*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001429-Frustration-of-Purpose
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1001429 added January 4, 2021 at 8:46pm
Restrictions: None
Frustration of Purpose
PROMPT January 4th

Start your entry with this statement: “I am frustrated about ________ because ________.”

I am frustrated about being older because I know my days are numbered. So little time so much more to share. So little time so many more books to read. So little time so much more to share with my husband, my grandchildren, my friends.

Does anyone else have the feeling they are just marking time? Just sitting around waiting for something exciting to happen? Then I think, oh come on! How much more exciting do you want life to get?

2020 was just about the worst year most of us can remember. But then there were the years around the time of the Viet Nam era. Who remembers those times? Riots in the streets. Bring back the troops! End the war!

The people alive during the time of WWII are leaving us, what a time they lived through. All the horror of Hitler, Stalin and then Pearl Harbor. The Blitz of Britain and the rationing here at home.

So what do we really have to complain about now in 2021? I mean, come on folks. Yes we are frustrated about a lot of things. Many don’t have jobs, many don’t have a place to live. Many don’t know where to get their next meal. But we’re not yet in a depression the likes of 1929 to 1939 where unemployment reached over well 20%, and there was no unemployment insurance until about 1935. No social security until 1935 as well. Talk about tough times.

The year has just started. Let’s not get frustrated yet. There are still 361 days left. Plenty of days left to get worked up about. *Smirk2*










© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001429-Frustration-of-Purpose