*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329186-Costume-Shop
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by D.B.
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2329186
Entry for the "13" writing activity
Witch sisters Shelda and Grizelda decided to visit the costume shop one blustery October day. Grizelda had misplaced a vial of potion and she had spent all morning simultaneously looking for it and accusing Shelda of taking it, which she vehemently denied doing.
Even though visiting the costume shop seemed like a ridiculous idea since they were both witches and didn't need a costume, Shelda spontaneously suggested it and Grizelda reluctantly agreed.
Shelda thought it would diffuse the tension between them plus it might be fun to see people's reactions to see two real-wart-nosed witches walking into a costume shop. They would probably think they were already wearing costumes and Shelda thought it would be fun to see what people thought of them.
Despite dressing in semi-street clothes, they still looked very much like witches, with their sharp facial features, straw-like hair and talon-like fingernails (which were so strong they were untrimmable).
Going into the store, they noticed a lot of people were watching them. One person even asked them why they were picking out costumes since they already had perfectly good ones. They just cackled and continued to browse.
Just for fun they checked out the witch costumes and Grizelda saw a Glenda the Good Witch costume. Feeling particularly snarly, Grizelda held it up to Shelda and said, "A person should always choose a costume which is in direct contrast to her own personality.”
Shelda was very offended and said, "Shouldn't you be holding that up to yourself?"
In a huff she walked outside and Grizelda followed.
After they arrived home, they were brooding and silent for awhile until Shelda opened a small cupboard near the stove and found Grizelda's missing potion.
"You owe me an apology," she told Grizelda, holding up the bottle.
Grizelda hung her head and quietly said she was sorry. Shelda accepted her apology and then they did a wicked fist bump and cackled happily.
Following their truce, they enjoyed a steaming cauldron brew that contained Grizelda's special potion. It was especially bubbly and good.
And from then on, they lived peacefully as witchy sisters, warts and all.
© Copyright 2024 D.B. (fishbone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329186-Costume-Shop