*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/892639-Amber
Rated: E · Lyrics · Emotional · #892639
This poem/song, I wrote for my youngest daughter's 21st birthday 29/11/2003.
I am not a performer and neither do I wish to be one. However, I do want my friends on writing.com to hear the tunes to my lyrics. I am trying out something that I have never tried before singing my song for you via a microphone and converting it to MP3. I do hope that in spite of the singing you enjoy my tune and lyrics.

Amber was the first song that I wrote. I created it for my daughter's 21st birthday in November 2003.


** #1242455 Not An Audio Item **

This is proof that a simple, badly sung song can be listened to by people who have the ability, skill and talent to change the style of the music/tune and to sing and play my song as they interpret the lyrics. If anyone reading this wanted to do the same they do need my permission as all my work, poetry and lyrics and especially my songs are copyrighted to me.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Gerry Coates for his tireless efforts to encourage me and support me in my attempts at songwriting.

Thank you Gerry I value your friendship and your endless patience.

Link to Gerry Coates singing this song in C & W style




Amber is a word that builds pictures in my mind,
Amber is a stone on beaches you can find,
Amber is a mystery, made up from remnants from history,
You never know within it what you'll find.
Amber the gem is precious, Amber is pretty, Amber is beautiful,
Amber the gem is precious and I love Amber so.

Amber is my daughter's name, and she is a mystery,
Made up from remnants from history too;
What a muddle is inside,
She tries emotions to hide,
Amber is precious, and Amber is beautiful too,
Amber I love you.

Amber is a word that builds pictures in my mind.
Amber is so many things, on beaches it you'll find,
Find it on a beach after a winter's storm,
And I find it in my heart, Amber keeps me warm.
Amber is a mixture of good and bad,
Amber makes me happy but also makes me sad.

Amber is my daughter and beautiful too
Amber is precious to me, Amber I love you.





© Copyright 2004 Ann Ticipation (annticipation at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/892639-Amber