*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/434403-My-Dad
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#434403 added June 18, 2006 at 3:42pm
Restrictions: None
My Dad
14 Nur 163 B.E. – June 17 – 18, 2006 A.D.

They say that God works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform, I’m not sure whether to call what’s happening today God’s wonders, divine humor or what, but it certainly is out of the ordinary. Maybe it has to do with Father’s Day or my unresolved issues or my muse being desperate for ideas. Whatever it is it’s bringing back memories, old mind photos, I haven’t thought about in decades. My parents were divorced when I was in grade school, so I don’t have a lot of memories about my father.

The memories I do have of my father are like photos in an old album. Still snapshots of moments spent with him, while other family members stood in the background waving. I remember sitting on the front porch of our house in Blackwell, Oklahoma, talking and laughing with my father. I remember riding on a Merry-Go-Round at the Kay County Fair with my father standing beside me. I remember riding in the car with my father. I remember a trip to Burbank to see my grandmother (my father’s mother), while there I attended a one room school house. I remember my father taking me out of a church service, because the preacher was preaching fire and brimstone and it frightened me.

I have no memories of my father after the divorce. After my parent’s divorce, my memories are of my grandfather (my mother’s father). However, it’s my father and the memories of him that have come to mind lately, especially today. Today, Father’s Day 2006, everything brings him to my mind. The stories in the RJ, several had Father’s Day themes, today Dear Abby’s yearly Father’s Day column appeared, today the comics had Father’s Day gift themes; I don’t remember ever giving my father a card or a gift of any kind for Father’s Day. I remember giving my grandfather cards and gifts, but not my father.

I’ve written before that I learned about my father’s death through the internet. Searching for his name, I encountered his obituary in a newspaper. My father is dead, I will never see him again in this world, I wanted to see him one more time before he died, but never got the chance. I have no doubt, that in the next world I will see him, his soul survived the death of his physical body, my soul will survive the death of my physical body. Our souls will meet in the next world and we well talk, I will be able to tell him again that I love him.


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/434403-My-Dad