*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327802-My-About-Me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Personal · #2327802
Just a little about me and my writing!
Hello! My name is Emiline (or Emi for short), I use she/her pronouns, and I live in Michigan with my fiancée! I was born and raised in Iowa, and I consider myself part of the Christian faith. I’m a massive book nerd with a growing collection of manga and light novels, and I especially love the Mahou Shoujo (magical girl) sub-genre—I could talk your ear off about it! My friends call me a “magical girl fanatic,” and I wear that title proudly.

I’ve always been a casual writer—it’s something I’ve loved since I was a kid. In fact, back in 7th grade, I sometimes neglected my homework in favor of writing stories in my trusty composition notebook! Some of my favorite authors are Inori, Asari Endō, Mizuki Mizushiro, James Patterson, and Suzanne Collins for novels and Robert Frost, Robert Louis Stevenson, and Edgar Allan Poe for poetry— all of whom inspire me to keep creating.

I mostly write poetry here, often about personal experiences and feelings. My poetry reflects not only my views on love and the human condition but also my journey of faith as an openly gay woman. Alongside poetry, I also write amateur web novels—usually gritty fantasy with a dash of grimdark. I love exploring characters’ slow transformations and the internal struggles that shape them. My writing tends to be immersive and descriptive, and I’ve been told it’s “grotesquely beautiful” at times. Though, for the sake of my softer poems, I post those elsewhere!

Thank you so much for taking the time to get to know me and read my work!
© Copyright 2024 Emiline (emitater at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327802-My-About-Me