*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/340254-Todays-another-second-Sunday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#340254 added April 10, 2005 at 12:42am
Restrictions: None
Today's another second Sunday
I'm actually really pleased with the 20 minute mornings. It's frustrating that the kids tend to wake up during it but switching it for a night time alternative just wouldn't work. My nights are too unpredictable and by the end of the day if I manage to get the kids to bed at a reasonable hour I'm often to tired to want to turn my mind to anything like writing.

This morning I managed to complete another scene for my novel. I have a few scenes now and I feel great about it because each scene feels like a great deal of progress. The story is making headway and I'm coming to realise that Emma wants to be like me. I suppose in a way it's therapudic for me to write a character so strongly based on myself. Especially because I know she's doing things I would have trouble doing, she is conquering her fear, and she falls in love, and she grows from the experiences she has in this novel. I hope I'll grow in he same way. While she might be so very much like me right now, by the end of the book she'll be a very changed woman.

Joshua had a wonderful birthday yesterday. My living room is strewn with new toys. He and Kaylie have been having fun playing with everything and making a lovely big mess. Thankfully, it's just toys. Toys are easy to clean up.

Today I'm over at my mother's house. Every two weeks I come here to cook a lunch for our extended family. As many family members as can possible make it come. As our family stands these days that isn't many. Usually my two sisters, my mother, my grandmother and sometimes my ex-stepfather will be here. With me and my kids that makes eight on a good week. Today it's only six of us which is alright.

Lunch is in the oven now and the cookies I baked are cooling ready to be snacked on after lunch. Josh is napping and everyone else is entertained in he lounge room by a DVD I brought with me, 'Shark Tale'. I haven't seen it yet but they started it while I was cooking so I figured I'd come here while I'm waiting for he oven to finish cooking lunch. I'll watch the movie at home either tonight or tomorrow.

Not much else to add today. Just a family day so not much writing to get done. I've done quite a few reviews over these last few days and met a few new friends along the way. Now, back to finishing lunch.

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/340254-Todays-another-second-Sunday