*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/341807-Feeling-better-morning-20-and-5-star-poetry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#341807 added April 17, 2005 at 8:04pm
Restrictions: None
Feeling better, morning 20, and 5 star poetry
Well I'm feeling a little better today. It helps that the writing flowed better this morning. I was writing that camel riding scene I mentioned and it seemed to work well. Next up tomorrow is Australian animals and feeding Kangaroo's. *Smile* Things are working really well with the novel and while I know it's going to need a lot of work to get to a second, third and perhaps fourth and fifth draft I know there is a great story in the core, it just needs some crafting to bring it to the surface.

I was looking over my poetry folder today. I don't have any five stars. It's great that in this community people are careful with their ratings, it means the results tend to be much more honest than in some communities I've been a part of. But I couldn't help wondering what I could be doing to perfect my poetry. What elements are missing that prevents my 4.5 star poetry from getting the honor of 5 stars?

While poetry isn't my main focus in the writing world it is primary to my happiness. It keeps me fluid, it compresses my form, enhances my diction, focuses my mind and releases my spirit. I'd like to improve my poetry ten fold and know that my poetry is something special but I need help learning what it is I could do to improve how I write.

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/341807-Feeling-better-morning-20-and-5-star-poetry