*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058047-Blog-City-Prompt-10252023
Rated: 13+ · Book · Friendship · #2295863
This stuffed Beanie Baby dog came tagged "tracker" which fits my search for knowledge.
#1058047 added October 26, 2023 at 7:15pm
Restrictions: None
Blog City Prompt 10/25/2023
Wednesday
October 25, 2023
10:00 AM

Blog City image small

Prompt: Let it be and Let it go. How often have you used these concepts to get through problems that arise?

I wish I heeded this advice 50 years ago. I hang on to problems and think about them playing every scenario I can think of to solve them. I take it a step further and think of all the consequences there will be. What will go wrong? For example, I am always nervous about going in for a physical. I have to get on the scale and my weight is never where it should be. I obsess over what to wear and what the doctor will ask.

Yesterday, I went to see a new primary care physician. I was nervous because I wanted to make a good impression. I had the perfect pants and shirt picked out. I found I could fill out my paperwork online. I worked on that for a good bit of time. I reached the end and the system would not let me sign the forms I needed to sign. The information, then, was not completed. Yup, just like I thought, something was going wrong already. When I got to the office I told them of my dilemma. I did sign the forms and got through the check-in process in no time.

Into the exam room, I went. An assistant weighed me, took my vitals, and asked for some of the information I had already keyed in. Asking for my meds, etc. I had thought of every little thing that could go wrong. Other than the paperwork it went smoothly. I liked the doc. She was kind and took the time to explain what she would do to follow up and answered all of my questions. I had no reason to have stressed so much over the appointment.

When I got home I reviewed in my mind everything that happened. Now there was a follow-up up and I started sweating about what the blood tests would show. Did I have something really bad? Maybe my cancer from 23 years ago was back. I could not keep thinking like that. It got me nowhere but stressed out.

Then this Blog City prompt came for today. Do you have things that come just at the time you need them? Someone will say or do something that you need to do. I had to be reminded to start letting life's problems be and let it go. I know logically that my anxious fears are unfounded. I know I should trust that all will be fine. I always have someone with me for support. I do the same worrying about things I have no control over.

I will make these resolutions for myself. A good choice would be to type up the serenity prayer and tape it up where I can see it every day. Now that I know the routine at this doctor's office, I will not stress over the next visit. The test results will be what they will be. If there is an issue, the doctor will have a solution. It is her job to take care of that. I need to let her do her thing, and trust what will be will be, and let it go.

I feel a lot better about future problems. Bring them on! I am ready.



© Copyright 2023 tracker (UN: tracker1948 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tracker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058047-Blog-City-Prompt-10252023