*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329060-Sing-and-Drive
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2329060
Flash Fiction
Sing and Drive

I often sing when I drive. There are a few reasons, the biggest, I found a station that plays oldies from the sixties. Oldies yes, but so am I… so… I know all the words!

Another reason, a little sad… I am a terrible singer! Apparently, my range is quite limited. I remember the tune and the words most of the time, but I can’t actually get the tune to come out tuney… and I just stuff in any old words when I can’t remember the real ones.

Some people think I should practice more. Maybe get a tutor to help me get better. (Some of the notes I hit are really cringy…) but I won’t, because I just like to sing. I don’t mind my off voice, and I don’t sing for other people. I’ve actually been known to mouth the words when required to sing, like with Happy Birthday, and nobody even knows! I don’t sing to entertain anyone, except myself, I just sing because I like the songs.

I was in my late teens in the sixties. Singing those songs bring me back to being young and excited about life. Plus, I know the words, in most cases! Songs these days sometimes don’t even make sense to me… I know they’re speaking English, I just don’t know what that English means.

But, I digress. Back to the voice. I do know I have a terrible singing voice. But it doesn’t bother me because I have a pretty decent talking voice, even at the ring of the phone, and I do think I have a pretty good voice with friends. So, since I really like the sixties music on my radio, it’s fun to sing along, well… just when I know the words, and I’m alone.
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329060-Sing-and-Drive