*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073636-RIDE-into-the-sunset
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1073636 added July 7, 2024 at 10:32am
Restrictions: None
RIDE into the sunset

The town had a spectacular fireworks show last night - it went on for at least half an hour. I watched from the sidewalk outside. No way I was walking over to the park in the dark, or driving with the crowd.

RIDE attracts thousands for the two concerts every year. We volunteer, usually one night, to sell entry wristbands. $50 for an adult. But it's good for two nights of concerts. I guess that's an okay price, I have never attended any kind of concert, ever.

So we are placed in a little trailer, given the cash box and a credit card reader. Hmm. Have to figure this thing out. Seems it's pretty easy. So I get the first sale done, no problem. Then the volunteer eventually comes in, "Oh, let me show you how to use this device." Duh. "Well, thanks, but I figured it out." So he stays and watches me do a few. Satisfied, he eventually leaves. Then I show the other two volunteers how to do it.

So, word to all you that supervise volunteers - show the people what to do and how to do things before the **** hits the fan and you have 20 or 30 people standing in front of you demanding whatever you're selling. I mean, I'm usually a quick learner, but some are not.

Fireworks are legal in town from June 24 to July 5, 9 am til 11 pm. I think I posted this before. And so of course some are still shooting off them last night after dark. Really? Come on people. Aggravating.

So the 'big dance' is over for the town. I pray everyone made a bit of money, had some fun. There were large groups at the museum each day, so that is good. There are always class high school reunions, so those are great for people to reconnect. Just good small town fun.

We've been enjoying some coolish weather, but that is about to change. Ugh. I like the thunderstorms that roll through, the rain is nice. One night the wind just was wicked, but love that cool air for sleeping. Since we don't have a/c, I'm not looking forward to a heatwave.

I posted in the Book Brothel group about a book I just read. "James" by Percival Everett. If you have a chance to get a copy, by all means do, It's the author's telling of the story of Huckleberry Finn and Jim, the slave. It is a powerful book, makes you think.







© Copyright 2024 QueenNormaJean it's darn hot! (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJean it's darn hot! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073636-RIDE-into-the-sunset