*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327291-Ted-Bundy-Information-Part-1-Early-Life
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Article · Biographical · #2327291
Information on American serial killer Theodore Robert Bundy's early life.
         Theodore Robert Bundy was an American serial killer who was born on November 24, 1946 in Burlington, Vermont, USA. Bundy was an illegitimate birth and his real father is still not known, so he took his mother's last name, Cowell. His mother, Eleanor Louise Cowell, originally wanted to give Ted up for adoption, but her conservative family didn't allow her to. Her family also raised Ted to think his mother was his sister and his grandfather was his father, although that actually might by true as some people theorize Ted's grandfather was his real father. Ted's grandfather was abusive, had a raging temper, and introduced a young Ted to pornography. For the first three years of Ted's life, he lived in Philadelphia although he was born in Vermont. When Ted was 4, his mother met a man named Johnnie Bundy and the three of them moved away to Tacoma, Washington. Ted disproved of Johnnie and even once threw a public tantrum at Sears, wetting his pants as well. Nevertheless, Johnnie adopted Ted and instead of Ted Cowell, Ted was now Ted Bundy.
         Johnnie and Eleanor had three children together: a boy and two girls. The boy, Rich Bundy, was born in 1962 and had a close relationship with Ted. The sister's names are unknown. Ted always felt alienated with his family and said himself that he felt unloved. As a child, Ted had a horrible speech impediment and got bullied a lot. Bundy also spent a lot of time in the woods near his house building traps which included stakes that eventually severely injured a girl. In his teenage years, he was described as a peeping Tom and a serial masturbater. He was also bullied throughout high school, but was recognized as being intelligent. Ted was interested in politics and law for his career and he got into The University of Puget Sound. He attended the university only one year then transferred to University of Washington to study Chinese.
© Copyright 2024 Mateus Almeida (bjorn1856 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327291-Ted-Bundy-Information-Part-1-Early-Life