*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057087-world-building-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Detective · #2306086
One of a group of teens is accused of murder. Will their friendship survive?
#1057087 added October 9, 2023 at 6:25pm
Restrictions: None
world building 2



Most of our story takes place in Carroll County. It is a small county that is usually left alone, and they like it that way.

Crescent Pointe Falls is the main residential area reserved for the upper class.

Pearl Cove is just across the state line in Illinois. This is where the murders started.

Tunning is a lower-class residential district of Carroll County.

Marina del Wharton is the warehouse district.


That was my first world building attempt and I've changed a few things since then after I did some research.

.

Crystal Pointe Falls is the upper-class neighborhood in Carroll County, Ohio. There is also the lower-class neighborhood of Tunning. Then there is the warehouse district of Maxwell, and the middle-class neighborhood of Mugston.


Across the border to the north is the county of Waterton, Michigan where some of the murders took place. The towns there are Red Nipper Bay and Summerton Lake and Pearl Cove.


The two things that all the kids are into is High School Football and drag racing souped up classic cars..... and murder.
Crescent Pointe Auto Club Gators. Crescent Pointe high School Panthers. Pearl Cove High School Leopards.
Summerton Lake Auto Club Snappers.

People are separated into different classes by income. There are distinct norms, and no one normally crosses those lines.

Time-period: mid 1980s?


....
I actually think that my setting is somewhere between the two.
















Thank you Ledgerdemain for creating this wonderful signature.
© Copyright 2023 Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057087-world-building-2