*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/994773-The-Four-Elements
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #994773
Four friends each granted a different elemental power. PLEASE RATE MY FIRST TRY AT WRITING
The four friends walked along the rocky mountain path, none talking. Slowly, after much walking they reached the top of the great mountain. Once atop the mountain they saw a square drawn into the earth.

Each one of them took their place at a corner and prayed, each for their own element. Tyler, the youngest for the power of earth. Alex, the leader for the power of water. Jenny, the hot-headed one for the power of fire. Last but not least Julie, the eldest for the power of the wind.

After about an hour Alex collapsed onto the ground. Seconds later Jenny followed, then Tyler then, Julie. They all felt power running through their viens. Tyler was shaking the earth gently, Julie started up a light breeze. Jenny laughed histericlly as she shot fireballs into the sky. But Alex couldn't even counjer up a single raindrop.

As the rest of the group experimented with their new found powers, Alex started down the mountain. As he slowly sulked down the mountain he reached a plateau where he sat a thought to himself. "Why wansn't I granted the gift of water?". As he thought to himself suddenly he was surrounded by mountain orcs.

As Jenny was playing with her powers she heard a bloodcurdling scream. They rushed down to the plateau. Where they saw Alex trapped by the mountain orcs. They all sprung into action, Tyler shot boluders at the orcs, Julie shot jets of flame at the orc destroying most of them. Julie created a firece tempest shredding the remaing orc where the stood.

They all ran to see if Alex was ok when a fire golem jumped up from the ground. Each one of them tried but ultimatelly failed. Suddenly Alex felt the power coursing through his viens. He unleased a gargantuan thunderstorm and shot jets of water from his hands. Killing the beast and knocking it off the cliff. He picked up his friends and set up camp for the night and nursed his friends back to health.


Thank You!!! :)








© Copyright 2005 A.P Fritz (savethequeen77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/994773-The-Four-Elements