*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/426932-The-Seventh-Letter
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1108013
Curiosity killed the cat, but how will a wizard handle it?
#426932 added May 19, 2006 at 11:47am
Restrictions: None
The Seventh Letter
Day 31
I have seen such wonderful and despicable events that I am exhausted in life. Yet I continue looking through the orb, wanting to know if I can still learn something new, go somewhere amazing, or witness something spectacular. It never ceases to amaze me where and when I can travel, why things happen and have happened, which stories of old are true and which are not and from whom I can talk. Yes, I can communicate through the orb to those of different areas, places and times. They see “me” as a white luminescent spheroid, levitating around like a specter. Or so they say. I can’t really tell what I look like. But I communicate and, frankly, like it better in a certain place and time than I like it here, in Durdan. I will always love my home, but I feel much more…connection, I presume, to where and when I now spend the majority of my time. I do not even read the manuscripts in the library anymore, but spend my time of amusement wholly within these other dimensions. The orb sent me a picture of one of the manuscripts in the library here, called Tragic Falls. It showed me a page number, 39, and gave a sound that resembled a deep laugh for a few moments. I found the manuscript, but it bored me before I got to the “recommended” page. I simply returned to the orb; why read about “tragic falls” when you can witness them yourself? That’s what I thought, that reading was now obsolete to me. Writing is now becoming boring as well. I would rather just witness the Battle of Firtha Gon or the wedding of King Daeris. Those are much more exciting than this.
© Copyright 2006 J.A. Strickland (UN: welshwolfj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
J.A. Strickland has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/426932-The-Seventh-Letter