*Magnify*
◄     September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
12
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076905-New-York-in-the-late-80s
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by gabbie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2326607
Blogging thoughts
#1076905 added September 17, 2024 at 11:07am
Restrictions: None
New York in the late '80's
My years in New York were fun. I turned into a foodie with my friends at work. They were Italian and introduced me to more extraordinary food. They and the rest of the team would go with me to the Met to watch the famous opera stars in their interpretation of different characters. The famous opera stars whose names I can't remember now (It's been over two decades and I don't remember many things) were outstanding. We went to Central Park to watch their Shakespeare in The Park but alas, we didn't get to watch because first of all, the crowd was large and tickets ran out, and second of all, the rains poured down and drowned the place. I was wearing a new pair of running shoes and they were ruined. Luckily, as we went to seek transportation, the husband of my coworker turned up in a taxi and took me home in Queens. The rains were heavy but I thought it was great fun. I was happy to think that the Shakespeare in the Park was spoiled that day. Call me names, but I wish I could watch.


© Copyright 2024 gabbie (UN: madelyn08 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gabbie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076905-New-York-in-the-late-80s