*Magnify*
◄     September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
12
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076606-The-Kindest-of-Strangers
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by gabbie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2326607
Blogging thoughts
#1076606 added September 11, 2024 at 8:43am
Restrictions: None
The Kindest of Strangers
The Kindest of Strangers

Hi Everyone, I wanted to acknowledge the kind thoughts that I have received from my Medicare Advantage insurance: free meals for 10 days delivered in a cold box. I received notification from my Insurance that one of their branches is sending me 10 days of frozen meals to help me in my recovery. There are three deliveries that I will have received come this next week. The frozen meals are meager but to a weak person suffering from hospital ministrations the quantity isn't to be minded.

I remember when I turned sixty five that it devastated me and robbed me of my natural exuberance. I lost sixty pounds as a result. Not all of it lost because of this devastating effect, but partly due to lack of appetite and the presence of my two dogs who I couldn't bear were watching me eat while they only had dry kibble. I shared my food with them taking care not to give them food that isn't good for dogs to eat.

My doctor told me that I am now 88 lbs light. So when I felt more confident in the kitchen, I began to cook side dishes while my Dad, bless him, cooked his signature dishes.

We aren't rich by any means. But I think we are rich in our family with a loving Dad and loving companion animals.


© Copyright 2024 gabbie (UN: madelyn08 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gabbie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076606-The-Kindest-of-Strangers