*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074430-Blogging-Circle-of-Friends-prompt-72624
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2322585
Journaling all sorts of stuff
#1074430 added July 26, 2024 at 11:44pm
Restrictions: None
Blogging Circle of Friends prompt 7/26/24
Friday
July 26, 2024
6:20 pm



Prompt: Use these words in your entry today: wildfire, lightning, fear, wildlife, emergency, inspiration, and overwhelming. This prompt is inspired by the fires in Jaspar National Park. Have you faced a situation like they are now in your community?

My granddaughter's wildfire threatened her home on Friday June 14, 2024. The fire was named the Rose Fire. It is believe it was man made starting on the 12th, two days before when it burned out of control. She lives with her husband and their two German shepherds. She went grocery shopping that Friday, not thinking the fire would change direction and move swiftly into her neighborhood. Each house is built on an acre of desert land.

She drove back home from the store, but was stopped at her freeway exit by emergency vehicles. She and her fellow neighbors in line were not allowed to pass. She ended up sitting there for nearly three hours. She was able to connect to her husband on their cell phones. He was helping a nearby friend whose fear for his horses spurred her husband on to help load their horses into horse trailers to drive them to safety. It was overwhelming to think of other wildlife out there who had to fend for themselves. The kids were prepared with an evacuation kit which protected their important papers, had a supply of their meds (she is asthmatic), and their dogs are well trained and easily boarded the diesel truck, which is always kept near full of gas.

Rural living comes with fire dangers. There is a lot of sagebrush and other highly flammable vegetation. They have it cut way back from their home, but this fire was not contained until June 17th. They were able to move temporarily in with her mother in law. They were not advised of the status of their home until the fire was contained. Seven homes burned to the ground plus eight other buildings.

Granddaughter's home escaped any damage. The fire was not started by lightning, as most are, but was man made. It was an inspiration for me to see their courage, bravery, but most of all their fire preparedness.

I have not experienced a fire in or near my home.

© Copyright 2024 tracker (UN: tracker1948 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tracker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074430-Blogging-Circle-of-Friends-prompt-72624