*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/333627-Things-Happen-For-a-Reason
Rated: GC · Book · Adult · #825102
Transparent to the naive eye, bare, naked to the world...evil lurks.
#333627 added March 8, 2005 at 9:34pm
Restrictions: None
Things Happen For a Reason
I'm just sitting here at my computer, surfing and searching for that something that will spark an interest, revive me and make me feel alive and loved. I guess I'm back to that old way; looking for love in all the wrong places.

I just read my last post. That was sorta entertaining. Since then, the boyfriend, 'Taboo,' that I mentioned has been uprooted. That situation is just strange. It was strange to began with anyway. Go figure how it should end, silly woman.

He wanted me to 'pawn' my ride in exchange for something that could make 'us' greater profits. Ghetto Economics 101. Hmmm. I must admit that Taboo was pretty smooth because I almost went for that dumb shit, as old as I am too. Made me think about my beloved grandmother as she refered to stupid people or the stupid things they'd do, "Seems like the older you get, the dumber you get."

It's just amazing how those old timer phrases popup in your mind right on time for such occassions of stupidity.

Fortunately, Taboo had made a financial mistake the week prior that warranted a letter from my bank explaining that I had insufficient funds. He'd told me that he would give me money but later, after I'd written the electronic check, that he wasn't giving me shit. He didn't call or come over to explain either. He just showed back up with apologies and expectations. He ran some pretty smooth lines too.

He told me that he was wrong and that it was just that he'd never had a woman worth giving or helping. When he gave it to me finally, I was not completely satisfied, but sufficed by his elucidation. That must have been my vain ego getting in the way of my good senses.

Immediately, he began plotting the mission to sell my truck to get money and use the money to flip it. Hmmm. I'm not too street wise so the formula he presented sounded reasonable and I was in desperate need of extra moola. Well, as I searched for the title, the mail lady delivered the evidence that I shouldn't trust him. The twenty-five dollar charge for NOT having the correct amount of money when I wrote a check. The money he'd promised me but instead, disappeared. I must thank God for His signal.

Now, here I sit, lonely. I would have eventually been lonely with him too. I would have become the wiser of his games but would have been stuck acting nice since he would have had the profits of my truck in his possession, not mine. Things happen for a reason, or so they say.

© Copyright 2005 Sugaree-Serial_Writer (UN: sugaree at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sugaree-Serial_Writer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/333627-Things-Happen-For-a-Reason