*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/529774-Chapter-twelve
by Inga
Rated: GC · Book · Romance/Love · #1249443
The first story from the land of Albion
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#529774 added August 22, 2007 at 8:38am
Restrictions: None
Chapter twelve
         Chapter thirteen

         He couldn’t speak. Words started to form in his throat, but they died long before they could escape him. On some level he knew that he was happy, but he was too numb to actually feel it. She loved him. She loved him! He repeated it over and over in his head, trying to make sense of the words and failing miserably. One thing slowly penetrated the haze that was his mind. She was not leaving him. She would stay, because she believed that was what her goddess wanted. He didn’t care about the reason why, all he cared about what keeping her with him, always.
         “Good. That’s… good.” His voice sounded strangled, and he found he couldn’t squeeze any other words through the tension in his throat. He moved to stroke her chin, only to discover that his hand was shaking, so he pulled it back to his lap, fisting it tightly. Cursing himself to the Underworld and back, he tried to think of something to do, something to say. He didn’t know much about women, but he suspected they expected some sort of reaction from a man after they declared their love for him.
         With sudden determination, he lifted Marissa off his lap, and with infinite care, he placed her on the bed next to him. After kissing her chastely on her cheek, he left the tent, muttering under his breath.
         He had to find Robbie. He needed flowers. And jewelry, women liked that. Marissa was fond of narangs, he would have to build a winter garden to grow them in so she could have them all year around. No, wait, first he had to buy an estate to build the winter garden on. Yes, that was a good idea, women liked to have a home of their own. He would go to the King and get his fortune released from the Royal Treasury, then he would buy a home for Marissa, fill it with flowers and narangs and jewelry and whatever else it took to make her happy. Clothes! Women liked beautiful clothes. He’d buy a trell who could sew her a whole new wardrobe. But Marissa didn’t like the practice of trells. No problem, he would offer to release it and keep it on as a hired worker. That would probably maker her smile. He loved it when she smiled. Loved the way her eyes lit up, and her lips softened into a gentle curve. Loved her. He loved her.
         “Robbie!”
         The bellow resounded throughout the camp, and more than one soldier snapped to attention from the force behind the cry.
         The young squire came running at the call, Rodrick close on his heels. They both looked around frantically, but couldn’t find the reason for his urgency. Slightly placated when they discovered no immediate danger, they quickly focused on Kay.
         “Master?” Robbie asked.
         “What’s up, Kay?” Rodrick chimed in.
         “I want flowers. And jewelry. And a house. No, a castle. Hm, I’d better wait until we’ve talked about that. Only the best is good enough, do you understand me?” He glared at the two in front of him, daring them to speak.
         Robbie and Rodrick shared a confused glance, but neither dared ask what this was all about. Instead they nodded, determined that they would not rest until they had enough flowers and jewelry to bury a giant. When Kay looked like this, failure was not an option.
         Satisfied, Kay turned on his heel and marched back into the tent.
         Marissa still sat on the bed where he’d placed her, a look of utter confusion on her face. She looked so young, so vulnerable. He could break her body with hardly any effort, and after her declaration he knew that he had the power to break her heart as well. He sent a silent prayer to Ignar, that he would prove himself worthy of her trust.
         Slowly coming to stand before her, he reached out and took her hands in his. They were so small and delicate compared to his. His skin was callused and rough against her softness, weather worn and with many small scars after years of fighting. He wanted to be gentle with her, for her, but at the same time he blessed his skills as a fighter, even his curse. With it came the knowledge that he could keep her safe. He had the money to provide for her, the skill to safeguard her, and the desire to make her happy. He only hoped it was enough.
         He looked down on her, but that didn’t seem right. With a frown, he knelt before her until their eyes were level. She didn’t hesitate to meet his gaze, and the strength of her character radiated in those blue depths, belying the frailty of her delicate body.
         “I require a promise of you,” he began.
         “Name it.” she said.
         “Should I ever say or do something that makes you unhappy, I ask that you tell me, so that I may know not to say or do it again.” He spoke with grave formality, determined not to give in to the urge to answer her sudden smile with one of his own. Her happiness was of paramount importance to him, and he knew so little about love and peaceful life in a proper home with a family of his own. A family! He needed to know that she would help him adjust to that life.
         “I think I can manage that.”
         “Promise.”
         “If you wish. I promise to tell you when you do or say something that makes me unhappy. Now will you kiss me?” Her smile grew to a grin, and he had to struggle to maintain his distance.
         “Not yet. I also need you to understand a few things. I don’t want there to be any misunderstandings between us.” With a curious frown, she nodded and sat back to listen.
         “I have been a warrior all my life. I fear that “strike first and strike hard” will always be a rule that I live by. I know that I cannot continue to be a soldier and a commander of this army once we marry, nor do I want to, but while you may accept some things about me in this setting, I fear that your feelings will change when we settle into a home together.” He interrupted her when she was about to speak, reading the denial of his words in her expression. “I know you love me, and I am honored and humbled by that knowledge. It is because of that that I am telling you this. You have only known me in my role as a warrior. By Ignar, I have only ever known me as a warrior. I don’t know how I will fare as a husband and, Ignar willing, a father.”
         Marissa blushed prettily at his mention of parenthood, a smile once again blossoming on her face. The sight tore through him, melting his heart all over again. She smiled at the thought of carrying his child!
         He quickly cleared his throat and continued before he could fall to the temptation of kissing her smiling lips.
         “I want to prove, before Ignar and Lagoe combined, that I am a man worthy of you. The only way I know of to do that is through your happiness. My life has been one of darkness. You are my light. I love you Marissa.”
         He flinched at the sight of tears pooling in her eyes. He really could not stand to see her cry. Just as he was about to ask what was wrong, she started laughing.
         He would never understand women!
         After several long, uncomfortable minutes, the tears subsided and the laughter reverted to that sweet smile he loved. She had many smiles, but this one was special, and she saved it just for him. It was gentle, loving and sensual, filled with secrets from their nights together, an intimate caress that touched his heart every time he saw it.
         “I love you too Kay Hir. Now will you kiss me?”
         He was only too happy to comply.


         Their lips met in a gentle probing, slowly nursing the embers of their passion until the flame burst forth, ready to consume them. With a groan, Kay deepened the kiss, his tongue seeking and finding hers. With deep caresses and steady thrusts he told her exactly what he longed to do with her, and she melted under the onslaught. The force of the kiss pushed her back onto the bed, and Kay followed, kneeling above her welcoming body. He pushed her dress up around her waist, and moaned when he found her naked underneath. The glistening moisture between her legs beckoned to him, and he pushed her legs apart with his knees, before leaning down to taste her essence.
         Marissa flinched at the first touch of his tongue.
         “What are you doing?”
         “Don’t move.” His voice was barely more than a growl, and the words an unmistakable order. “I need to taste you.”
         He buried his head in the junction between her thighs, lost in the pleasure of pleasuring her. He lapped up her juices with a flat tongue, before probing deeper, coercing more of the liquid from her body. He placed a hand on her stomach, reading her reactions and using the knowledge to bring her to the brink of ecstasy again and again. Her moans grew to pleading gasps, begging for release, and he finally relented. Focusing his attention on the tight knot of nerves, he sucked and licked until she came apart under him, screaming her pleasure with unabashed urgency.
         He continued his ministrations with gentle kisses and soothing caresses until she stopped shivering, and she settled back with lazy contentedness. Smiling, he crept up her body until he could kiss her, sharing her taste with her curious mouth.
         “I want you inside me now.” she mumbled against his lips, and he pulled back with a grin. That was his little vixen. He loved to dominate their love-making, guiding and encouraging her, but he also loved it when she expressed her lust and desire. It showed the level of trust she had in him, that she could allow herself to be so free and unashamed.
         “Whatever you want, you shall have.”
         He pulled back and lifted her hips off the bed with one hand. With the other he quickly grabbed a pelt and rolled it up, pushing it under her until she was stretched out in front of him, her hips raised high. Her back, arched in a delicate curve, pushed her breasts up high. The cool air hardened her nipples under his hungry gaze, and he could not resist the temptation to touch them. She moaned as his thumbs grazed the delicate tips.
         “Please… Inside me, now!”
         He smiled, and kept his eyes locked with hers as he reached down to unfasten his breeches. Her eyes widened at the sight of him, her tongue sneaking out to lick her lips. She was so tempting, so beautiful. He could wait no longer.
         Holding her hips in a firm grip, he pushed hard inside her welcoming body. Warmth engulfed him, and he almost came immediately. He closed his eyes and breathed hard while staying immobile, fighting to regain control over his body. Marissa tried to move against him, but his hold on her hips prevented that. Then suddenly he felt fingers moving between his legs, just where they were joined. Shocked, his eyes sprang open, and he looked down to see Marissa caressing herself, eyes closed and an intense look of concentration on her face.
         The sight set him on fire, and with a roar he started moving.
         “Look at me Marissa!”
         Their eyes locked as he sped up, hammering into her faster and harder, each stroke bringing them closer to shattering release.
         “Stay with me, love…”
         He was so close, he couldn’t hold back. Her hand between their legs moved with frantic, jerking movements. Her eyes glazed over and tension rocked through her body. He grit his teeth, and sped up even more, slamming into her in short, hard thrusts, grinding against her. He felt her muscles contract around him, squeezing and milking him as she came with a gasp. Her orgasm triggered his own, and he collapsed on top of her, unable to hold his own weight anymore.  Still thrusting, he buried his head against her neck, moaning as wave after wave of ecstasy washed over him. He couldn’t stop shivering, couldn’t get enough of the feeling of her skin against his, and from the frantic way she clutched him to her, she felt the same way.
         Pulling away only long enough to remove the last of his clothes as well as hers, he lay down on top of her again. He was still half hard, and needing the connection with her he pushed inside of her again. Her body welcomed his, and it felt like coming home. Marissa was already asleep, the physical and emotional exertions of the day had left her exhausted. With a contented sigh, he followed her into sleep.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2007 Inga (UN: inga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Inga has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/529774-Chapter-twelve