*Magnify*
    August     ►
SMTWTFS
    
1
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073874-Rising-temps
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1073874 added July 12, 2024 at 5:16pm
Restrictions: None
Rising temps

Well the heat is continuing its march across the country. Now here in Montana, at least in my little neck of the woods, it's in the 100's. But humidity is low. 10-20%. So tolerable. I hate a/c. We don't have it in our home. We use fans, keep the house closed up during the day, open it at night when the temps go down in the 70's.

But now I am battling an eye problem. Of course, I get one thing taken care of, another issue crops up. Dry eye, what a bug-a-boo. So, not to bore you with details. But, our eyes are self-regulating. A biofilm forms and is usually taken care of, unless you have dry eyes. Natural tears form, you don't have gritty feeling, scratchy eyes. Somehow I don't have enough tears or the tears evaporate or something else is going on. And now there is an infection because of all this foolishness. Great. It causes blurred vision, I can't read or use the computer well, or drive. I use eye drops all the time. And now an ointment medicine. I also have an itchy eye, I just want to take out my eyeball and scratch it. And you know that won't happen.

Okay - well onto more exciting news. The dump. Ha - we now need to inform taxpayers that we are adding $140 a year to the taxes of each taxpayer in the county. Hmm. This is for the waste cost for the county. I think I mentioned before the waste service company raised the rates to the county 61% this year. Yep. Out of the blue. Well, it turns out not really, but the anticipated raise was between 3-4%. Seems the commissioners had foreseen more than that. So they squirreled away a little extra $$ just in case. The notice will come out in a week or so. So now the people coming out to the dump will be even more joyous than before. Ha.

Life is fun and games. And price of everything just keeps rising - even for garbage.

© Copyright 2024 QueenNormaJean snow soon-ha! (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJean snow soon-ha! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073874-Rising-temps