*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/554842-I-Want-to-be-a-Coffee-Bean
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#554842 added December 12, 2007 at 7:34pm
Restrictions: None
I Want to be a Coffee Bean
1 Masa'il 164 B.E. - Wednesday, December 12, 2007 about 4:14 PM PST

This is how the story goes (I think there is an e-mail going around with the story in it). A woman was having a great deal of test and difficulties. She went to her mother and told her she wanted to give up. Her mother took her into the kitchen.

In the kitchen the mother took three saucepans, put water in the pans and then added a different item to each pan. In one the mother put carrots, in another an egg and in the third ground coffee beans. Then the mother turn the stove on and the water in the pans boiled. After the water boiled, the mother told her daughter to inspect the contents of the sauce pans.

The carrots, which were hard before the water boiled, were soft. The outside of the egg hadn't changed but when the daughter took the egg shell off the inside of the egg had became hard. The mother poured the contents of the pan with the coffee gounds into a cup. The coffee grounds hadn't changed, but the water had changed. All three items were subject to the same stress, the same tests and difficulties. The carrots became soft, egg became hard on the inside, but the ground coffee bean had changed the boiling water.

So I want to be a coffee bean and change my situation, my tests and difficulties.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/554842-I-Want-to-be-a-Coffee-Bean