*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/254504-RIP-Buffy
by Circe
Rated: 18+ · Book · Friendship · #589633
This would be my journal...
#254504 added August 26, 2003 at 4:47pm
Restrictions: None
R.I.P Buffy
Alright, Buffy is over and I thank Elbereth for it! I couldn't have taken that crap for much longer without permanent damage. To me, Buffy was over with 'The Gift'. I refuse to accept that there were seasons after that, because those episodes they were shoving down my throat were nothing but fucking painful wastes of my time and life. Someone said 'I forgive Mutant Enemy for making Buffy a crappy show, but I will never forgive them for making it a boring show.' I agree one hundred percent. If I sound bitter, it's because I am. Very, very bitter.

Aaaaaaanyway, the point of this entry was to be shrine to how good Buffy USED to be. My own little message of remembrance. So here goes:


Favourite character: Faith and Tara.

Favourite episode: Enemies, Hush, Once More With Feeling, The Gift- okay, I'll stop.

Favourite season: three

Favourite villain the Mayor

Why did you ever love this show in the first place, Circe? Because it was wonderful. It gave me something no other show on television ever gave me. A strong chick. A girl who didn't wait around for anyone to save her. Buffy took care of herself. She could kick the ass of any guy who came her way without even breaking a nail.

But Buffy wasn't the only strong chick there was. Not every girl on Buffy was The Slayer, but all of them were admirable.

Willow started off as a shy net nerd, but even then was so much cooler than most girls on TV. And you know why? Cause she was smart. Like seriously smart. She could hold a conversation about almost anything with Giles. Then she became more confident in herself, and started to study witchcraft. In the third season she stands up to Slayer-gone-bad Faith. She became a major league power in Sunnydale and was able to help Buffy in her fight. More than that, she made the choice to help.

Willow: The other night, you know, being captured and all, facing off with Faith. Things just, kind of, got clear. I mean, you've been fighting evil here for three years, and I've helped some, and now we're supposed to decide what we want to do with our lives. And I just realised that that's what I want to do. Fight evil, help people. I mean, I think it's worth doing. And I don't think you do it because you have to. It's a good fight, Buffy, and I want in.

Cordelia was always the bitch, but she wasn't completely useless. In Homecoming she managed to scare off a bad ass vampire while Buffy was unconscious. Cordelia rarely liked to be with the Scooby Gang, but she was always willing to help. (Even if it was just tactless fashion advice.)

Faith. Her was a girl who not only had enough confidence to knock out a marine, but also the phycisal strength to then kick that marine's arse till he cried like a baby. I loved Faith because she wasn't only a Slayer, but she enjoyed being a Slayer. She never complained, she never wished for another lot in life. At least, not until things went horribly wrong and she ended up killing someone- a fact that she couldn't accept. And so she turned to the side of evil and began to make everyone's life hell. She and Buffy ended up duking it out in one of my favourite scenes of any show ever. It's so rare you get to see two powerful women, fighting to the death with such style and passion.

Faith: Well, when I'm fighting, it's like the whole world goes away, and I only know one thing: that I'm gonna win, and they're gonna lose. I like that feelin'.

Anya I loved for her complete un-understanding of humans. She thinks they're stupid. A pretty valid view really. Being an ex demon she was full of knowledge that helped the gang out at important times, and she was a lot braver than she knew. Much of her humour and her drama came from her confusion about humans.

Anya: "I don't understand! I don't understand how this all happens. How we go through this. I mean, I knew her, and then she's... there's just a body, and I don't understand why she just can't get back in it and not be dead anymore. It's stupid. It's mortal and stupid. And Xander's crying and not talking. And I was having fruit punch, and I thought, well, Joyce will never have any more fruit punch, ever. And she'll never have eggs or yawn or brush her hair. Not ever. And no one will explain to me why."

Tara I fell in love with so much. She was just such a beautiful person. To start with I didn't have such deep feelings for her, but sometime during season 5 she became my favourite character. She is also the only reason I still have some season 6 scenes on tape, because she made them great. Tara was a witch, but more important that that, she seemed to be the grown up, the responsible, understanding one. When Giles left, Tara seemed to be the one to try and fill his gap. And in the chaos of season 6, Tara was the one whom Buffy confided in. (leading to a beautiful scene with Buffy crying in Tara's lap.)

And I also respected, no loved, the fact that Buffy had this amazing lesbian relationship happening. I loved that it was never made a big deal of, and that it was never forced upon us. There was no 'Look! These girl's are lesbians!' It was as naturally treated as any other relationship on Buffy, and I appreciated that so much. After having lesbian relationships shoved in my face for publicity in other shows, it was so nice to sit down and watch a scene with Tara and Willow. It presented the message to people watching that love was love. It didn't matter if it was a man and a woman, or two women, or two men.

Doctor: Is she your sister?

Willow: She's my everything.


Willow: Tara?

Tara: Willow? I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I'll always find you.


I love Buffy fabulous one-liners. The writing was so brilliantly funny! My friends and I can quote endlessly. I used to spend our class time seeing how many quotes we could write down before we couldn't think of anymore. I still have all the pages too. They're crumpled and faded from constant reading, but I have them.


Willow: "So, we're talking about a guy?"

Buffy: "Not exactly a guy. For us to have a conversation about a guy, there'd have to be a guy for us to have a conversation about. Was that a sentence?"


Xander: "You took a bath."

Buffy: "Yeah, I often do. I'm actually known for it."


"The other night I dreamt that Xander... Uh, it wasn't Xander. In fact it wasn't me. In fact, it was a friend's dream, and she can't remember it." -- Willow


Willow: It's kind of like trying to hit a puppy by throwing a live bee at it…which is a strange image and you should just forget I said anything.


Xander: "We're your bosom friends, the friends of your bosom."


Girl: Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior?

Buffy: Uh, you know, I meant to and then I just got really busy.


Vampire: Does this sweater make me look fat?

Sunday: No, the fact that you're fat makes you look fat. That sweater just makes you look purple.


I loved the way Buffy never looked down on the audience and over explained things. It assumed you were smart enough to get it.

I loved the deep thing that would be mentioned a season in advance. And then you'd smile and think 'Hey, I remember that…'

I loved that it was a show made for fans, not for the general public. To understand Buffy you had to watch Buffy. You couldn't just switch on halfway though the season and expect to understand it all. They made reference to past episodes and characters without 10 minute explanations of what they meant.

But mostly I loved how the characters cared about each other. The Scoobies loved one another so much and that was beautiful. If one of them was hurting, all of them was hurting.


Buffy: Right now she wishes I hadn't. Giles, I've never seen her like this. It's like it hurts too much to form words.

Giles: You've felt that way yourself, and you got through it.

Buffy: Yeah. I ran away and went to hell and then got through it. I'm kind of hoping she doesn't use me as a model.



Willow: Oz... Don't you love me?

Oz: My whole life, I've never loved anything else.


Xander: Let me tell you something, when it's dark and I'm all alone and I'm scared or freaked out or whatever, I always think, "What would Buffy do?" You're my hero.


Buffy: [Faith] could be terrified. Maybe she doesn't even remember. Or maybe she does and she's sorry and she's alone hiding somewhere.


Willow: Tara, it's not like I don't want my friends to know you. It's just... well, Buffy's like my best friend, and she's really special. And there's this whole bunch of us, and we sort of have this group thing that revolves around the slaying, and I really want you to meet them. But I kind of like having something that's just, you know, mine…
Tara: I am you know.

Willow: What?

Tara: Yours.


So, this is sort of my thank you for the years that Buffy was wonderful.


** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Canon has no power here.- aarna

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#684941 by Not Available.


Mrs. Weasley looked curious. "Wouldn't you describe Draco as a friend of Harry's?"

"No," said Ron. "I would describe him as a twat in pretentious trousers."
- Draco Sinister by Cassie Claire

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

My Fantasy Novel-
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2003 Circe (UN: circe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Circe has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/254504-RIP-Buffy