*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515831-Chapter-ten
by Inga
Rated: GC · Book · Romance/Love · #1249443
The first story from the land of Albion
#515831 added June 18, 2007 at 3:49am
Restrictions: None
Chapter ten
         Chapter ten


         A week later, Kay cursed his own stupidity in allowing Robbie to share his and Marissa’s tent. The close quarters offered no privacy, and though he and Robbie tried to give Marissa space, they still waged a silent war for her attention. And Robbie was winning, damn it!
         Being so close to her, watching her, feeling her next to him in bed, yet not being able to do anything about the throbbing lust burning in his veins was torture. He was slowly going mad. Every time he kissed her, or tried to touch her, Robbie moaned, and Marissa immediately jumped to his side, to ease and comfort him. Well he was in pain too, and he wouldn’t mind Marissa kissing it better… He hissed between his teeth as he hardened at the thought, shifting in his saddle to relieve the discomfort.
         “Are you all right my Lord?”
         The cheerful question, suspiciously laden with innocence, came from Rodrick, of course. The man hadn’t stopped grinning mischievously all week, ever since Kay realized exactly what having Robbie share their tent meant. If this continued any longer, he would be the laughingstock of the entire army by the time they reached Albion, and King Richard’s court.
         They’d covered a lot of ground in the past week, and were once again on schedule despite the delays at the beginning of the journey. The landscape had changed, from the bare, bleak planes of the coast, to the forest region they now traveled through. It was a welcome relief from the monotonous views of the past few days, and the ancient trees gave good shelter from bad weather, which came in handy since the rain had not let up until that very morning. The forest also meant greater danger of ambush, and they took no chances with security, since Robbie’s attacker had not yet been caught.
         Kay knew the area intimately, and his confidence in his own ability to keep Marissa safe led him to make a sudden decision. He turned his horse with a gentle tug on the reins, and cantered down to the open wagon where Marissa tended to Robbie. He called to Rodrick over his shoulder:
         “I am taking off for a while, watch Robbie!”
         Rodrick’s mocking laughter followed him as he passed column after column of curious glances from the soldiers, until he reaches the healer’s wagon. Without acknowledging Robbie or the healer, he leaned down and grabbed Marissa around the waist. She squealed in surprised as he pulled her out of the wagon and placed her in front of him in the saddle. She threw her arms around his waist, and clung to him as they rode off into the forest.
         “Where are we going?”
         “You’ll see.”


         The forest got denser the further from the trail then went, and Kay soon slowed the horse down to a trot. It was a beautiful day, sunlight streaked through the dome of leaves overhead, and he steered the horse intently toward the faint sound of moving water. There was a small river up ahead, leading to the lake that was his destination. The soft curves of Marissa’s body clinging to his, moving against him with each step of the horse’s hooves, was driving him insane, and he feared he would be too far gone to be gentle when they finally reached the clearing near the water’s edge.
         The touch of her body was familiar, but he forced himself to remember that they had only been together twice before, and he’d just as soon forget about their first encounter. As impatient and frustrated as he was, he determined to make this a memorable experience.
         They arrived at the clearing not a moment to soon, and Kay jumped down, before lifting Marissa out of the saddle. He forced himself to calm down, and let her take in the beauty surrounding them.
         The dark water of the lake sparkled like a blanket of diamonds in the sunlight. A tiny island rose up in the middle, and Marissa gasped in delight at the sight. Kay tried to see what she saw, but to him it just looked like a rocky knoll with a few trees clinging to it. He enjoyed the sight only so far as to appreciate the pleasure it gave Marissa. All around the lake, trees stretched long branches out over the water, shielding it from unwary eyes.
         “The forest is beautiful just after a rainfall, isn’t it? The sun peeking out from behind the clouds, as it begins to warm up the moist earth. The colours are brighter, the air crisper, the sounds clearer. You can smell the grass, and beneath it the rich, dark earth.” She turned to him, her eyes gleaming with pure joy and happiness. “Do you ever have moments you just wish could last forever? Moments when you want to freeze time, and keep it somewhere safe, where you can take it out and look at any time you want to?”
         “Yes. I feel that way when I’m inside you.” Kay said, his voice low and husky. He stepped closer to her, until their bodies almost touched, and looked into her eyes, trying to convey his need and desire for her.
         The sweet smile she sent him was too much of a temptation, and he leaned down to capture her mouth with his own. His tongue tasted her soft, warm lips, a growl rising from deep in his throat at the sweetness of them. He put one arm around her waist, pulling her close, and the other hand cupped her face, angling it to the side to give him better access. His tongue slipped between her teeth, deep into her mouth, and she moaned at the exquisite feeling. He savoured the taste of her with long, deep strokes of his tongue, loving the way she moulded her body to his in complete abandonment and surrender.
         He wanted to take his time, but the burning need had eaten away at him for a week, demanding satisfaction, and he found he could wait no longer.
         A large flat rock stood at the edge of the clearing, a large birch tree looming above it, casting scattered shadows of dancing leaves around it. Kay quickly picked Marissa up, and made his way over. With shivering hands, he loosened the brooch holding her dress up, and watching it fall to the ground. He caught his breath at the sight of her; she was so beautiful to him. A cool breeze caressed her skin, puckering her nipples to tight points, aching for him to soothe them.
         “I don’t think I can be gentle.” He hardly recognised his own voice, thick with lust. It was the only warning he would, could, give her.
         “I don’t need you to be.” The trust in her eyes was his undoing.
         With a firm hand, he nudged her until she laid back on the rock. Her fair skin made a sharp contrast against the dark, rough surface of the stone, and the sunlight reflected in her blonde hair until it almost blinded him with its brightness. She looked up at him with a wicket smile filled with anticipation, offering herself completely and unashamed to him. Yet even now she looked innocent, like a pagan sacrifice of old, and he couldn’t wait to sink his knife into her tight sheath.
         He pulled his tunic over his head, casting it heedlessly aside before making short work on the lacings holding his breeches in place. Naked and proud, he stood before her, letting her look her fill. Never a self-conscious man, he’d appreciated of his size and strength mainly because of the edge it gave him in battle. Yet here, now, he was ridiculously happy to find that his body was pleasing to Marissa. Her eyes darkened as she watched him, the tip of her tongue sneaking out to wet her lower lip.
He groaned at the sight, and knew he could wait no longer.
         Grabbing her hips and spreading her legs wide, he pulled her off the edge of the rock, supporting her lower body with his hands as he entered her slowly. She gripped him so tightly; he almost came on the spot. She was wet and willing, but not prepared enough to take him the way he wanted, needed. He grit his teeth and forced himself to ease his way in slowly. His hips jerked against her on their own accord, and with every shallow thrust her hips rose to meet his. The sight of Marissa’s head flung back, mouth open in abandoned bliss, was almost too much, He closed his eyes and focused again on moving slow and steady.
         Finally her body gave way to him, and he could bury himself completely in her warmth. The feeling was so exquisite; he never wanted to leave the sweet haven of her body. He leaned down and captured her lips once more, the deep kiss mimicking the rhythm of their bodies.
         Her hands stroked his back, then moved down to his ass, gripping tightly. She pushed him closer, urging him to move faster. Her desire spurred his own, and he crushed her to him in a vice like grip, his back glistening with sweat from the strain of holding on to his control. Her hips danced against his, and every thrust tore a moan from her throat, until finally she came, a hoarse cry accompanying the tears of her nails down his backside.
         The stinging pain only egged him on, and he finally let go of his restraint. He shifted his position slightly, pushing his hands under Marissa’s ass, allowing him to bury even deeper into her. She was still shivering from the aftershocks of her orgasm, her flesh still swollen and sensitive, and the increased friction of this new position made her body helpless under his sensuous attack. He hammered into her hard, mercilessly driving her toward another climax.
         She threw her head back in pure bliss, and Kay immediately found his favourite spot on her neck, licking, nibbling and biting it, until she once again convulsed in his arms. She dug her nails into his shoulders, her hips buckling against him, her mouth wide open in a soundless scream as wave after wave of pleasure washed over her.
         The sight and feeling of her orgasm finally drove him over the edge. He froze, and like a statue he hovered above her for three never ending seconds, and then a deep sound escaped his lips. A loud bellow, starting in his stomach, forcing its way up his chest and blasting out of his throat as his hips buckled madly against her, grinding her against the unyielding surface of the rock.


         Marissa watched in awe as this strong, proud man, gave himself completely to the moment, and to her. There was no doubt that it was difficult for a man like him to let go of all control, and that he trusted her enough to let go so completely was a humbling discovery.
         He collapsed on top of her, his legs refusing to support his weight. She hugged him closer, more than willing to give up such luxuries as breathing for the pleasure of feeling him above her, in her, a while longer. Exquisite little aftershocks still racked her body every time he breathed, the slight friction awakening her body to his once again. He was absolutely addictive. She didn’t know how she’d managed to keep her hands off him the past week. Only by staying focused on poor Robbie, letting him distract her every time temptation struck, had she kept from dragging Kay behind a tree and ravaging her.
         She giggled at the thought, and then moaned as the vibration tickled the still sensitive flesh between her legs.
         “I’m crushing you.” Kay said, his voice laced with worry and lazy satisfaction.
         “No, don’t move.” She squeezed her arms tighter around him, wanting to savour the moment for as long as she could. She wasn’t ready to be parted from him yet.
         “I’m too heavy to be laying on you like this.” The hesitant longing in his voice belied his words, and it was clear that he didn’t really want to move. She smiled and pressed a reassuring kiss against his neck. Feeling lazy and content, she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.


         She dreamed of a tall tower overlooking an azure blue lake. The tall structure stood alone in the barren surroundings, the shape mirrored in the perfectly still surface of the water. She knew she needed to get to the top of the tower, but there was no door, no windows. Three times she circled the building, trailing her hand along the cool stone, but she couldn’t find a way in.
         On the last pass, she suddenly came face to face with Kay. He was dressed strangely, similar to the garb of the northern tribes. A long, heavy wool cloth wrapped several times around his hips, and then thrown over his left shoulder, leaving his right shoulder bare. His hair, normally tied back, now hung free, framing his face in dark blonde waves. His blue eyes smiled down at her, and he held out his hand, motioning for her to follow.
         They walked away from the tower, toward the lake. As they came nearer, she saw that they were heading toward a small waterfall. His hand held hers securely, and she didn’t hesitate to follow, even when he led her straight into the waterfall.
         The next thing she knew was that they were walking down a long hallway. The walls were made from rough cut stone, and she could clearly see a stairway ahead, yet there was no source of light. Following closely behind Kay, she began climbing the winding stairs. At first the steps were made from the same stone as the walls, but as they climbed higher, the stone became wood, thick and old, creaking under their feet for every step they took. Her legs grew heavy, and then the pain set in, until the simple task of lifting her feet became an agonising feat of willpower.
         Just as she was about to call out to Kay, asking him to let her take a break, they rounded a corner, and came up to a heavy wooden door. Kay pulled out a golden key, and unlocked the door. She expected a loud creak, but it slid open without a sound, and suddenly they were standing at the top of the tower, heavy turrets encasing them as she took in the amazing view.
         The lake looked so blue from up here, it almost hurt her eyes. There was a lone woman walking along the edge of the water, wearing a dark green dress. Her hair was coal black, and as the sunrays hit it, it sparkled with a blue hue, reflected in the deep lake. She looked so lonely, Marissa wanted to call out to her, but Kay’s hand on her back distracted her. She looked away for only a second, but when she looked back, the woman was gone.
         Kay stepped closer, his hand caressing her side now, stroking her through her soft linen dress. She turned to face him, and noticed that he had a beard. It was trimmed close to his face, and highlighted his strong jaw. It suited him, and she couldn’t resist reaching up to touch it. It felt surprisingly soft under her palm, and as he leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her jaw, it tickled and teased her skin.
         His big, warm hand trailed down her thigh, grabbing the fabric of her dress, and pulling it up until it pooled around her waist. A nudge from his hips placed her firmly against the edge of a turret. Another nudge had her lying down with her head hanging off the tower side. She’d never been so high up, and she knew she should be afraid, yet his hands on her hips secured her firmly in place, and she trusted him implicitly. He would never let her fall.
         He didn’t shed any clothes, simply lifted the heavy fabric around his hips, before ploughing into her wet and ready flesh. She threw her legs around his hips, urging him on as he pushed inside again and again. She loved the feeling of him inside her, filling her up. Until she met him, she hadn’t known she was empty. The delicious assault went on and on, until she convulsed around him, milking and massaging his thick length until he buried himself one last time, and cried out his release.


         Kay woke up, still joined to Marissa. His hips moved in lazy circles, unwilling to let go of the luscious feeling. Her body shivered under his, and she squeezed around him in what felt like aftershocks. Stunned, he broke away, and immediately regretted it when cool air replaced her warmth. The sudden movement brought a complaining sigh from her, and she woke up reaching for him. The movement warmed him, and he smiled as he gathered her in his arms.
         For several long minutes they sat in silence, simply enjoying the closeness of each other. Then Marissa frowned in confusion.
         “Um, Kay? Did we… you know… in our sleep?”
         Kay chuckled at the innocent question, though in truth he’d never experienced such a thing before himself.
         “Yes, I believe we did. I cannot get enough of you, it seems, even in my sleep.”
         “Oh no, this is bad!”
         “How come? I can think of much worse things to dream of than you.”
         “I don’t mean that, I mean Robbie! He’s sleeping in our tent! What if we… you know… while he’s there!?”
         Kay hadn’t thought of that, and though the presence of the page wouldn’t hold him back, he knew Marissa would not allow it. Cursing silently, he wondered how he could get her to agree that it was time that Robbie moved out of the tent. Luckily he didn’t have to resort to bribes or trickery.
         “He has been feeling much better lately though. I suppose he doesn’t need a constant nurse anymore, which means he doesn’t strictly speaking need to share our tent. He’s not yet ready for the stable, but if another arrangement can be made, I guess that will be all right…”
         “I will arrange for him to share a tent with Rodrick!” That would be suitable punishment for the jokes and grins he’s have to endure the past week.
         “You don’t think he’d mind?”
         “Not at all.” He was counting on it!

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2007 Inga (UN: inga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Inga has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515831-Chapter-ten