*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/553942-Its-Looking-Like-Christmas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#553942 added December 7, 2007 at 9:14pm
Restrictions: None
It's Looking Like Christmas
16 Qawl 164 B.E. - Friday, December 7, 2007 about 5:40 PM PST

It beginning to look like Christmas in Las Vegas. I haven't been to the Strip or the Fremont Street Experience, but in my neighborhood it's looking like Christmas. Across the street two of the houses have put up dozens of light and lawn decorations of Santa's, Reindeer and other Christmas themes. I haven't driven up Burnham toward Charleston to see the yard that's always decorated, but we're going to do that soon.

Today it felt like the arctic express run right through our neighborhood. The wind blew, bending some of the trees over double and kick the power off for a couple of hours. I have to reset the alarm clock and remember to get batteries for its back-up the next time I go to the store. It's an odd sized battery so I may have to go to Lowers or one of the home improvement stores.

I haven't been to the malls so I'm haven't seen their decorations, but I have been to the bank, Albertsons', Food 4 Less and the 99 cent only stores. They have decorated windows and Christmas music playing. The red kettles are out and there are more places in town letting them stand in front of their stores. Yes, it's beginning to look like Christmas in Las Vegas.

Normally this time of year we drive around town looking at the decorated yards, but this year the only place I'm driving to see decorated yards is my neighborhood and on the way to Feast. Next week is Feast, it's going to be held at the Baha'i Center on West Oakey, so I'll drive up Oakey. The majority of that street is residential and most of the yards are decorated.

I'm going to try to drive to the Ethel M Factory in Henderson. They have a decorated cactus garden and give tours through the candy factory. At the end of the tour everyone gets a free piece of chocolate candy. After all, it is chocolate candy and gas prices appear to be going down. The last time I got gas it was only $2.99 9/10. I think maybe we can afford to drive to Henderson and back a couple of times. We're suppose to go to my nieces in Henderson on Christmas.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/553942-Its-Looking-Like-Christmas