*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/211461-Bail
by Dris
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #451445
A chronicle of my life starting from June 21, 2002.
#211461 added December 5, 2002 at 5:35pm
Restrictions: None
Bail!
December 5, 2002


         I was gonna add an entry yesterday, but I lost the time.
         Yesterday was great. It snowed a good 7 inches! And I thought global warming had the remainder of childhood snow days nearly elminated. School was cancelled, and that's always a plus.
         So at about 11:00am or something like that, I invited a friend of mine over to hang out. We went to a local hill by the highway near a theater in town (regular hills are hard to come by in Kansas) and we sledded. Not just sledding, though...Hardcore sledding.
         My friend, my bro, and I all went down hill attempting to bail. For the uninformed, "bailing" is a term from skateboarding which means to crash, gracefully and intentionally, or hard and mistakenly. We were a bit odd in that we were attempting to bail as hard as we could on purpose.
         Eventually we just resorted to waiting for each other halfway down and knocking each other off, fighting side-by-side on the way down, or forming a whiplash chain into ramps. Good times.
         Then I saw this girl with a snowboard. Not one of those crappy ones for sled hills. A real live one. I called her "Hot Snowboard Chick". We exchanged glances a few times, met and started sledding together.
         She asked my age (16 still). I asked hers. My jaw dropped. The girl was 13 years old! What's weirder, she goes to the middle school I went to! Well, that kinda foiled things for me. I know that three years difference isn't really a big deal, but it's blown up when you're still a teenager.
         Regardless, I got her number and she got mine. I don't really know what to make of it. Ah well.
         Other than that, still working hard on the website. Nothing much else to say. Recommended listening: Fine Again by Seether. Goodbye.

~ Dris ~

© Copyright 2002 Dris (UN: dris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dris has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/211461-Bail