*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/110641-Recap-of-the-Weekend-03-03-01--03-04-01
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #165682
This is my [somewhat] daily journal!
#110641 added May 31, 2001 at 2:21pm
Restrictions: None
Recap of the Weekend [03-03-01 & 03-04-01]
Well, since I didn't write anything about the weekend, I figured I would do two logs today. One will recap, and one will be of what happend today. So, without further adu, lets get to it.

03-03-01
This wasn't a very good day for me. I wasn't in the best of moods..even though I managed to get Quake 3 to FINALLY work properly on my machine. My sister had an orientation. (she's gonna start working with me and my mother sometime later this week).

I had to close. For those who don't know, closing (on weekends) means we generally get to go home around 1 or 2 am. Not that good.. I had to close wash too. My hands still have scratches, cuts, burns, bruises..and what-not from the day.

While working, Matt and the group showed up. I was informed that Grave of the Fire Flies made Nicole cry. Oh boo hoo. I found it to a pretty funny movie, myself. I don't see whats so depressing about that... Anyway.


03-04-01
YES!! Today was the day I got to see the Harlem Globetrotters IN PERSON. The show started at 3, and we were going to leave around 2 (to get good seats). I awoke around 11-something, and found that my sister and mother had gone to the commisary for food. My dad, who stayed for some odd reason, was watching basketball. It was Kentucky vs Florida. Florida won... big time.

After the game, I was just playing around on my computer. Quake 3 is still one of the best first-person shooters that I know. The bots are pretty challenging, too. Which is a good thing, since i'm so good at those kinds of games.

2:00 rolled around, and we left. I was surprised to find TONS of ppl already IN the arena, just waiting. We took our seats, and the show started pretty soon. It was REALLY COOL! Funny as can be, and just very entertaining. It's one thing to see them on TV, its another to see them in person.

When I came home, all sorts of ppl were on ICQ, and AIM. I chatted for a little bit, and then played against Tolan in Quake 3. I beat him. ^.^ I then watched some of the regular Sunday TV shows... (Futurama, King of the Hill, Simpsons, Malcom in the Middle).. and chatted some more. After Malcom, Tolan wanted to play against me, and I talked Tobias into playing with me too.

We all piled into a server, which lagged like hfil. At first, it was my server...which made me immune to the lag.. but then it was Tolan's..which means, Tobias and I had the lag.. and then it was Tobias'... ugh. The lag was so bad..that you couldn't move.

After awhile, Tolan got sick of the lag, and left. It cleared up just enough for me to move around and defend myself. I was able to adapt to that amount, and started to beat Tobias everytime he came at me. (amazing.. I had over 600 ping rate, and I could still take him down.. and he's suppose to be BETTER than me!). I dunno what that says about my skill..but hehehe..

After playing Quake 3 until 10:30, I decided I needed to get my math done. I rushed out, did as much as I could..got help, and went to bed. Zzzz

© Copyright 2001 James (Himura) (UN: rurouni at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
James (Himura) has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/110641-Recap-of-the-Weekend-03-03-01--03-04-01