multiple songs written about one topic or most of them are telling a story through each track from start to finish. The Black Parade is one of the latter.

The Black Parade follows the story of a young man, who is thought to be in about his 20s who is diagnosed with cancer and eventually dies. He begins his journey to death but he meets his guide, The Parader, who we will find out later why he appears as a Parader.

Next post will be about the first two songs, The End. and Dead!
© Copyright 2024 beansworth (beansworth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327149-The-Hidden-Story-of-The-Black-Parade-1