*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329313-Tictok
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2329313
Flash Fiction
Tictok

“I said, you don’t scare me, come out. You’re in my closet. If you don’t come out, I’ll have to call my dad. But I think you might be nice. I would rather have you come out by yourself. Maybe I can help you?

Then just when I was ready to give up, a light turned on in the closet. Then it slowly came to the doorway.

It was a little yellow light, round, like a tennis ball. But I could see right through it so I wasn’t sure if the ball of light made the noise or if it was another thing in there making a noise.

I decided to try again, so I said my name is Andrea. Do you have a name?

Tictok came the voice, it sounded scared.

Well, Tictok, I said, how did you get in my closet? Are you lost?

Yes… said the little voice.

Do you know where you’re supposed to be?

Street light. It’s my first time, I think I forgot what to do.

Streetlights are up the big poles. Did you fall down?

No, I was playing with a wire and then I was here and couldn’t find my way out!

You must have touched a wire for our house. Maybe I can help you get outside then maybe you can go back up the pole.’

And he said, That would be wonderful!”

“And that’s why you’re outside in the middle of the night?” asked Dad.

“Yes,”

“Did Tictok get back?”

“Yes! See!” she pointed to the streetlight.

“OK, back to bed!”

Back in their bedroom Dad said to Mom, “We really need to get locks for the doors.”

And Mom said, “Tell me her story this time! She is definitely going to be a famous writer one day!”
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329313-Tictok