*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055671-Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Raven
Rated: GC · Book · Action/Adventure · #2304463
With Beth compromised, Jake & Pamela go to extreme lengths to save their friend
#1055671 added September 13, 2023 at 3:28am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1
Beth stood in the kitchen of her and Pam's loft trying to figure out which pan to grab. After everything Sally and her had talked about, and after her talk with Jake, she'd decided to try to do something special for Pam. Cooking a surprise dinner for Pam was something she'd been wanting to do, but there was one underlying problem. Beth wasn't sure what she was doing.

Over the last year, Beth had picked up and learned quite a few different mundane skills, tricks, and practices that made her a better sub. She'd gotten over the chore that came with cleaning, and she found it almost therapeutic when she could lose herself in her job. Turning on some music and visualizing how that pleased and proud look whenever she did something right. After spending as much time with her mistress turned girlfriend, Beth had also learned her habits, ticks, and usual routines. As a result, she’d gotten quite adept at anticipating Pam’s wants and needs. Pam’s habit of misplacing her phone, the way her eyes fluttered whenever she got sleepy, or even when and how she took her tea.

While there were a lot of things that Beth had learned and become skilled at, there was still one area that she’d yet to master: cooking. It was something that Pam typically did, much to Beth’s pleasure, for the two of them. Pam had never pushed her to try to learn, but there were days, much like today, where Beth wanted to impress her girlfriend. She doubted she would be as good a chef as Pam, but she wanted to surprise her with something heartfelt and earnest. However, years of living alone and living off of takeout, or Jake’s cooking, had given her quite a disadvantage in this area. Although, she’d never thought that she’d be even remotely interested in cooking for someone. Not to mention the fact that she’d never seen herself being with another woman willingly.

“Okay, let’s see,” Beth whispered to herself as she looked at the various pots and pans in the cabinets, “Which one, which one…why are there so many different ones?”

She’d laid out some chicken and vegetables along with some rice to try to make something simple. Beth knew what went into the dishes, but putting them together without burning them to a crisp was an almost impossible task for her. She could fight her way out of a horde, land a shot from over fifty yards with her pistols, and solve seemingly impossible investigations, but she couldn’t keep from burning meat and drowning rice. It was embarrassing, and that embarrassment was part of what kept her from trying to learn. Whenever she tried, she found herself getting almost overwhelmed.

She swallowed as she selected a pan and a pot for the rice, and right about that time the door to their loft swung open. “Shit,” Beth grumbled, realizing she’d overestimated the time she had available.

Pam walked in and set her bag down on the table. She smiled at Beth, relieved and happy to see her beloved pet home for a change. Beth bit her lip as she felt her nerves and embarrassment start to get the better of her. Beth waved at Pam as she looked up at her. “What have we here?” Pam asked, eyeing the ingredients sitting out and sauntering into the kitchen, “Is my little Kitten trying to do something sweet for her mistress?”

Beth looked away as she realized she’d list her opportunity. Her cheeks heated up as Pam’s heels clicked closer and she cupped Beth’s chin to make her look at her. Beth stared into Pam’s lovely amethyst eyes and felt a sense of comfort. “I thought I would try something different since I was kind of an ass earlier,” Beth admitted sheepishly, “Sally said the same thing that you and Jake have been saying, and she brought up that you’re just worried about me.”

“I’ll have to send her a card,” Pam smiled as she leaned in for a quick kiss with her girlfriend.

Beth closed her eyes and let herself relax in Pam’s embrace. The tension and nerves she’d been carrying melted away as Pam’s tongue slid into her mouth and began dominating it with ease and finesse. She inhaled sharply when Pam’s hand found its way to her lower back, just above her butt, and pulled her closer. It was a sensitive area and one that Pam knew all too well how to manipulate. Beth stood on her tip-toes as Pam pulled her closer, and she deepened the kiss. Sometimes it was easy to forget how good something as simple as this could feel.

Pam broke the kiss and brushed her thumb across Beth’s cheek. Beth looked up at her, and she smiled sweetly as she studied her. Pam had recently chosen to change her hair style a bit, and her platinum blonde hair now had streaks of red in her bangs. “I wanted to try to make you something as a way of saying sorry for fighting and not listening,” Beth admitted as Pam stepped away, “I thought that maybe I could cook us dinner since I’m taking the night off.”

“As sweet as that sentiment is, Kitten, it’s not necessary,” Pam said, walking around to survey what Beth had laid out to cook, “Hmm, chicken and rice, a lovely and light meal for two. You know that I don’t mind cooking, Kitten, and I’m happy to do it as long as I have someone to share it with. Just having you home for a night where you’re not chomping at the bit to get away is enough of a treat for me.”

“You’re not going to mention that I admitted that I was wrong?” Beth asked, walking around to watch Pam work.

“I think that I can overlook that, if you can promise to be a good girl tonight,” Pam smiled, knowing how hard it was for Beth to admit fault in any given situation.

Beth smiled, appreciative of Pam’s deliberate attempt to avoid the topic, “Yes, ma’am, I can do that. Can I help?”

“You may,” Pam replied, nodding at the vegetables, “Grab a knife and let’s see how well those blade skills translate in the kitchen.”

Beth nodded enthusiastically as she hurried to stand beside Pam and grabbed a kitchen knife, "Yes, ma'am, what do you want me to cut first?"

"Grab the carrots, rinse them off, peel them, and then cut them into small bite sized pieces," Pam instructed, grabbing her own knife and cutting the cellophane off of the packet of chicken, "Hmm, we'll need some seasonings for the sauce as well. Grab me some garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper, as well, Kitten."

"Yes, ma'am," Beth said, falling back into a comfortable rhythm as Pam took her rightful place as the lead in their relationship.

Pam smiled to herself as she watched Beth walk to the refrigerator to grab the ingredients from the bottom shelf. Her eyes lingered on Beth's prominent posterior as Beth searched. Her smile turned to a grin as she noticed Beth swaying her hips slightly; her little minx was giving her a show. Part of her wanted to give her ass a firm swat, but she could wait and show restraint. There would be time for that later. For now, Pam would simply enjoy their time together. Beth might have been a lousy cook, but she was an excellent sous chef in Pam's eyes. Her little girlfriend could follow instructions like no other, even if she was unmatched at burning anything she put on the stove.

Beth could feel Pam watching her ass as she took her time grabbing the garlic and ginger. She knew exactly where they were; hell, she'd been the one to put them away. If it were anyone else, she wouldn't have done this. Pam was special, though. She'd had a lot of partners over the years, but not one had been able to do what her current girlfriend could. It was odd to feel appreciated while being ogled, but it was an unusual truth. Little things like this were what she loved about spending time with Pam. The fact that Pam was restraining herself from slapping her ass also showed a degree of respect from her beloved mistress.

Satisfied, and not wanting to earn the ire of her mistress, Beth grabbed the ingredients and walked back to the counter beside Pam. "Can we watch something while we eat, mistress?" Beth asked, purposefully using Pam's title, not because she had to, but because she wanted to.

Pam smiled, recognizing and appreciating Beth's gesture, "Of course, Kitten, I'm guessing you have something in mind."

"Maybe," Beth smiled as she grabbed the carrots and started cleaning to prepare for peeling, "There's a movie I saw a preview for that I think you'd like. Of course, if the movie turns out to be shit, we can always do something else."

Pam smirked as she sensed the slight longing from her pet and the sweet undertones of lust hiding underneath. "I am sure we can find something to do if the movie turns out to be a bust," she said as she went to work, "One thing at a time, though. Help me here, Kitten, and we'll see where the evening takes us."

"Yes, ma'am!" Beth beamed, eager to see how her night might unfold.

—----------

Jake ducked under the beam hanging down as he walked into the old subway entrance in the southern part of Metropolis. He'd rode his motorcycle into the southern slums of Metropolis chasing what he hoped wasn't an empty lead. While he'd told Beth that his hope was to find information on the mysterious abductions and murders, they were low at best. However, he suspected that he'd run into trouble in the form of the escaped convicts and old enemies. Truthfully, he was counting on it.

“So, are we looking for information, or are we looking for a fight?” Ashley asked as Jake made his way deeper into the dimly lit underground.

“A bit of column A, a bit of column B,” Jake answered honestly, “Word is, there’s a fighting ring down here. Whatever happens happens, Ash. I’ll say this, I’m not actively looking for a fight, but you know me, I’m not going to run if one breaks out.”

“This hard head and stubborn will of yours is going to get us killed one day,” Ashley sighed.

Jake wore a heavy coat, a pair of loose fitting dark jeans, and a white long-sleeved shirt. To conceal his identity, he wore an old newsboy cap with the brim pulled down low. He had his escrima sticks tucked away in his coat in case things got too hairy, but he hoped that it wouldn’t come to that. It was better to be prepared, though, he’d learned that the hard way years ago. Already, he could see what he assumed was a bouncer in the distance. A crudely painted sign hung on the busted tiles of the wall that read: The Broken Rail. He was definitely in the right place.

Jake walked up with as much confidence as he could muster, and the bouncer eyed him curiously. A skyscraper of a woman wearing a denim jacket and a black shirt that barely covered her protruding stomach. She wore a pair of sunglasses and half of her head was shaved. She stared at him down as he walked past her, and he was thankful that she didn’t stop him. He breezed past her with ease and into the bustling makeshift bar. An old ticket booth had been converted into a bar. A large chain length fence had been erected alongside the tracks that Jake assumed was for the cage fights held here. Lights hung from the ceiling suspended by chains, and most of them were dirty and dusty, casting a yellowish glow to the bar.

There were dozens of men and women meandering about the bar, and some of them Jake recognized as lowlives he'd personally put away. However, he didn't see any of the bigger names here tonight, but it was still early. Not wanting to draw unwanted attention, Jake headed to the bar to order a drink. He'd have to bide his time, wait, and watch for any signs of criminal information.

Jake noticed the girl behind the bar looked familiar. He studied her as he approached, and she flashed him a seductive smile that was all too familiar, "What can I get you, handsome?"

"Whiskey, neat," he answered, looking her up and down, "Whatever you've got will be fine."

"Big spender, that'll be fifteen up front," she smirked, elaborating when he shot her a surprised look, "Black market prices, sweetheart, we got a shipment off the docks of some less than legal barrels. You're getting an imported Scotch."

"Better not be watered down," Jake sighed as he fished a twenty out of his pocket, "Do I know you?"

"Trying to be cute, or are you a slut?" the girl asked with a grin.

"A bit of column A, a bit of column B," Ashley said, leaning against the bar and looking around as Jake shot her a glare, "Tell me I'm wrong, love. I'm pretty sure this is one of the girls you took home that stretched you out."

"Wait a second," the girl said, pouring Jake's drink and studying him, "Holy shit, you're that pretty boy from two months ago. Down here looking for some action, or have you been stalking me?"

"Amber, I think is her name," Ashley said, "One of us wasn't hammered while you were bending over backwards to get her off."

"Neither," Jake answered, ignoring Ashley's knowing smirk, "I wanted a change of scenery, and I guess the city isn't as big as it used to be."

"Man, you have got some lame lines," Amber chuckled, "You're lucky you've got a talented tongue and a pretty face."

"Like I said, I'm not here to pick anyone up," Jake sighed, "What brings a girl like you to a place like this anyways?"

"Girl's got to make a living, pretty boy," Amber shrugged, wiping down a glass, "Place pays pretty well, and the fights are entertaining to watch. Clientele isn't ideal, but the regulars keep the riff-raff in check pretty well."

Jake nodded as he took a sip of his Scotch. Surprisingly, it was smooth and rich. In a way, he could understand. Technically, she wasn't doing anything illegal. Even if the bar was hosting half the criminals in the city, Amber was just a bartender. He took a seat on the stool and spun around to take in the surroundings. "Anyone interesting that I might have heard of make a regular appearance here?" he asked.

"Not my place to say," Amber replied, "I'd say client confidentiality, but the truth is I just value my life. Got quite a few in here that wouldn't hesitate to slit a throat if their name was uttered. That's all I'll say."

"Fair enough," Jake shrugged, "Glancing at the caged off area, "What about the fights? What's the deal with them?"

"Reigning champ has been out for a couple weeks, but she's supposed to be making her return tonight," Amber answered, "The interim champ is set to take her on for the title. Of course, it's an open challenge if you think you can hang with the big girls."

"This little shit?" Sally's voice scoffed as her heavy footfalls and her hand clapped onto Jake's shoulder, "You've got to be joking. He'd get demolished in about thirty seconds!"

Jake rolled his eyes as Sally took a seat beside him. "Heya, Sal, you want the usual?" Amber asked with a grin.

"As long as moneybags here is buying, yeah," Sally replied with a smirk.

"What am I made of money?" Jake scoffed.

"Yes, actually, the answer is yes," Sally replied.

"Two boilmakers coming up," Amber grinned as she stepped away to make Sally's drinks.

"What are you doing here?" Jake asked once they were alone.

"Could as you the same thing, shit-head," Sally countered, "You're in my haunt, kid."

"I guess that's fair," Jake sighed, taking another drink and looking around, "Never got to tell you thanks, by the way. You know, for talking Beth into taking the night off."

"Keeps her spooky girlfriend from going on a rampage, as it's a win-win for everyone," Sally grinned as Amber set two glasses down, "Don't mention it, kid. You saved Sammie's ass, and Beth is family that needs a night off. Girl has got heart, but she's more stubborn than her mom and me put together."

Jake chuckled at that. She wasn't wrong. Beth was easily one of the most strong willed individuals he'd ever met. He nodded at the caged area and asked, "So, what's the prize for the fights?"

"The loser," Amber answered.

"Huh?" Jake asked.

"Winner gets to do whatever they want with the loser for a night, sometimes longer if they can break their spirit hard enough," Sally explained.

"Fucking A," Jake grimaced, "You guys ever hear of a cash prize?"

"Where's the fun in that?" Amber asked, "This is high stakes and high rewards, pretty boy."

"Pretty boy?" Sally repeated, "Amber, you've got to be blind, or you need glasses. Have you seen this little punk?"

"Face looks pretty good crammed between my legs, Sal," Amber smirked, earning a blush from Jake.

"You are a whore, kid," Sally laughed, slapping Jake's back.

"Fuck off," Jake rolled his eyes, "A guy has needs, what's wrong with that?"

"Girls have them too, pretty boy," Amber grinned, "Luckily, guys like you exist to scratch that itch. I'll check in on you two in a bit. Sal, try not to let fuck-boy here get killed, will ya? I might need him later."

"You have got quite a reputation brewing, love," Ashley sighed, "What exactly is your plan when Alexis learns about your string of one-night stands?"

Jake shrugged, honestly not having thought that far ahead. With Amber gone, Sally leaned in and spoke in a hushed tone, "What's your angle here, Jake? This ain't the place to be picking fights, kid. You're good, but you're outnumbered ten to one here."

"Reconasince, mainly," Jake replied, "I didn't come here to bust up your bar, Sal. I didn't even know this was a place you went to, but seeing it I'm not surprised."

"The hell is that supposed to mean?" Sally asked.

"That this seems like your kind of place," Jake answered, "Nothing bad, just that it's up your alley is all. Now, if someone from the prison break shows up, that might be a different story."

"You're gonna get yourself killed, kid," Sally sighed, "You're making my night harder. I told Beth I'd make sure you didn't get murdered, but your dumbass is intent on jumping into the fire. Speaking of Beth, you got any leads on this psycho that's been taking girls that look like her?"

"Another reason I'm here, Sal," Jake replied, his eyes combing through the bar for anyone that looked suspicious or might match Beth's appearance, "I thought that maybe whoever it is might be coming to places like this to blow off some steam. You getting worried about her?"

"Damn right I am," Sally said, not bothering to try to hide her concern, "She and I might have had our differences, but she's family, Jake. I might not have the same connections as you two, but I've heard about the bodies that have been found and what was done to them. Now, I know that in the past I was on board with shit like that, but times have changed. Besides, are you prepared for the animal that's inside Pam's cage?"

"What do you mean?" Jake asked before someone bumped into him and nearly knocked his drink out of his hand, "Watch it!"

"S-sorry," the clearly inebriated man slurred as he pushed himself up and stumbled forward.

"Shit-head," Sally sighed before replying, "I'm talking about the animal hiding under that prim and proper blonde. She's calm, cool, and collected, but I know what love can do to a person. What do you think she'd do if Beth was taken?"

"First off, I don't know how Pam would feel about being called prim and proper," Jake smirked before returning to a serious tone, "Second, I saw what she did I'm Ravenfalls firsthand, and you saw how she nearly put an end to Rebecca before she escaped. She's not unhinged, but I get what you're saying. I think that's been part of her problem the last couple of weeks. Part of me thinks she's afraid of what she might do if comes to that."

"Everybody has a dark side, kid," Sally said, downing her drink and grabbing the other one, "Pam's changed a lot, but she was still trained by one of this generation's strongest and most ruthless women. Great fucking taste in women, by the way. If you can nap this lunatic before they get to Beth, you'd be doing everyone a favor. I know you got a lot on your plate right now, kid, but the longer this psycho is out there, the more danger Beth is in."

"I know," Jake sighed, spotting someone across the club that looked eerily familiar, "That's part of…who is that?"

Sally frowned and followed Jake's gaze to a young woman wearing black pants and a white top. Her hair was a fiery red and tied back in a long ponytail. She wore a scarf that was wrapped around her face, but even Sally thought she looked somewhat familiar. "You talking about red?" she asked.

"Yeah, I swear I know her from somewhere," Jake said, trying to remember, "Is she a regular here?"

"What am I supposed to keep up with everyone who comes for a drink?" Sally scoffed as Jake pushed himself up to follow after the woman, "Hey, where the hell are you going?"

"I told you I'm here for information," Jake replied over his shoulder, taking another sip of his Scotch and walking through the crowd.

Sally grumbled as she got off her stool and reluctantly followed after Jake, "Beth owes me a goddamn drink for following this moron. Wait up, dipshit!"

Jake ignored Sally as he tried to weave his way through the growing crowd. He was halfway to her when he heard a familiar voice that sent shivers down his spine, "What do we have here? Looks like my little bitch decided to come looking for mommy."

"Fuck me," Jake sighed to himself as he looked and hoped he was wrong about who it was.

To his chagrin, Jake found Razor, his old cell mate, standing with her hands on her hips and a sadistic smirk on her face. A spiked leather vest over a filthy tank top, and a pair of tight leather pants covered her body. Her tattoos were exposed, and she had a couple of new piercings in her ears and nose. Her greasy hair was slicked back, and a sheen of sweat could be seen on her body. Perhaps most notable was the gold belt she wore that Jake assumed was the mark of the current champion. Of course it would have been her. Jake frowned at her and downed the rest of his drink as she pushed her way through the crowd.

"Looks like someone missed me," she said as she got close and roughly shoved Jake back.

"Hey, back off!" Sally shouted, getting close and putting a hand on Razor's shoulder to pull her back, "Kid is just here having a drink, Razor."

"Piss off, you fat cow," Razor barked, puffing her chest and whirling around on Sally, "This little slut is mine, and he weaseled his way out of my care once already. I'll beat anyone's ass who tries to get between me and my bitch."

"Fuck off," Jake snapped, steadying himself and surprising Razor with his attitude, "You got lucky in prison because I was exhausted and stuck with your swampy ass. I'm not in the mood for any of your shit tonight, Razor."

"Someone's got a cocky mouth for a prissy little bitch," Razor scoffed, marching over and trying to shove Jake again.

Jake frowned as he sidestepped and grabbed Razor's wrist to show his strength. "Tough talk from someone who got their ass handed to them by a crazy chick," Jake smirked, "Does everyone here know that you were sucking the toes of an inmate, or is that just me?"

"Kid, you're playing with fire," Sally warned, trying to keep Jake from getting into more trouble.

Razor snarled as she reared her fist back and clocked Jake in the jaw without warning. She was faster than Jake thought, and her knuckles slammed into his lip and sent him stumbling backward a few steps. "Dirty little prison bitch," Razor growled as she stood up straight, "If you're so fucking tough, why don't you step into the cage with the champ?"

"Jake," Sally said, "Don't-"

"You want a fight?" Jake asked, his bad blood getting the better of him, "That's funny because from what I understand, you're just keeping that belt warm for the real champion."

"Do anything stupid," Sally sighed, "Why the fuck do I even try? You're gonna get my ass shot, you dumb-fuck!"

Razor frowned as she looked at Jake, "You're gonna scream my fucking name after I take you home with me."

"Jake, I'm not so sure this is smart," Ashley said, feeling something amiss within them, "Something is wrong."

The crowd was slowly turning their attention to the scene unfolding before them. Jake hadn't come here for a fight, but he'd been expecting one all the same. The last person he'd expected to see was Razor, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise. "So, that's a challenge then?" Jake clarified, bucking up to Razor as all eyes turned to the two of them.

"Are you too much of a chicken-shit to accept?" Razor asked, crossing her arms and grinning, "You're going in that cage, bitch-boy. I don't take no for an answer from sluts like you."

"Jake, think this through," Sally warned.

"Stay out of this you fat bitch!" Razor snapped, "This is between me and my fucking prize."

"Bitch, don't start with me," Sally growled, "You might be a fighter, but do you want to see if you can dodge a bullet?!"

"Relax, Sal, I can handle this," Jake cut in, "I'll make you a deal, Razor. When I win, you tell me everything you know about what's been going on since you managed to slip out of prison like the cockroach you are."

Razor turned back to smirk at Jake, "When you win? Oh, man, you are even dumber than you look, bitch-boy. Okay, fine, if you can pull off a miracle, I'll be yours for the night. If that's what you want to spend your time doing, then who am I to stop you? However, when I take your pretty ass home for the night, you'll be wishing we were still locked up since you're running that mouth of yours. I'm going to bruise the back of your throat, and you're going to fucking sing for me like the little slut you are!"

Razor grabbed the collar of Jake's coat and dragged him towards the cage. "Fucking moron," Sally sighed as she shoved her way toward the chain link fence.

The crowd was starting to get excited as they watched their interim champ haul her latest victim towards the tracks. Jake tried to shrug her off, but she was stronger and more talented than he cared to admit. Razor threw the door open to the cage, and she threw Jake into the pit with a forceful shove. Jake rolled as he landed to avoid any serious harm, and he got to his feet as Razor slammed the door shut and dropped down. She flashed a toothy grin as she cracked her knuckles and rolled her neck. Jake sighed as he slipped his coat off, grabbed his escrima sticks, and tossed his coat to the side.

"Ready for a beatdown, slut?" Razor asked as she circled him, "It'll be a shame to bruise that pretty mouth, but bitches need to learn their place."

"Alright, alright, alright, my fellow lowlives, looks like we're getting an early start to the evening!" a male voice called from the loudspeaker, "We got some new blood here for our reigning champion to warm up with, and the challenger looks like he's ready to rock! Place your bets, folks, because this one looks like it'll be a doozy!"

The last thing Jake expected when he left his house was to become a spectacle for the criminals of the city. He could hear the crowd cheering and jeering at him as the chain rattled and Razor stepped forward. Jake took a wide stance as Razor approached. He twirled his escrima sticks in preparation for her attack, but something felt off. It felt like they weighed more than usual suddenly, and Jake had a sinking feeling in his gut. He shook off whatever was happening, and he focused his attention on his opponent. Razor's grin grew as she charged in to attack.

Jake was barely able to dodge an incoming fist, and immediately he knew something wasn't right. He felt off balance, and he nearly lost his footing as he tried to counter. Fighting through it, Jake swung his weapon in an upward arc aimed at Razor's exposed midsection. He couldn't be sure if he was slower or if she was just too fast, but Razor's arm clamped down on his to stop him from landing a successful counter. Razor reared her head back and slammed her forehead into Jake's nose. She followed up by grabbing his throat with her other hand, and she lifted him up before slamming him into the ground.

"Oh, that one looked like it hurt, folks!" the announcer laughed.

"Ready to call it quits?" Razor smirked down at Jake as she held his throat.

"Get…bent," Jake growled through gritted teeth as he swung his legs to the side and tripped Razor.

Jake got back to his feet and tried to launch a quick counter offensive, but his steps were uneven and his legs were wobbly. He managed to make it to Razor before she could get back to her feet, but she still had a knowing grin plastered on her face. Jake started to punch down at her, but her boot connected with his stomach as he bent down. She pushed back into a rising back handspring, and her toes collided with his jaw as she got back to her feet. Jake stumbled, but he managed to remain standing. Razor was charging at him again before long, and Jake noticed his vision starting to get blurry. What was going on?

Razor tried to tackle him to the ground, but Jake managed to plant his feet and keep from getting taken down. She tried to pick him up for a slam, but Jake had enough sense to bring his fists down on her back. Once, twice, three consecutive attempts before she growled and broke her hold. She jumped back and snarled at him before grinning again, "Feeling a little woozy, bitch-boy?"

Jake frowned as he circled her, but his foot slipped and he had to catch himself again. "What the hell is this?" he demanded.

"Maybe you shouldn't drink if you can't hold your liquor," Razor shrugged, "Then again, maybe your knees are weak from being close to perfection."

"Ash, wanna lend a hand?" Jake asked, struggling to stay on his feet.

"Ugh, I can't…" Ashley's voice came in a distressed whisper, "Jake, I can barely think. This wretched whore used some underhanded trick."

"Fucking cheating asshole," Jake growled as he tried to shake off whatever was pumping through him, "Is this how you win your fights?"

"Nah, not all of 'em," Razor replied with a chuckle, "Just how I make sure I get what I want, and mommy has been missing her gutter-slut. Hope you like the taste of sweat, because I ain't showered in almost a week. You're gonna clean every inch of me with that tongue of yours."

"Kill…her…" Ashley managed to growl, "I will be damned if I have to taste that filthy mongrel!"

"Let's see if you can back up all that big talk now!" Razor cackled as she rushed at Jake.

Jake let out a cry of fury as he forced his body to cooperate. Razor threw a right, but Jake managed to surprise her by deflecting it. He tried to hit her with an uppercut, but she shifted to the left and threw an elbow at his face. Jake took the blow, but he used it to land a punch to her gut that caught her off guard. Seizing the brief opening, Jake threw a knee into her stomach, and launched into a spinning back kick that knocked Razor sideways. She screamed as she recovered and charged to tackle him again. Jake barely had time to sidestep out of the way of her incoming assault, but Razor was quick to try to change tactics. She threw a left hook at his face, but Jake managed to catch her fist just in time. He twisted her wrist, but she jerked her hand free and swiped his legs out from under him.

"Holy shit, folks, this is heating up!" the announcer shouted, "Looks like the new blood is more than meets the eye!"

"Come on, dumbass, pull it together," Sally said quietly as she watched.

"Looks like your friend is having a hard time," an unfamiliar voice remarked, "I thought Jake Blackridge would have been able to handle some filth like this, but then drugs tend to distort one's abilities if you're not used to it."

Sally glanced over to see the redheaded woman from earlier standing with her arms crossed watching intently. "I'm sorry, who the fuck are you?" Sally asked.

"We met briefly during the siege on the Manor," the woman answered, "I believe you know my Mistress more than you know me."

"Fucking great, another goddamn crazy sub," Sally scoffed before frowning, "Wait, what siege?"

"You were part of the assault when Goth was in charge, correct?" the woman asked, not looking up from the fight unfolding in the pit.

"You're one of those fucking nuts?!" Sally shouted, "Just when I thought shit couldn't get worse…"

"I'm not your enemy, not unless you make me one," she said calmly, "I'm only here because my Mistress ordered me to be here. She suspected that Jake Blackridge would be here tonight, and so she'd chosen to make her return so that she might speak with him. Although, I assumed that the man who captured the heart of the Goth Goddess would be smarter than this. However, my Mistress warned me that he was an idiot. An idiot with skill, but an idiot all the same."

"Who exactly is your Mistress, kid?" Sally asked, and her jaw nearly dropped when the redhead pointed to the entrance as a familiar face stepped through the doors.

Jake was running out of steam. He'd managed to fend off the bulk of Razor's attacks, but whatever she'd managed to slip him was making his body feel weak and heavy. Ashley was silent now, and he was entirely alone against this crazed sadist. Razor knocked him off of his feet with a straight kick to his stomach, and he landed with his back against the wall. He looked up in time to see Razor's boot coming for him. Her sole pushed against his shoulder and held him in place. This was certainly not turning out like he'd hoped, and he was absolutely dreading spending another night with this woman. All he could do was glare up at her as she leaned down.

"Ready to come home with mommy, bitch?" Razor asked with a cocky smile that infuriated Jake.

"Not as long as I'm still awake, you sick fuck," Jake snarled.

"You little shit!" Razor growled as she prepared to rain down a series of finishing blows to him, "I'm going to-"

The sound of the cage door being broken cut her off, and it was only then that the two of them realized that the crowd had stopped cheering. Jake looked past Razor to see a familiar woman he hadn't seen in months. He hoped his eyes weren't playing tricks on him as she dropped into the pit. Razor tried to ignore the noise and focus, but her hand was stopped by someone grabbing her wrist and pulling her off of Jake. She rolled on the ground from the force of the throw, and Jake felt like his luck might have finally changed. Standing over him was none other than Kaitlyn the former Conqueror, and Jake had never been so happy to see an old enemy. She wore the same black pants and a loose fitting white shirt like the redhead Jake had seen earlier. Her shoulders were exposed, and Jake was reminded of just how strong Kaitlyn was.

"I think you have something of mine," Kaitlyn said, glaring daggers at Razor.

"Wait your turn, you old bitch!" Razor snapped, and Jake winced as he saw Kait tense at the insult, "I'll deal with you after I break my toy!"

"Oh, you are fucking dumb," Jake wheezed as he tried to stand before slipping and falling back onto his ass.

Kaitlyn looked over her shoulder at Jake to make sure he was okay. He gave her a nod, understanding she was subtly checking on him. She turned back to Razor and cracked her knuckles, "You mean this little worm? Is this how you've managed to hold onto that title, little girl? Picking fights with opponents you drugged, that's beyond pathetic. Why don't we see how you stack up against a real fighter?"

"Looks like Mistress K is here to reclaim what's hers, boys and girls!" the announcer shouted, "I don't think she gives a damn about the rules here, but hey, since when do any of us?!"

"Here's the deal, little girl," Kaitlyn said, her voice low and irritation evident in her tone, "You can have him and that belt if you get through me. However, when I break your sniveling ass in half, I'm taking both of you."

"Wait, what?!" Jake shouted.

"Silence, boy!" Kaitlyn barked, glancing back at Jake and shooting him a warning look, "The big girls are talking. What's it going to be, girl?"

"Hmph, you think I'm afraid of you?" Razor scoffed.

"No, but you will be," Kaitlyn answered, "I'll take that as a yes. Get ready to ring the bell, Paul!"

Kaitlyn walked over and grabbed Jake to move him out of the way. "Kait, what the fuck?" Jake whispered.

"Keep quiet and relax, birdbrain," Kaitlyn said quietly, "You walked into the lion's den, idiot, and if you want out you're going to play along. I've still got a reputation to protect around here, so that means I'm going to have to put on a show. We'll talk afterwards, but you better make this convincing after I beat your attacker's disrespectful ass."

"I am going to destroy you," Razor growled as Kaitlyn dropped Jake to the ground and turned to face her.

"Let's see what you've got, little girl," Kaitlyn smirked as she readied herself for a fight.



© Copyright 2023 Raven (UN: awesomeone1427 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raven has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055671-Chapter-1