*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055670-Prologue
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Raven
Rated: GC · Book · Action/Adventure · #2304463
With Beth compromised, Jake & Pamela go to extreme lengths to save their friend
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1055670 added September 13, 2023 at 3:27am
Restrictions: None
Prologue
It had been a month since the city of Metropolis had experienced the chaos of the Children of Darkness, the corrupt Meg Myers, and the Blackridge Scandal. The trauma and scars were slowly being put in the rear view mirror, but there was still a long way to go. The psych wards were nearly filled to capacity with victims of Myers' brainwashing, and countless families remained on edge as they anxiously waited for an update. The streets had become more dangerous than ever after the prison break, and the MPD had issued a curfew for everyone the week after things had started to settle.

Jake Blackridge had been officially pardoned after a jury had found a substantial lack of evidence in the case against him. However, his company remained under the microscope in the eyes of the public. Jake, for his part, had gone public with his investigation into his board of directors. He'd openly pledged to find the root of corruption within his company walls. It was a bold promise, and one that was met with scrutiny from the masses after everything that had happened. The bulk of his time consisted of press conferences, hearings, and his work with the MPD as both Jake Blackridge, benefactor and billionaire, and The Raven. Whatever free time he had, he gave to Alexis in an attempt to forge ahead in whatever was between the two of them.

Truthfully, things seemed to be progressing well between Jake and his former stalker. Alexis had shown a surprising amount of restraint and understanding whenever something came up, or when Jake was called into action. As long as they had their time together at some point, she seemed to be holding onto some semblance of sanity. Something that was shocking given her predisposition to all things insane. However, Jake could see her old self whenever things got particularly heated whenever they were alone. It had only happened a few times, but once was more than enough for it to raise a red flag.

Alexis had deliberately ignored the safeword that they’d agreed upon in favor of getting herself off. Jake had confronted her about it afterwards, but her response had been simply that she was trying to test his limits. It had taken Ashley seizing control for a brief few moments for Alexis to backpedal and admit that she might have made a mistake. Might had been the key word in that instance, and she still hadn’t openly owned her mistake. Thankfully, she’d slowed down and been much more careful after the first incident with Jake. It had helped to erase his trepidation and unease, but of course it had happened again not long after. They’d talked since then, though, and Alexis had been making more of a genuine effort to be conscious of his limits and needs.

Beyond that, Jake spent most of his free time alone looking into either the Blood Ruby from his nightmares and Amelia. Smother Ranch was still fully operational, and that was something that didn’t sit well with Jake. He’d tried to dig into the benefactors and financial backers of the commune, but whoever they were they’d gone to great lengths to remain anonymous. Worse, Jake hadn’t heard anything back from Ingrid since their meeting last month. He was still salty about losing fifteen grand, but he’d given it without expecting to see it again. Still, he had hoped to have at least gotten some answers. Wherever Ingrid was, she’d almost completely disappeared from the city.

That left Jake to his own devices and methods for digging for answers. He’d had more luck with the Blood Ruby than with his research into Amelia. It was mostly mythology, but he’d learned to believe legends after his time with Rebecca and Pam. He submitted his findings to Pam periodically whenever they trained together, and she would always come back with more facts about the legends and fables surrounding the strange channeling stone. It was believed to have been a stone that was ripped from the underworld over two thousand years ago, but Jake wasn’t sure if he believed that or not. Then again, he’d met the devil and been branded by her. It would also have made sense considering that he truly believed it to have come from Rebecca back when he and the others were battling Courtney in her nightmare realm.

The Blood Ruby was rumored to be a powerful artifact with the powers of Hell swirling inside of it, if the stories were to be believed. The stone had passed through the hands of various rulers over the years, but it was believed to be the downfall of many. The supposed rise and fall of many empires, kings, and queens all were rumored to have held the stone at one point or another. While Pam hadn't been able to directly confirm these stories, she had said that stranger things had happened throughout history. Jake wasn't sure how much he believed, but he'd seen firsthand just how far-fetched reality could be when magic was involved.

Today was one of the rare occurrences where Jake didn't have any prior obligations and commitments involving the MPD or his company. He'd already spoken to Alexis about needing the day to handle some other affairs outside of whatever they had. While she'd been disappointed, she understood when he mentioned Sam and having a training session with Pam scheduled. He'd already called and spoken with his sister for a routine check-in. This was something that he'd resolved to do weekly, if not more, and Sam appreciated it.

Since coming home, Sam had been more timid and reserved than Jake had ever seen her. The trauma from Meg Myers torture had scarred his sister in ways that she wasn't ready to speak about. Jake understood, though, and he never pushed her to open up. His time under Rebecca’s thumb and influence had left him with own damage that he was still trying to unpack. Still, he could tell that Sam was slowly recovering and making progress. Jake had never been so thankful that he and his sister shared a submissive side, but he was more grateful that she had someone like Zoey looking out for her. Much like how Pam had taken Beth and picked up her broken pieces, Zoey was doing the same for Sam.

Jake was currently sitting in his study looking over the book that Pam had given him waiting for Pam to arrive. He had a stack of newspapers from over a decade ago piled beside the book, and he'd been swapping between trying to read about the White Witch and study for his upcoming lesson with Pam. He still couldn't believe that his mother was a vigilante, let alone a mage. It was wild and surreal to think about, but it explained a lot of what had happened since Rebecca had come into his life. He'd assumed that whatever was happening was because of some otherworldly contact with the void, as Ashley called it. Pam had mentioned that it probably did have something to do with his developing abilities, but that it was more likely that it unlocked dormant genes within him.

"Master, Jake," Bruce called, breaking his concentration, "Ms. Lavely is here for your training session, sir."

"Bruce, you don't have to introduce me like that every time," Pam smiled as she walked in behind him, "And you certainly don't have to call Jake sir. Sometimes he's more of a ma'am than a sir."

"Cute, I see you're in a mood today," Jake chuckled as he stood up to greet his friend, "I take it you need to get laid?"

"Hmm, remind me, who is it you're sleeping with currently?" Pam asked, crossing her arms.

"Beth's still refusing to take a break then, eh?" Jake asked, recognizing his friend's defensive attitude for what it was.

Over the last couple of weeks, a string of murders had sprung up across Metropolis. Sad as it was, it wasn't uncommon in the city. The concerning factor, and what had both Jake and Pam worried, was the description of the victims. Women between the ages of twenty-three and thirty who all had pink hair, and all of them on the shorter side. One was nothing too unusual, two was concerning, but after three, that was when both Jake and Pam started to worry. Whoever was behind it had a clear fascination, and Beth fit the bill to a letter. However, Beth being who she was, refused to be scared off by a potential threat. She routinely brushed both of them off, and it had led to an argument between her and Pam the week before.

Pam dropped her smirk and sighed as she ran a hand through her hair, "No, she thinks she's invincible, I swear. She's still mad at me for bringing up past events last week too. I'm worried about her, Jake."

"You know how she is, Pam," Jake said, deciding not to try to sound too aloof, "Beth has always been headstrong, Pam, but she's not incapable of defending herself. She nearly toppled Rebecca’s empire singlehandedly, remember?"

"I haven't forgotten," Pam replied, although her frown remained, "It's not that I think she's incapable, but that I know she has a tendency to take on more than she can handle. I love her, Jake, and I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost her."

"I certainly haven't forgotten the lengths she was willing to go to when I turned Beth," Ashley remarked from behind as she looked over the book Jake had opened, "She earned my respect, albeit begrudgingly at the time, for how passionate she was about someone she cared for. Let's not forget that she let Beth feed on her as well."

"Was that part of your plan?" Jake asked, glancing behind him.

"Ashley?" Pam asked, noticing Jake's distracted attitude.

Jake nodded as Ashley answered, "It was a calculated risk. Pam might have empathy, but I've outfitted countless rulers and dismantled empires. I recognized the threat that she posed if she accompanied you, but I also saw an opportunity to remove her and enlist her. Of course, there's always a chance I could be wrong, but I can count on one hand the times that's been the case."

"I feel like you're exaggerating," Jake frowned.

"Hmph, believe what you want, but I was right in the end," Ashley smirked.

Jake shook his head and turned back to Pam, "Yeah, she was just reminding me of what happened when she infected Beth."

"Turned, not infected," Ashley corrected, "Vampirism is a curse, not a disease, my love, get your facts straight."

"I think the proper term is turned," Pam said, earning a triumphant smirk from Ashley.

"You could have kept that to yourself, I'll be hearing about how she was right all night now," Jake sighed, "She's claiming that she knew that you'd let Beth feed on you too. Basically, she was just commenting about how much you love her."

"Your soulmate was a gigantic pain in my ass back then, but she was annoyingly clever," Pam chuckled before her frown returned, "I wasn't around when she found Ashley, but I am now. I don't want her getting herself into trouble if I can help it, or if it can be avoided altogether. I know you're going to give me some talk about how it comes with the territory of being a vigilante and hero, but that doesn't make me worry any less."

Jake frowned and crossed the room to put a hand on Pam's shoulder, "I know, and I wasn't going to say that, for the record. You love her, Pam, and if I've learned anything, it's that love is inherently selfish. All we can do is try to look out for her. I've got a lead on a place that might know something I was going to check out later. Do you want me to call Beth and try to get her to take a night off?"

"Would you?" Pam asked, trying to hide her vulnerability.

Jake gave her a reassuring smile and nodded, "Yeah, I'll call her as soon as we finish up."

"Thank you, Jake, you're a good friend," Pam said, visibly relaxing and straightening her posture, "Are you ready to begin? Have you been practicing what we went over last week?"

"Ready as I can be," Jake nodded, taking a few steps back, "I've been meditating every night before bed, and I've been trying to find that…what did you call it again?"

"Inner-well," Pam clarified, "The fount within your soul that connects you to the weave. Have you had any luck?"

"I feel some warmth, but that could just be gas," Jake shrugged.

"Don't be cute," Pam rolled her eyes.

"I'm not trying to be, I really don't know what I'm looking for here," Jake admitted, "I'm kind of sure that's the right thing, but I have no way of actually knowing."

"Let's see if we can find out then," Pam said, widening her stance a bit to demonstrate the basic form, "Mirror me, as we've been doing, and concentrate on that warmth. Let's see if we can make some headway today."

Jake took a deep breath as he mimicked Pam's stance. He bent his knees, just like her, and held his hands like he was holding a ball. This was what he'd done the last three times they'd trained together. He watched as Pam took a slow and deep breath before a ball of light took shape in between her hands. He'd seen her cast countless spells on the fly, but she explained that this was a focusing exercise to practice control and focus. Apparently, it was something that she still did daily to ensure she wouldn't lose her edge in combat. While it was rudimentary, it was part of the foundation for spellcasting, according to hee.

Admittedly, it was more taxing than Jake had been prepared for. Pam and Rebecca had made it look effortless, but Jake quickly learned that it was easier said than done. The first day they'd trained, his knees buckled and gave out without warning. It had gotten easier to maintain the stance over time, but he'd yet to be able to conjure anything outside of a headache. So, Pam had advised him to practice meditation nightly. He'd have been discouraged if it weren't for Ashley and her stories of mages from her time. According to her and Pam, it was common for things to be this difficult the first time attempting to cast.

Jake tried to regulate his breathing and concentrate on the warmth he felt in his gut. "Close your eyes," Pam instructed him, "Imagine that warmth in your stomach as a swirling vortex. Feel it spinning in a clockwise manner, and visualize it taking shape within you. Then, I want you to pull that outward, and give it physical form. Take as much time as you need, and don’t rush it, Jake. Let it flow naturally.”

Jake nodded and did as he was told. He could see an amber energy swirling deep within him. He visualized himself as a conduit of sorts for some unseen force bubbling and spinning inside of him. His breathing was deep and calm, and he pushed out everything around him. The problems in Metropolis, the issues within his company, his past pain and hurts, everything fell away slowly until all he could see was a swirling amber vortex of light. This would only work if he could separate himself from everything happening in his world, at least that was what Pam had told him. The level of focus to channel and cast was something he hadn’t anticipated when he started this strange new journey. How Pam did this under pressure was a mystery to him, but then so was how he’d done it in the middle of multiple fights now.

Pam watched Jake carefully as he tried to follow her instructions. She released her own stance to ensure that he had her undivided attention. He was far enough along now that he didn't need to watch her the entire time. She could feel energy radiating from his body as he worked to summon something from within himself. Truthfully, she was still in disbelief that Jake, of all people, had managed to develop some semblance of magic. It wasn’t entirely surprising, and it explained Rebecca’s fascination with him. She must have seen something beneath the surface; she had always had a knack for spotting talent others couldn’t. Still, a warlock was the stuff of legend in the realm of magic.

Her eyes widened as she saw a spark flicker between his hands. They’d been training together for nearly a month, and this was the first time that she’d seen anything even remotely close to a spell from him. Granted, this was a basic illumination spell, but it was still something that Jake had been struggling with. It sparked and flickered for a moment as it started to spin. Was he going to pull it off this time? She stepped closer to watch his stance. His knees were shaking along with his arms, but he was maintaining his stance and keeping his breathing even. His brow was knitted as the sparks grew, though, and she knew it wouldn’t last.

Jake felt something hot begin to burn within him. He tried to pull that heat out into his hands, but it never ceased to amaze him just how exhausting this process could be. He kept his eyes closed and tried to ignore the burning sensation spreading throughout his body. His limbs began to shake like leaves on a tree in autumn. He could do this, he just needed to stay focused. He wasn’t going to give up quite so easily, not yet. Jake fought through the pain that was flooding his senses, and he heard a faint crackling noise in between his palms. That was when he hit a wall. His knees buckled like they had weeks ago, and he fell to one knee.

Pam’s hand shot out to steady him as he fell, and Jake opened his eyes to catch his breath. He was panting and he hadn’t even realized it. Beads of sweat rolled down from his forehead as he tried to catch his breath. “Not bad,” Pam said as she helped him back to his feet and led him to a chair, “Sit down, Jake. You look like you might pass out.”

Jake didn’t argue and fell into the chair beside the table. “How the hell do you do this all the time?” he asked as he caught his breath, “This is exhausting, and I haven’t even managed to actually do anything yet.”

“Practice, Jake, it’s no different than learning to fight,” Pam explained, pulling a chair over to sit across from him, “It’s not uncommon for it to be this difficult your first time trying, and it’s why mages are believed to be myths. The ability to tap into the weave requires an intense connection to your soul and the metaphysical world around you; all of which require using that which remains unseen. It’s one of the many reasons that Rebecca took in a number of initiates at a time. Many of them would fail because of the strain it puts on the mind and body.”

“Those are the ones that she turned into slaves,” Jake frowned, remembering the proverbial harem of slaves that Rebecca had as the Goth Goddess, “I remember seeing them in the holding cells, being led around the castle halls, or seeing the ones that Aurora had broken wandering around lifeless.”

“It was common for those that failed to fall into submission,” Pam answered truthfully, her face twisted as she remembered seeing friends that became sisters be taken away against their will, “It made those of us that succeeded fight harder to avoid that fate, but Rebecca believed that those within her walls should always serve her and her purpose.”

“Sometimes I forget that you started out in that position,” Jake admitted, trying to envision a scared Pam cowering and finding it difficult, “It’s hard to believe that you weren’t always this crazy and aloof witch. Even when I first met you, you were so disconnected and devoted to Goth.”

“I had to distance myself from everything in order to survive,” Pam said, closing her eyes as she felt a touch of pain from seeing countless girls taken and broken, “It was either follow my Goddess and trust her will, or join the ranks of the fallen in misery. I chose survival, and I’d choose it again in a heartbeat. If I hadn’t, what would have become of you and Beth?”

Jake chuckled, “Well, Beth would probably be with a guy, for one.”

“Straight girls are the most fun to play with,” Pam smiled, joining him in a light laughter, “It’s always so adorable how hard they fight, and then watching their face as they realize that I can give them something no man ever could. Finally, that sweet pleading voice as they beg me to show them what real pleasure is.”

“You’re not familiar with humility, are you?” Jake asked with a laugh, “You do know Beth and I dated for a while, right?”

“Like I said, I can give them something no man can,” Pam smirked.

“Ouch,” Jake winced.

“Hmm, I think you might need some ice after that, love,” Ashley joked, “Don’t worry, I still love you.”

“Are you ready to try again?” Pam asked, changing the subject back to their training session.

“Yeah, let’s give it a go,” Jake nodded, pushing himself back to his feet, “I’m not going to give up trying, not yet.”

“There’s the strength and determination that I admire,” Pam smiled as she got up and resumed her wide stance, “Once again, close your eyes and picture the energy swirling within you…”

—-----

Beth sat at the table across from Sally. She'd stopped by to check with her aunt after waking up early this morning. She and Pam had been arguing more, and Beth hadn't wanted to risk another fight breaking out and ruining her day. She wasn't angry at Pam, not for being worried, but she was getting sick of hearing how she needed to slow down, pull back, and be careful. Someone was out there taking and murdering innocent women, and whoever they were seemed to be targeting women like herself. She wasn't going to let others suffer because she was too scared to fight. Between Jake and Pam, she was frustrated and annoyed.

"You really need to relax, kid," Sally said, grabbing a glass off the table and taking a swig, "Pammy is worried about you, and there's nothing wrong with that. If you didn't want to deal with that shit you shouldn't have gotten into a relationship."

"Do I need to remind you that I didn't have a choice back then?" Beth asked with a frown, "It was submit or get thrown to the wolves"

"Look at me and tell me you regret it," Sally said with a smirk.

"Fuck off," Beth mumbled, "You know I don't, Sal."

"Kiddo, you're dating a possessive and dominant woman," Sally sighed, "I thought she was going to burn down the fucking city more than once when you got your dumbass in trouble. I'd also like to point out that you launched an all out assault in Citiville when Goth took her. What a fucking pair you two make."

"Where are you going with this?" Beth asked, growing irritated that Sally seemed to share the same mentality as her best friend and girlfriend.

"That maybe Jake and Pam are right," Sally said, grimacing and adding, "Ugh, feels wrong to say that birdbitch might be right about something. I think I just threw up in my mouth a bit."

Beth snorted at Sally's comment about Jake, "He's not that bad, Sal."

"He's a pain in the ass," Sally argued, but she grinned, "But, he's a decent enough kid, I guess. Dumb as a post, but Sammie ain't much better."

"How is Sam doing?" Beth asked, remembering the sorry state she'd been in when they'd finally rescued her.

"Stuck up Zoey's ass, and I'm actually glad for it," Sally answered, "Normally I'm not a fan of cops, but Zoey's proven to be a decent sort. Sammie might be an airhead, but she's a good kid and family to me. She needs someone looking out for her, keeping her from doing something dumb, and making sure she's safe. In that sense, she's kinda like you."

"Fuck you," Beth spat, "Are you saying I'm a dumbass?"

"You're headstrong, reckless, brash, and cocky," Sally answered, counting on her fingers, "You're not stupid, Beth, but neither is Sammie. The two of you just need someone to temper and direct you. You know, steer you away from doing something stupid. Like, let's say, chasing after a serial killer that's targeting girls matching your height, hair color, and age, that sort of thing."

"Why is everybody on my ass about this?" Beth huffed, "I can do what most of those girls can't, and if this sick fuck wants to dance, let them try with me!"

"You do know where we live, right?" Sally asked, "This is Metropolis, home and haven to super powered freaks and psychos. After that stunt at the prison, the streets have been crawling with nutjobs. The way shit has changed over the last year, there's no telling what some of the old heads are up to. Yeah, some of 'em are probably scared of you and the others, but then there's freaks like that Courtney chick, Duchess, The Amazon, Myers, and who knows what else popping up, Beth. You three aren't the only ones who have changed your game."

"I can take care of myself, Sal," Beth sighed.

"Nobody is saying you can't, kid," Sally said, running a hand through her hair, "All we're saying is that we want you to be careful. Pam in particular worries about you, and that bitch scares the shit out of me. She loses you, and she's liable to snap, Beth."

"She's not that bad," Beth defended her girlfriend with a scowl.

"She cares about you, so she's good in my book," Sally countered, "Zoey is the same way with Sammie, but I heard the stories of what Pam did in Ravenfalls. Hell, I watched her nearly destroy Goth in that fucking warehouse, Beth. The girl loves you, but I'm almost scared of what she'd do if she lost you. I'm just saying, cut her some slack."

Beth frowned as she thought about what Sally was saying. As much as it annoyed her, Sally had a point. Pam's fear came from a place of love, not mistrust or malice. Before she could reply, her phone rang. Beth held up a finger as she answered, "Hello?"

"Hey, how's it going?" Jake's voice came over the phone, "You're not out making trouble are you?"

"No, just catching up with Sally," Beth replied, "What's up?"

"I got a lead on a dive spot that might have some intel into the case you've been working," Jake said, "I'm planning on checking it out tonight and-"

"And you're wanting some backup for when you inevitably get your ass handed to you," Beth cut him off with a grin.

"Har-har, you're as funny as ever," Jake said sarcastically, "No, asshole, I was going to head in by myself so I don't draw suspicion. I figured I might be able to shake down a few lowlives for information, or maybe I could find some suspects. If nothing else, it might help us reign in the criminals that escaped."

"Are you sure that's smart?" Beth asked.

"Since when do we think smart?" Jake countered, and she could hear his smirk, "Seriously, though, it would give you a chance for a night off. You've been going nonstop for over a week, Beth. I'm sure Pam wouldn't mind having some time with you."

"Did she put you up to this?" Beth asked, well aware that Pam and Jake had a training session today.

"No, I've been scouting this place for a week now," Jake replied, "I mean, she looked pretty pitiful when-ow! Dammit, Pam, what the hell was that?!"

"She throw something at you?" Beth asked, knowing her girlfriend's temper.

"Yeah, one of my books," Jake grumbled, "She's glaring at me. I think she needs-ow! Fucking quit it, Pam!"

Beth couldn't help but grin at the scene she was imagining on the other end or the line. She could practically see Pam standing with her arms crossed, eyes glaring daggers at Jake as he rubbed his head. Honestly, she was glad that the two of them had gotten so close over the last year. Granted, Jake's tendency to put his foot in his mouth was as present as ever, but Pam usually took it in stride while putting him in his place. It was always fun to watch the two of them when there wasn't some humongous threat to the city and their lives.

"I was going to say that you need some time with Beth!" Jake said.

"Uh-huh, I don't feel like that's the whole truth," Beth smirked, "I feel like you were going to make a sexual comment about her needing to get laid."

"I know that's what he was going to say!" Pam's voice could be heard in the background.

Beth couldn't help herself from chuckling as Jake started to argue with Pam, "No it wasn't! You're the one who came in here looking like someone kicked your cat anyways. I'm just trying to help out a couple of friends."

"Dude, you're barking up the wrong tree," Beth laughed, looking over at Sally who was looking more confused by the minute, "Trust me, you're not going to win an argument with her."

"Want to bet?" Jake asked.

"Quit pissing her off, man," Beth sighed, "You want me to take the night off, and you're riling my girlfriend up. Not in a good way, I'll remind you."

"Wait, is that you actually agreeing to take the night off?" Jake asked.

Beth looked over at Sally who shot her a nod, and she finally relented, "Yeah, I could use a night in. Do me a favor, will you?"

"Knock a few heads tonight?" Jake asked.

"That too, but tell Pam I'm sorry about earlier," Beth replied, rubbing the back of her neck, "Sal said the same thing you guys have been saying, and I'm thinking that maybe you guys have a point. Pam scares the hell out of her, and she doesn't like you, so I'm guessing she hasn't been talking to you two. I'm not gonna say this often, but you guys might have a small point, at least about me needing a night off."

"Holy shit, Beth Thompson just admitted someone else was right!" Jake exclaimed, "Stop the presses, hell just froze over!"

"Fuck off," Beth sighed, "I'll be hearing about this enough from Pam already toight, asshole. Don't be a dick."

"If it makes you feel any better, she's got the most relieved smile on her-ow!" Jake started, "What the hell was that one for?!"

"Heh, I'll let you back to training," Beth laughed, "Tell Pam I'll be home tonight, and that I'm all hers for whatever she wants."

"Yeah, I'll do that if she'll stop throwing shit at me!" Jake shouted, "You're gonna give me a damn concussion, and then Beth is gonna have to go out anyways. Ha, missed that one!"

"Okay, be careful tonight, Jake," Beth said as she hung up.

Beth stuffed her phone back into her pocket and shook her head as she walked back to the table. "Finally listening to someone other than yourself, smart," Sally smirked, "It'll do you some good to take a night off for a change."

"Yeah, Jake says he's got a lead on some bar, or club, that might pan out into a lead on this freak or the other nuts running around the city," Beth said, "He's an ass, but I think it's a good idea for him to go."

"Ha, that's something I can drink to!" Sally exclaimed, pounding her fist on the table and taking a swig before asking, "He say which club it is?"

"Didn't ask, why?" Beth replied with a shrug.

"The Broken Rail in the old subway station might be the one he's talking about," Sally explained, "They run a cage fighting ring, host some parties where guys and gals can explore things otherwise questionable, and it's a place to pick up jobs that are less than legal."

"Why the fuck am I just now hearing about this, Sal?" Beth asked with a frown.

"Place was shut down up until last month, and you never asked!" Sally defended, "Besides, I'm not giving up my safe haven so you can go blowing holes in walls. Where the hell do you think my fat ass disappeared to last month when Myers went apeshit?"

Beth glared at her aunt for a minute before closing her eyes and sighing, "Fine, I guess that's fair. You haven't been picking up any of those 'less than legal jobs' have you?"

"Nah, not worth pissing your ornery ass off, kiddo," Sally grinned, "Your temper has always been shit, but it's worse when you've got a gun."

"Fuck. You," Beth said, shooting her aunt the middle finger, "It's not my fault that this city is full of dumbasses and women that need an ass kicking."

"Calm down, firecracker, it's a joke not a dick, don't take it so hard," Sally chuckled, "Yeesh, I can't believe I'm saying this, but Jake might be right. When's the last time you got laid?"

"Does everyone just think that Pam and I need to have sex to function?" Beth scoffed, looking away.

"First off, yes, yes we do," Sally deadpanned, "Second, that reaction tells me it's been at least a week."

"Oh my God, I am not having this discussion," Beth snapped, her cheeks turning red despite everything she'd been through.

"Look, I'm not asking to hear about the details between you two," Sally laughed, "I don't need to hear about all the ways she ties you up, or what parts of her body you like to worship-"

"Stop," Beth whined, her cheeks practically on fire by this point.

"Okay, okay," Sally said, "Damn, you're easily embarrassed for a girl who wears a collar and called her girlfriend mistress for the first half of your relationship. All I'm saying is that you two get way too agitated over little dumb shit when you're not getting some action regularly. You get trigger happy, and she gets moodier than usual."

"Doesn't change the fact that it's not all about sex with us," Beth pointed out, not arguing against Sally's points, "Sometimes it's nice to just be together."

"There, that right there," Sally pointed out, referring to the almost dreamy expression on Beth's face, "That's exactly why I think you need some time with Pam. You're happier when you've got that time, and you're way less bitchy and easier to deal with."

"The fuck is that supposed to mean?!" Beth demanded.

"Last time you two were fighting, you broke my goddamn door down at two in the morning," Sally replied, "You have any idea how fucking annoying that was where I live?"

"I helped you fix it!" Beth defended, although she looked away, "Okay, fine, maybe I get a little testy when she and I are into it, just a little."

"Bitchy is more like it, but call it what you want, kid," Sally smirked and shrugged, "Go home, Beth. Go get yourself ready for a movie night, or whatever the hell you two do when you're alone. Maybe I'll swing by the Broken Rail to see if Jake gets his ass kicked."

"Don't let him get killed, Sal," Beth said.

"Kid is annoying, but I wouldn't let that happen," Sally sighed, "He means too much to Sammie, and she's like a daughter to me. 'Sides, after rescuing her and keeping us out of shit over the last six months, I owe the little fucker."

"Thanks, Sal," Beth smiled, relaxing and already thinking about what to do with her free time.

"Yeah, don't mention it," Sally waved her off, "And for the love of fuck, don't you dare say a word to Pam about me saying she's moody!"

"Oh, I was gonna," Beth smirked as she waved her arms in a mockingly spooky gesture , "That way she can invade your dreams!"

Sally rolled her eyes and threw her cup at Beth who laughed as she ducked under it. "Shut up," Sally growled, "I'm serious, your girlfriend is freaky in more than one way, kid. Nice enough girl, but fucking spooky as shit."

"I won't say a word, I promise," Beth chuckled as she walked towards the door, "Thanks for talking with me, Sal. I appreciate it, and it's good to catch up."

"Yeah, likewise," Sally admitted, "You know where to find me, and I'll call you if dumbass is at the club and getting his dick kicked in."

"That is a weird way to put it, but thanks," Beth said as she walked out, "See ya, Sal."

Beth walked out the door to get back on her bike and head home. Truth be told, she was a little excited about spending a night with Pam. While everyone seemed to think their BDSM relationship revolved around sex, it was the time alone being close to her mistress that kept her going. She enjoyed their play sessions, but she was content to lay in Pam's arms while they watched a movie or talked. Although, she was sure that Pam would want to do more than just sit around watching a movie after their fight earlier. Something that Beth was fine with and also looking forward to.

Unbeknownst to Beth, a small steel insect fluttered around near her back. It buzzed and hummed as it followed her, but Beth didn't think anything of it. The small insect-like drone fed a video back to its operator miles and miles away. A frustrated, yet excited young woman watched carefully as the video transmitted to her monitor. A faint sobbing could be heard behind her, and her smile fell as she turned around.

"Ugh, why are you whining now?!" Ingrid snapped at the young woman who cowered in terror, "God, you are pathetic. Get over here so I can stuff that little face up my ass. You did such a shit job rubbing my feet, and you're a poor substitute for the real thing. Maybe you can at least be a decent cushion, and then I won't have to hear your stupid crying."

The young pinkette whimpered as she tried to will herself to resist, but her body moved on its own. She didn't want to serve this insane and smelly nerd, but she couldn't fight against her. Her eyes were burning from crying constantly since this crazy girl had found and taken her earlier in the week. Her belly ached from being forced to swallow toe jam and cum, and she desperately wanted to go home. She didn't know what she'd done to deserve this horrendous treatment, but she stopped questioning it after the first night. Between breathing her rank gas, rubbing her rancid feet, and eating her pussy, her will was all but gone. All that she wondered now was why she couldn't resist her.

"Smile, slut," Ingrid commanded, her tone dry and callus, "You're getting to go back to your favorite place. In fact, say thank you."

She wanted to tell her off, or even beg for mercy at this point, but smiled upon command and told the sadist what she wanted, "Thank you…"

Ingrid grinned down at her latest toy as she crawled over and put her face up in her chair, "That's more like it. You're lucky I'm so nice, and that your face is comfy. Maybe you'll find yourself lucky enough to die under there. The way my stomach has been rumbling, these farts might actually do it. The last girl passed out before I finished and dumped her. Let's see if you can do better, shall we?"

Ingrid hadn't made an empty threat, and the young girl believed her. She cried and her tears wet the back of Ingrid's sweatpants, but she didn't care. These toys were just temporary test subjects until she could get the real thing. Soon, soon she'd have her beloved Beth at her beck and call. It would probably be hard for her little Beth at first, but she would try to be patient. She'd waited this long for the chance to play with her, and she could wait a little longer if she had to. She'd be patient, as long as Beth was a good girl. There wasn't a doubt in her mind that Beth would be eventually; even if it took some conditioning to make it happen.

Her stomach rumbled and she grimaced, "I want to hear sniffing, slut. Here comes your first taste of dinner!"

BBBBRRRRRPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTT

A deep rumbling and rolling fart ripped from her ass, and Ingrid smiled to herself as she heard her toy do as she was told. The gagging was pathetic, but she wasn't upset about that. She'd break soon enough, and then she could find another. She wrinkled her nose in disgust as a smell wafted up. Her smile faded as she stood up and dropped her ass onto her toy's face. What was her name again? It didn't really matter. She'd be gone before too long anyways. To her delight, she heard her toy sniff harder between sobs. It was good to be a queen.


© Copyright 2023 Raven (UN: awesomeone1427 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raven has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055670-Prologue